RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

RamsFan16's mock v1.6 (2nd to last mock)

Rams Additions:
    • FB Mike Karney
    • C Jason Brown
    • SS James Butler

Rams retainees:
    • CB Ron Bartell
    • FS OJ Atogwe

Most likely, but not yet retained (will be included in retained for this mock draft)
    • DE Victor Adeyanju
    • OG Richie Incognito

Rams losses:
    • DT La'Roi Glover
    • OT Orlando Pace
    • WR Torry Holt
    • QB Trent Green

Top Needs:
    1. Middle Linebacker
    2. Offensive Line
    3. Wide Receiver
    4. Defensive Tackle
    5. Cornerback

Round 1: With the 2nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Aaron Curry, Linebacker, Wake Forest.
    - What is there more you need to know? The guy is a stud, he'll instantly take this defense and put it in a position to surprise alot of teams. The guy will bring the intensity, he'll lead and he'll play his ass off. He's what every team needs and wants. He also fits every single pillar of Coach Spagnuolo's philosophy.

Round 2: With the 35th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select William Beatty, Offensive Tackle, Connecticut
    - Beatty is an extremely athletic tackle who is a superior pass rusher. He'd give us great stability at the tackle position, he's got just as much potential as the linemen in the first round and maybe even more because he doesn't have as high expectations.

Round 3: With the 66th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Ramses Barden, Wide Receiver, Cal-Poly
    - Barden, who is a extremely large target at 6'6" 220lbs, would compliment greatly to Avery and Burton. With there speed, Barden could help in going across the middle and corner of the endzones. He's also a decent blocker for a receiver which would then compliment Jackson.

Round 4: With the 103rd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Kyle Moore, Defensive End, University of Southern California
    - A descent prospect who would be a nice compliment to Chris Long, Moore would be more of the run stuffer and a little work from Spagnuolo and he could be turned into a decent pass rusher.

Round 5: With the 160th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Glover Quin, Corner back, New Mexico

Round 6: With the 196th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Ian Johnson, Running Back, Boise State

Round 7: With the 211th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select David Johnson, Quarterback, Tulsa

RamsFan16

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: RamsFan16's mock v1.6 (2nd to last mock)

I love the pics that always come with your mocks... lol

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post

Round 1: With the 2nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Aaron Curry, Linebacker, Wake Forest.
    - What is there more you need to know? The guy is a stud, he'll instantly take this defense and put it in a position to surprise alot of teams. The guy will bring the intensity, he'll lead and he'll play his ass off. He's what every team needs and wants. He also fits every single pillar of Coach Spagnuolo's philosophy.
    The only thing i need to know is if he can protect Bulger and Action Jackson who are due over 10 mill on the cap (combined) next year.

Round 2: With the 35th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select William Beatty, Offensive Tackle, Connecticut
    - Beatty is an extremely athletic tackle who is a superior pass rusher. He'd give us great stability at the tackle position, he's got just as much potential as the linemen in the first round and maybe even more because he doesn't have as high expectations.
    well if he is a superior pass rusher do you think he can sack Matt Hasselbeck really hard. LOL i know what you mean but we need a run blocking protector and if he is so goood why wont he go in the 1st.

Round 3: With the 66th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Ramses Barden, Wide Receiver, Cal-Poly
    - Barden, who is a extremely large target at 6'6" 220lbs, would compliment greatly to Avery and Burton. With there speed, Barden could help in going across the middle and corner of the endzones. He's also a decent blocker for a receiver which would then compliment Jackson.
    We got jason Brown so expect more inside rushes and cornerbacks vs. steven jackson is basically a case where the CB just has to duck and hope they trip him so the outside blocking is not much of a factor.
    Greg Oden is a WR?

schut39 is offline Registered User

I love picks 1,2, and 3. If we go for Curry, I really hope a tackle like Beatty is available. Ramses Barden is one of my favorite receivers in this draft due to his size. He would be a great red zone threat and would complement the speed that we already have in our receivers.

The picks that I don't really like are the DE and the CB picks. In my opinion, I would say that we are safe at DE for now because Leonard Little still has a little gas in the tank and we have capable backups such as Victor Adeyanju. If we go for a defensive lineman in this draft, it should probably be a DT. Also, if we pick a cornerback in the 5th round, he will most likely be a backup and add more depth. Right now we don't need much more depth, and if we were to select a CB, I would like to select one earlier.

I don't know much about picks 6 and 7, but picks from those rounds are usually backups anyways so it shouldn't make a huge impact. Overall, a good mock draft.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Love it, nice work. (Rounds 1-3 sealed the deal for me)

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

One of the best mocks I've seen in a long time

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I would be happy with your draft as the first three address needs but it would not be an ideal draft for me. I was not crazy about 4-7 DE, CB, RB, and QB I would have rather had a NT and another LB before we selected those positions IMO.

I really like you 1st and 2nd pick.
    1st Aaron Curry 6'3 250
    2nd William Beatty 6'6 307
    3rd Ron Brace 6'3 325 (Instead of Barden)
    4th BPA
    5th Aaron Kelly 6'5 205

I would rather have Kelly in the 5th then Barden in the third. I would not mind using our third and another pick to try getting back in to the lower part of the second for Brace.

If you go to draft countdown you will see a good video on Kelly showing how fluid of a route runner he is and how good of hand he has. He is great at twisting in the air and catching the ball. IMO he is faster, better hands and better route runner then Barden. Barden does however have an advantage in being a more physical WR. I recommend you go check it out. Click on WR's then his name and you will see his video.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-16-2009 at 10:12 PM.