Thread: rams wrs

DieHardRamsFan1381 Guest

rams wrs

is it me or does anyone think we could use like a good veteran wr to help develope or young wr corps. i mean i like avery and robinson but the rest im not to pleased with. i mean gilyard i think could be a good #2 wr but i think avery needs to step it up this year and prove hes the #1 wr. i think they should have signed a good veteran wr like antionio bryant,torry holt, and maybe t.o. i know all the problems hes had in the past but i think he would make a good weapon for bradford or they could have traded for brandon marshall and vincent jackson i mean their both great wr who put up top number. but thats just what i think.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: rams wrs

Personally, I'd say no. If we carry four or five receivers on the roster, competition for those spots is going to be tight as it is without handing one of those spots to a player on the decline. I'd have supported a move for Marshall--who could have jumped immediately to the top of the depth chart--but I don't necessarily think we should acquire a veteran just for the sake of having one.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Personally, I'd say no. If we carry four or five receivers on the roster, competition for those spots is going to be tight as it is without handing one of those spots to a player on the decline. I'd have supported a move for Marshall--who could have jumped immediately to the top of the depth chart--but I don't necessarily think we should acquire a veteran just for the sake of having one.
    ill have to agree with u there. I personally think we are set are wr. Robinson avery and even gillyard could fight and all put a good fight for the number one spot and then we have a second and third wr right there. Id have to say gibson will get the 4th wr. Then that leave danny to return kicks and be our 5th wr. Then if we decide to keep 6 id say brooks foster. So to me we are really not that bad at wr seeing as three of our recievers could be our number one.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We have no proven playmakers on this roster at WR. Avery has to hang onto the ball more, Robinson has to stay healthy. The rest, serviceable at best.

Gilyard has a chance to be good but you have to give WR's time. The speed of the game is so much different in the Pros than College that it seems to affect rookie WR's more. Most have just decent years. However, this is Avery's third....he has to either break out or get out.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    We have no proven playmakers on this roster at WR. Avery has to hang onto the ball more, Robinson has to stay healthy. The rest, serviceable at best.

Gilyard has a chance to be good but you have to give WR's time. The speed of the game is so much different in the Pros than College that it seems to affect rookie WR's more. Most have just decent years. However, this is Avery's third....he has to either break out or get out.
    Did anyone hear of sidney rice or miles austin before last year? Probally not, because they had breakout years. Avery did show he did have breakout cabability in his rookie year. Robinson last year started strong and I'm still standin by gillyard because I think he will come in and make some big plays.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Did anyone hear of sidney rice or miles austin before last year? Probally not, because they had breakout years. Avery did show he did have breakout cabability in his rookie year. Robinson last year started strong and I'm still standin by gillyard because I think he will come in and make some big plays.
    You just proved my point. Thank you. Currently, right now, we agree Rams have no playmakers at WR. However, we both agree they can but it's up to them. Until they ACTUALLLY do it, they aren't playmakers.

DieHardRamsFan1381 Guest

i agree with you guys im just say it would be nice to have a good veteran whos can teach them more bout the game and what not. i think if avery blows it this year hes out. robinson needs to avoid the injurys this year and gilyard needs to have a season like percy harvin lol it would be nice though