RamsFan16 Guest

RamsFan16 Rams Mockdraft: V 1.2

11. St. Louis: Jimmy Williams CB, Virginia Tech
    The Rams ran short this season on Cornerbacks and Safeties mostly the Free Safety spot for Safeties. And with the downplay of Travis Fisher and the lack of size of the Rams Cornerbacks Jimmy Williams will bring his 6'3" 216lb frame to the Rams and use it. He has a good nack to get to the ball although may go for the Big Hit to often. Overall he can help the Rams at the Free Safety spot and Cornerback position.

43. St. Louis: Kamerion Wimbley DE, Flordia State
    The Rams Defensive Line was short last year at the Defensive End position. They had a below average pass rushing attack and couldn't do pretty much anything. With Little aging Wimbley would bring he size and speed to the table to help the corners of the Rams Defensive Line. He does an excellent job in pursuit and can close on the ball very well. Although he is undersized and lacks bulk and needs to get stronger.

75. St. Louis: DeMario Minter CB, Georgia
    This would be a good pickup for the Rams in the 3rd Round. Minter is a big physical CB who is good in run support, and is good at getting through traffic. He doesn't get caught up. In coverage he plays tough man coverage. His downside is that he doesn't have great hands and his off the field character is iffy.

I know you guys are going to smash me for not getting a TE but there is a load of Tightends availible.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: RamsFan16 Rams Mockdraft: V 1.2

Actually I'm not thinking about tight ends. I'm wondering why we would get two DBs and no first day linebacker.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

Ya I thougt for right now I'd chose a linebacker last for our needs. On Defense since we don't know whawt Coakley is doing. But my next one will I'm just predicting nothing major.

RamJackson39 Guest

I think that CB is the last of our needs. With Bartell, Butler, and Fisher all fairly young. I think there's a lot of untapped potential back there.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    I think that CB is the last of our needs. With Bartell, Butler, and Fisher all fairly young. I think there's a lot of untapped potential back there.
    And even with that said, I think both Williams and Huff are athletic enough to come up from a safety spot and cover someone at the line. Both are being looked at for both CB and S, so either could provide depth at CB.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamJackson39 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    And even with that said, I think both Williams and Huff are athletic enough to come up from a safety spot and cover someone at the line. Both are being looked at for both CB and S, so either could provide depth at CB.
    Now, I love Huff. He would be a great addition back at Safety. I dont think he'll be there at 11 though. is Williams worth it? he wasnt extremely impressive this season and has shown signs of immaturity which is something that does not need to be added to this defense. If it came down to Greenway and Williams, I'd have to select Greenway.

chiguy is offline Registered User

There is no way that the Rams choose two CBs on the first day. Heck, I even doubt that we choose two in the whole draft. The only way that is true is if Butler is worse off injury-wise than we've heard. But even then we have three guys who can play OK back there in Groce, Fischer, and Bartell.

I think a CB/S hybrid like Huff is definitely a possibility, but no CBs other than that.

RamsFan16 Guest

Williams is a CB/S

DaRamsBaby Guest

i would definitly get a tight end and a linebacker in the first three rounds...

chiguy is offline Registered User

My point was that we might take one CB if he's hybrid, but if we do that we certainly won't take a second DB that early.

bruce_wannabe Guest

i could see us picking up a shutdown corner like williams because lets face it we still dont know how butler will respond to his knee surgery and have no clue how bartrell will do in his second season. id like to say that hell preform but you never know... he might be the next willie middlebrooks...