Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: RamsFan16s new Mock V 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Who gives a crap about the Bench. There is a diffrence between Football tough which Greenway is and bench tough in which he isn't. He may not bench strong but it doesn't mean that he isn't strong and also its alot easier for guys with little arms to bench more than guys with big arms in which Greenway does. Plus he was really impressive in the linebacker drills. He has a natural hip movement and did some great swim moves on the drills. Look outside of his 16 reps and look at his football skill. I mean Pisa only did it 19 times and look how good he is because of his athletic ability. Andra Davis only did it 20x's and was 5th in the league for LBs and tackles. It doesn't take bench toughness to have good football toughness and be a productive Linebacker. Although you'd like them to be strong and you can certainly improve on that it takes agility, and good decision making to. I'm not saying 16 is good because it isn't good its not bad though I'm saying that it means more to be more football tough than bench tough and I know Greenway is faster than a 4.72 or w/e he ran he had a bad run. I say about a 4.5-4.6.
    Hey if I already didn't know that Greenway plays for Iowa, I sure would know who he plays for after knowing RF16 and reading his post. LOL

BRUUUUUUUUCE

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    This is the part that scares me. IF his poor combine is indicative of his potential, then he needs to be somewhere like the Jets, or the Bears....some place with a solid MLB that will take away attention. Somewhere other than here.

He's sound fundamentally, and maybe his technique skills, as well as, standing next to a top MLB like Abdul Hodge helped alleviate some of his physical weaknesses.

Can he overcome this to promote his game? I think so, but he sure cost himself a good chunk of money last weekend.
    This is a great post. Greenway's lack of measurables makes you wonder how well his weaknesses were disguised by the talent of the guy playing beside him. These aren't the kind of numbers you want for a guy you're drafting to come be the man on your defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Greenways “people” did him a disservice to have him workout. They had to know what kind of numbers he was going to put up. You would think they would have made a statement like; Greenways resume is his game film.
    Agreed. It makes me wonder what's going on in his camp. Has he not been working out since the end of the college season? He should have been, but this is the best he can muster? It makes you wonder. If they knew his numbers would be around this area, why not skip the drills at the combine and continue working towards Iowa's pro day?

Who gives a crap about the Bench. There is a diffrence between Football tough which Greenway is and bench tough in which he isn't. He may not bench strong but it doesn't mean that he isn't strong and also its alot easier for guys with little arms to bench more than guys with big arms in which Greenway does. Plus he was really impressive in the linebacker drills. He has a natural hip movement and did some great swim moves on the drills. Look outside of his 16 reps and look at his football skill. I mean Pisa only did it 19 times and look how good he is because of his athletic ability. Andra Davis only did it 20x's and was 5th in the league for LBs and tackles. It doesn't take bench toughness to have good football toughness and be a productive Linebacker. Although you'd like them to be strong and you can certainly improve on that it takes agility, and good decision making to. I'm not saying 16 is good because it isn't good its not bad though I'm saying that it means more to be more football tough than bench tough and I know Greenway is faster than a 4.72 or w/e he ran he had a bad run. I say about a 4.5-4.6.
    Dude, come on. You've gotta lighten up on the homerism here.

I'm sorry, but yes, 16 reps is bad. Especially for a guy who's being touted as a potential 3-4 outside linebacker or a strong side LB where he's going to need good strength when going against tight ends and pulling linemen. Twenty reps would have been fine for me. Not ideal, but fine. Sixteen makes me think he might be limited to the weak side, which is where we already have a good player in Pisa. And Pisa's lack of size/strength is one of the reasons he's there.

I don't think the point some of us are making is that Greenway isn't going to be good because he only put up 16 reps. But rather than he may not be good for us, since that skill set may better fit a position we already have filled. We already have a weak side linebacker, and the measurables that Greenway put up would not make me confident that he could play in the MLB or SLB positions for us.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Ok so your a hater now.
    RamsFan16

Ok so your a hater now.
    Of course not. I hope that's not the best response you can come up with to the legitimate points I made about why Greenway disappointed earlier this week.

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Slay isnt a good pick. He's a big hitter, but he's bad in coverage.
    Kinda like Arch

Quote Originally Posted by realchamp11
    Kinda like Arch
    Na Arch is a soft hitter, can't tackle, and can't play average in coverage only crappy.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Of course not. I hope that's not the best response you can come up with to the legitimate points I made about why Greenway disappointed earlier this week.
    I knew this would come up. Now Huff is a god and Greenway is the devil.
    RamsFan16

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Come on, dude, slow down a little. Nobody is saying Greenway is the devil..........well, except for Bobby Boucher's mom.

We're just saying that Greenway put up some disappointing numbers in the combine. These numbers MAY (not is, but MAY) be indicative of a necessity for him to play in a position which we don't have an imminent need, ie WLB....Pisa, our top LB, is already there.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Wow, you're too much. That's not what I said at all, so I'll just wait and see if you respond to what I actually posted. :up:

rampete is offline Registered User

tinoisamoa did a personal best of 22 at his combine...

bhoang23 is offline Registered User

not a fan of slay what he run in the combine a 4.8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12