Thread: Rams Want a QB?

Country is offline Registered User

Rams Want a QB?

POSTED 8:20 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 8:29 a.m. EDT, April 25, 2007

RAMS WANT BECK?

There are rumors making the rounds that the St. Louis Rams have contacted teams at the bottom of round one regarding the possibility of getting a chance to pick BYU quarterback John Beck before the Lions use their second-round draft selection.

The Rams most likely wouldn't be trading down from the No. 13 spot; they'd be trading up from their spot in round two, where they hold the 20th (No. 52 overall) pick.

Marc Bulger currently is the starting quarterback in St. Louis, but he was signed by a prior regime. And Bulger is under contract only through 2007, at a salary of $3.95 million. If the Rams believed Bulger to be the long-term answer, wouldn't they have extended him by now?

Hey, Rams -- why not offer Bulger and the No. 13 overall pick to the Lions and move up to No. 2? Then St. Louis can get either JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn.

If they even would want them. The Rams could be one of the teams who view guys like John Beck as better than Russell or Quinn.

It is from Pro Football Talk so take it for what it is worth.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Want a QB?

Thanks for the post country. As per your prudent suggestion, I will take it for what its worth. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. "Signed by the prior regime"

What a blithering idiot.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I don't know why the Rams would want to go after Beck, even if they are planning to go with a developmental QB why wouldn't they take Trent Edwards who I think is a much better pro prospect.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    POSTED 8:20 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 8:29 a.m. EDT, April 25, 2007

Hey, Rams -- why not offer Bulger and the No. 13 overall pick to the Lions and move up to No. 2? Then St. Louis can get either JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn.

It is from Pro Football Talk so take it for what it is worth.
    *RUMOR*? That's an understatement! Yeah, let's trade one of the most accurate passers in the NFL for a chance on Russell or Quinn. NOT!

Worth= Less than Zero!

RamsNation is offline Registered User

I honestly feel the Rams are to content with Fitzpatrick (and rightfully so) to make any early round dealings for a QB, although I think competition is good and they should add a "camp arm" later in the draft if a good QB lands at the right spot. I really like Beck though, I have him rated at no.4 QB in this draft. For a later second day pick, wouldnt mind us selecting Rowe from Nevada. I think a watch and learn situation for 2 or 3 years would benefit him a lot, and he could be a good NFL QB.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Bulger is in his prime and about to sign a long term extension. Ferrotte is fine as a backup for at least a couple of years. We dont need to use a high pick on a developmental qb, it makes no sense. We need defense, and i dont mean the developmental kind, i mean the tackling kind right now.

Our moves are clearly directed to trying to win now. We have traded two #5 picks for vets in hall and hall. We are going to trade future for jenkins in my view. We have the offensive firepower to win now, we arent going to use a #2 on a qb under any circumstances, even if johnny unitas is available.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

keith m. klink Guest

this was totally idiotic in my view , and the rumor starters at these magazines or sites should go work for a gosip collumn somewhere , where old woman and little teeny bopper girls would read and believe their lines of bull crap. this was the stupidest thing i've read all year .

Keenum is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind getting a deveolpment QB, but I don't really see a need for one right now. Bulger still has plenty of years left. If Frerrote is not back (don't know if he is or is not) then we'd need a VETERAN QB to back up Bulger.