Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: RamsFan16's PreNCAA/PreNFLSeason Mock Draft (Analysis of first 2 rounds)3 round total

STAY AWAY FROM PAUL POLUZAKY (sp) He will do horrible this year. He is really overrated.

RamsFan16

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: RamsFan16's PreNCAA/PreNFLSeason Mock Draft (Analysis of first 2 rounds)3 round t

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    O-Lineman can play a very long time and be effective. Pace is still one of the best OTs in the NFL and will probably be one for a few more years. OT is something that the Rams can wait to address for a few years.
    I applaud you for not suggesting we draft the entire Alabama defense. There's a first time for everything I suppose.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: RamsFan16's PreNCAA/PreNFLSeason Mock Draft (Analysis of first 2 rounds)3 round total

We won't have a shot at Posluzny anyway (unless we tank), so you don't need to get too excited about him and the Rams.

Right now, I'd say that barring a major disaster by Chavous and Atogwe, that safety wouldn't be as big a priority with the team as these slots:

Defensive End -- Adeanyou (or however you spell it) was a nice pickup this year, but so far he sounds more like a situational guy in the running game than a long-term answer at the position. Little is aging, Hargrove has yet to proove anything, and we haven't had a consistent pass rush in three or four years. If a quality defensive bookend is available, I think we snatch him up.

Guard -- There is youth here, but its unproven with Icognito previously being incognito and Terrell unable to push away from the buffet table and free Twinkies. Timmerman looks spent and we may need a replacement at center soon too. I don't know if we go first round for this slot unless the right guy is there though, because you can usually get guys who eventually pan out in the 2-4 rounds.

Linebacker -- We're still terribly small at linebacker, especially with Witherspoon in the center and Chillar as an OLB. It would be nice to find a big guy who can make plays in the running game to play inside, so that we can slide Witherspoon out where he'll be back to his natural slot.

Running Back -- OK, its probably not a bigger priority than safety, but we have question marks here. MF is more or less done, SJ has yet to prove he can stay healthy an entire season, and our depth guys are really spot-situational players.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

RF16, I got to hand it to you. You have made several logical and cogent posts throughtout this thread. I'm really impressed. Way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    STAY AWAY FROM PAUL POLUZAKY (sp) He will do horrible this year. He is really overrated.
    Disregard my previous statement. :confused:
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

2007 will be a talented class. Maybe not on the scale of 2006 (theoretically anyway), but a talented group none the less. Here's my quick thoughts:

If we bomb this season and get the #1 pick.....

we go one of two ways:

1. trade down a spot or two and take Paul Posluzny......yes, yes, I know...what are we going to do with yet another WOLB? We're going to put him on the field and watch him make plays, that's what. Remember, this is a contract season for Pisa, who will see some very lucrative contracts next offseason. Posluzny is one of the best LBs PSU has put on the field in a long time.....that's PSU folks!

2. select Brady Quinn. If there is no trade partner, we better get our money's worth......and the next franchise QB would certainly be the closest to #1 value.

If we play mediocre, and get a mid-range pick...

1. Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss --- A little small, but a head-hunting Mike who is a solid tackler and a smart leader on the field
    2. Justin Blalock, OG, Texas --- A big road grader and probably the best guard in the class
    3. Tim Crowder, DE, Texas --- Assuming Gaines and Moses are both gone, Crowder is the best all-around End left on the board. Good size, can get bigger, and has a lot of upside IMO

If we rule the school and pick late in the round...

1. Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska --- This class is rich with DEs, and I mean rich. There may be 6 or 7 in the first round. The only reason Carriker may still be available late in the first is his less-than-steller 40 time. He's about .25 slower than most first round DEs, but other than that this kid can go. A powerful 295 lbs who takes up blockers like a NT, and penetrates like a UT. He could be a very nice prize to any 3-4 team looking for an End, but is just as valuable as a 4-3 End.

2. Trade up somewhere within the bottom third to take Carriker.

HUbison's....

dream pick --- Posluzny
    1st round dark horse --- Carriker
    late round dark horse --- Brian Smith, LB, Mizzou --- A little small (230) for a SOLB, but a solid pass rusher
    home cookin' pick --- Robert Towns, CB, Harding U. --- a 3-year starter and solid cover man who racked up 7 picks in his junior campaign, also PR & KR.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12