Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RamsSB99
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram

Thread: RamsSB99 Mock

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

RamsSB99 Mock

This mock was based on need and value. We need a good OT and Johnson should be able to start right away and Cooper could step right into the left guard position giving us a solid offensive line. Williams would give us a good WR and Taylor could split carries with Richardson and Pead since Jackson may not be resigned. I think good safeties will be available after our first three picks and Rambo and Taylor could help solidify our safety positions. Holloman could compete for a linebacker position. Sudfeld is a good blocker that has shown decent hands and would be a nice addition to the TE depth chart.

1 (16) Lane Johnson OT 6'6 305
    1 (22) Jonathan Cooper G/C 6'3 310
    2 Terrance Williams WR 6'2 205 Alternates: Woods, Dobson, Hunter, Rogers
    3 Baccari Rambo FS 6'0 220
    4 Stephan Taylor RB 5'10 216
    5 DeVonte Holloman OLB 6'2 245 Alternate: Lerentee McCray OLB 6'2 250
    6 Zach Sudfeld TE 6'6 265
    7 Cooper Taylor SS 6'4 230 Alternate: Ray Ray Armstrong SS 6'4 220

Last edited by RamsSB99; -02-21-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    AvengerRam and BarronWade like this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: RamsSB99 Mock

Personally, I would go for the double dip of the OL in round 1. I can't see Fisher going for it though, as he's never taken an OL in the first round.

I think Terrance Williams is a good fit there, although I'd be tempted to look at Safety prospects there, maybe Elam or Phil Thomas.

Stephan Taylor might be worth a look in round 4, I like that idea.

Good looking mock!

BarronWade is offline Registered User

It is a very very good draft Johnson and Cooper sure up our O-line mightily and the 2nd round pick is basically best WR available

For some reason I really want Justin Hunter but his combine numbers will make him a sure fire 1st rounder.

But my favorite pick is the 7th rounders low risk very high reward one of them can really become playmaker with that size

RosieJones is offline Registered User

If the first round played out like that I'd be ecstatic, but with Fisher's draft history I'm not expecting anything like that.

I might address TE a little earlier, but other than that strong work.

citr92 is offline Registered User

i'm fine with this draft except terrance williams, just not a fan of a guy who falls over himself often, and possibly is afraid of contact

the others you list i'd be fine with, woods can run great routes, catch, move with the ball in his hands, a smart guy, and is faster than what people claim, and block fantastically

dobson can make some great catches as well, that one handed catch was awesome, goes up and gets he ball with great body position

hunter is great with the ball in his hands as well, but not as shifty as woods, but still good, seems like he's got good hands, but i haven't seen enough jump balls to see if he's physical enough

rogers is also shifty, and has good balance as well, and a good route runner

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Im fine with this draft outside the 1st round. I really rather grab other positions beside O-Line in the 1st. If we draft one offensive linemen in the first i can live with that, but grabbing two, not a big fan of. I know the ***** did it a few years back, but im just not a fan of doing that personally. I like the rest of it though

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    i'm fine with this draft except terrance williams, just not a fan of a guy who falls over himself often, and possibly is afraid of contact

the others you list i'd be fine with, woods can run great routes, catch, move with the ball in his hands, a smart guy, and is faster than what people claim, and block fantastically

dobson can make some great catches as well, that one handed catch was awesome, goes up and gets he ball with great body position

hunter is great with the ball in his hands as well, but not as shifty as woods, but still good, seems like he's got good hands, but i haven't seen enough jump balls to see if he's physical enough

rogers is also shifty, and has good balance as well, and a good route runner
    I noticed that with T Williams too, seems like he doesn't like contact and would rather slide or fall on the ground than fight for the extra 5-10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    I noticed that with T Williams too, seems like he doesn't like contact and would rather slide or fall on the ground than fight for the extra 5-10 yards.
    Bruce and Holt lived that way, is it really so bad?
    RuffRams likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25

And yet, he averaged 18.9 yards/catch.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Personally, I would go for the double dip of the OL in round 1. I can't see Fisher going for it though, as he's never taken an OL in the first round.

I think Terrance Williams is a good fit there, although I'd be tempted to look at Safety prospects there, maybe Elam or Phil Thomas.

Stephan Taylor might be worth a look in round 4, I like that idea.

Good looking mock!
    My exact thoughts. Love this mock, I would be very happy if something like this happened. But like also mentioned, fisher rarely drafts OL in 1st, and a double dip at that..probably not.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Bruce and Holt lived that way, is it really so bad?
    Bruce and Holt would mainly do it between the hash marks and when there were safeties and linebackers ready to make the big hit, while Terrence Williams does it all over the field (even when no ones around him). I'm not saying he has to go over the middle fearlessly, just don't slide when you think your about to get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Bruce and Holt would mainly do it between the hash marks and when there were safeties and linebackers ready to make the big hit, while Terrence Williams does it all over the field (even when no ones around him). I'm not saying he has to go over the middle fearlessly, just don't slide when you think your about to get hit.
    I haven't watched enough of Williams except for a couple highlight videos to really know. I really have not much an issue with it. He does a great job getting down the field. Y.A.C. though would be nice as well.