RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

RamsFan16's Rams Bye Week Mock

Round 1. Pick 23. Patrick Willis, Inside Linebacker/Outside Linebacker, Mississippi
    - Reason is the Rams are struggling to stop the run, and pressure the Quarterback. Patrick Willis is a very fundamentally tough, and sound Linebacker who can play the run very well, and shed blocks to get to the running back without letting the back do damage, just what the Rams need, also is very atheletic. He can also rush the Quarterback very well, and pressure sack him, as he is proven in his collegiate career, in 2004 he had 5 sacks, in 2005 he had 3 sacks, and in 2006 so far has 1 sack. He COULD, and I say COULD be a missing piece to the Run Defense puzzle.

Round 2. Pick 23. Victor Abiamiri, Defensive End, Notre Dame
    - Reason is the Rams as you can tell, have no pass rush whatsoever outside of Leonard Little who isn't getting any younger. With the 2006 Offseason far ahead, and the future of Anthony Hargrove not far behind the Rams need to do something about the pass rush for the Future. They drafted Defensive End out of Indiana Victor Adeyanju last year, who, is more of a run stopper than pass rusher, but is filling in very nicely for the challened Anthony Hargrove. But as I said Adeyanju is more of a Run Stopper, than a Pass Rusher. Victor Abiamiri would fit that mold of a Pass Rushing Defensive End for the future.

Round 3. Pick 23. Manuel Ramirez, Offensive Guard, Texas Tech
    - The Ram, honestly are Solid on the Offensive Line UNTIL you look at our Offensive Guards right now. Prior to Andy McCollum's unjury, Incognito seemed to be doing a solid job at Offensive Guard, but after the injury found himself starting at Center. Before this season the Future of the Offensive Line looked good, but now looks bad. Other than Settertrom (Talent wise), Barron, and Incognito, our offensive line has two holes, OG, and OT (For when Pace retires). Right now, would be a good start for that rebuilding process by drafting Manuel Ramirez from Texas Tech. His 6' 4" 335 pound frame scares opponents half to death, and also dominates them. Right now would be a good pick with Ramirez.

Round 4. Pick 23. Sergio Gilliam, Cornerback, Clemson

Round 5. Pick 23. Drew Tate, Quarterback, Iowa

Round 6. Pick 23. John Wendling, Safety, Wyoming

Round 7. Pick 23. Stephon Heyer, Offensive Tackle, Maryland

RamsFan16

bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: RamsFan16's Rams Bye Week Mock

When I viewed the title of this thread on the board index, I just knew I'd find an Iowa QB somewhere in the Ram's future. Hopefully, our opponents won't draft many Ohio players!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

We'd be very, very lucky if Victor Abiamiri was to fall to pick 23 Rd.2.

chiguy is offline Registered User

This has all the elements of a RF16 draft: an Iowa player, an unrealistic evaluation of a current Rams player (Setterstrom), and a first round player that won't fall to us.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Than make your own d*** draft.
    Last edited by HUbison; -10-16-2006 at 08:55 AM. Reason: slow down there potty mouth
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    We'd be very, very lucky if Victor Abiamiri was to fall to pick 23 Rd.2.
    I just can't see Abiamiri falling to us in the 2nd, maybe even not the 1st.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

-No problem with Willis in the first. He may or may not be there, just like anyone else. Some think he's moving ahead of Poz as the top linebacker in this class, while others think he's still floating around the bottom of the first. In the end I think he goes top twenty.

-As mentioned by others, I would really be shocked if Victor Abiamiri is available in the second round where we're projected to pick. I currently have him projected top twenty in my last mock. He's efficient both against the run and the pass, and I believe he's racked up five sacks this season thus far. He has very good size, and I just think that he's going to be one of those guys in the mix after Moses and Adams.

-It's not that I don't like the Ramirez pick. I actually think that's a fairly good projection. I just wish we could get off this notion that Setterstrom is any kind of answer, at least until he does something to actually prove it. The guy hasn't played one down of football, and dropped to the seventh round. To assume he's going to be a future fixture on this line is going to require some explanation.

-Indifferent about Gilliam. If I had to lean one way, he's not a guy I'd prefer. 6'3" and it looks like he runs in the mid 4.5s, maybe a transition to safety is in his cards for the future. There are other corners in the fourth round I'd probably take a look at first.

-I've not been blown away by Tate this season. I thought with a good season he could really improve his stock, but it seems he's had some lingering effects from that abdominal injury and really didn't look good against Ohio State. Height is going to be an issue for him as well. If we're looking at mid second day quarterbacks, I actually like John Beck out of BYU quite a bit thus far this season.

-I really don't think John Wendling is available in the sixth round. I see him as a first day guy right now. When I look at Wendling's situation, I think he's similar to Ron Bartell and Stanford Routt in 2005 and maybe David Pittman last year in that he's a guy who is going to quietly fly up boards because he has all the physical tools you look for and could potentially play corner.

-Not sure about Heyer's value, but you really can't complain about much in the seventh round. He has a significant ACL injury that would have to check out, but has pretty good size. Consistency is an issue. Again, you're not going to find perfect guys this late in the draft. My biggest concern would be if the value matches up.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Than make your own d*** draft.
    If you don't like criticism, then get out of the opinion business kid. I'm sorry that the world isn't all lollipops and backslaps, but it ain't. So get used to it.