Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rams to workout Patton

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams to workout Patton

With our addition of Cook and Jake Long, I think that we opened ourselves up to many directions in the first round. I also think that it is very likely that we are looking for trade downs(where Patton could make sense) or could be looking at other positions in the first round and so we could be hoping that Patton or Hunter(Woods is just a dirty trojan...) last until our pick in he 2nd.

The question remains... what offensive line talent will be there at #16, and who else will drop if QB's get taken early?

I believe!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Is it possible the Rams don't go WR in round one? Could they pass on Austin and Allen to address other needs?
    Absolutely, if better value is on the board. But if a receiver is the best value, I suspect they'll take that guy or work a trade down.

There are a lot of receivers to like on Day Two. I don't think the Rams are going to feel forced to take one in the first unless the value matches up.

richtree is offline Registered User

Yeah, and maybe a team wanting a QB that falls to 16 will trade up ?

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Yeah, and maybe a team wanting a QB that falls to 16 will trade up ?
    I don't see any team picking after #16 in the first round that I would expect to be interested in a first round QB, and I have to imagine the cost to go from the second round to pick #16 would be steep. It might become a more realistic option at #22. The offer would still have to be pretty good to warrant a 12-15 spot drop.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't see any team picking after #16 in the first round that I would expect to be interested in a first round QB, and I have to imagine the cost to go from the second round to pick #16 would be steep. It might become a more realistic option at #22. The offer would still have to be pretty good to warrant a 12-15 spot drop.
    multiple trades would get it done...always options....

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I think that it's safe to say richtree, that after last year, we know that Fisher and Snead are "flexible" in terms of where they draft.
    I believe!

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Quick question for those that follow the process more than I do: Did the Rams draft any player last year that they brought in for a workout?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    Quick question for those that follow the process more than I do: Did the Rams draft any player last year that they brought in for a workout?

Rams went to private workout for Brian Quick and Janoris Jenkins had private workout too.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    With our addition of Cook and Jake Long, I think that we opened ourselves up to many directions in the first round. I also think that it is very likely that we are looking for trade downs(where Patton could make sense) or could be looking at other positions in the first round and so we could be hoping that Patton or Hunter(Woods is just a dirty trojan...) last until our pick in he 2nd.

The question remains... what offensive line talent will be there at #16, and who else will drop if QB's get taken early?
    Am I the in the minority in thinking that Fisher wont draft an OG at 16. If we needed a tackle I can see it. But I have a really good feeling that we won't draft an OG in the first round. Especially the 16th pick

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Rams went to private workout for Brian Quick and Janoris Jenkins had private workout too.
    Thanks richtree. I remember the Rams taking that hush-hush trip to see Quick, and I'm not surprised to see Jenkins. Wonder how much real interest they have in Patton. I like what I've seen so far from him.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Am I the in the minority in thinking that Fisher wont draft an OG at 16. If we needed a tackle I can see it. But I have a really good feeling that we won't draft an OG in the first round. Especially the 16th pick
    It's certainly possible. I think the value of Chance Warmack or Jon Cooper are too good to pass up if they're available, but it's possible that Fisher doesn't view them as highly due to their position and could go another direction. But you're looking at two guys who are considered Top 10 prospects right now; to pass on that kind of value would require very good value in itself, I would imagine.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I agree with you and have held the opinion that Fisher doesn't take his first, first-round O-lineman this year. I'll change my opinion as soon as I see an example of it from him. Certainly now that we've signed Long I really don;t expect it.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Absolutely, if better value is on the board. But if a receiver is the best value, I suspect they'll take that guy or work a trade down.

There are a lot of receivers to like on Day Two. I don't think the Rams are going to feel forced to take one in the first unless the value matches up.
    Brilliant, couldn't have said it better myself.

Go Rams!
    Nick likes this.

punahou is offline Registered User

Hmmmm Im not sure being in the WAC makes Patton anything to look at IMO. 4.5ish 40, 30 inch vert, and 1300s yds in the WAC really do not speak volumes to me ( and yes I am very familiar with WAC teams as I am from Hawaii). If we were to take him in the 4th round OK, but 1st? 2nd? I hope not. I wasn't thrilled about Brian Quick in rd 2 last year either, and Patton is no better than Quick IMO. I feel that Hopkins is a much better option that Patton if both are available when the Rams pick in X round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12