Rd 4 OT Ryan Harris

Rd 5 S Daren Stone

Rd 6 WR David Ball

Rd 7 DT Stanley Doughty

Rd 7 DT Joe Cohen

Rd 7 ILB Cameron Jensen

Country Guest

Re: Ranbos Mock 7 rounds 4/6/07

Amobi Okoye will not be there at 13, if people want him they will have to trade up to get him.

Rambos is offline Registered User

[QUOTEAmobi Okoye will not be there at 13][/QUOTE]

Not sure you can say he will not be there period. Scott Wright still has him taken at 13 by the Rams, not saying that it is a sure thing. But it's not out of line. He could be gone, will soon see...

RamsFan16 Guest

Great mock all the way around, we get a DT, DE and SLB on Day 1, and added depth in the rest of the draft!

RedArcher7 Guest

Ryan Harris probably won't last past the first day. And David Ball doesn't have the speed or size to make him a good fit with the Rams, but other than that it's alright, Moses had a huge stock drop and could end up with us in the second.

Ryan Harris probably won't last past the first day. And David Ball doesn't have the speed or size to make him a good fit with the Rams, but other than that it's alright, Moses had a huge stock drop and could end up with us in the second.

Ryan Harris Maybe...

doesn't have the speed or size
    David Ball New Hampshire 6-07/8 he is big enough.

David Ball good read.

Irrelevant questions: David Ball hoping to catch on in NFL
    By Tom Curran
    NBCSports.com
    Posted: Mar.30, 2007, 10:26 am EDTMajor exports from the northern New England states include maple syrup, hockey players and cold air. Professional football players are a little more rare -- as in almost never.

But David Ball from the University of New Hampshire is trying to break that trend. Having broken Jerry Rice's record for career receiving touchdowns in I-AA, he just might. The angular and aggressive receiver from Orange, Vt., is trying to overcome the small-school stigma and get drafted next month. Ball, a high school state champ in the long jump, triple jump and high jump, took time to talk about the latest leap he's trying to make.

TC: What were your emotions when you went to the NFL Combine and found yourself among players with much different resumes from yours?
    DB: To be honest, I felt like I was coming from a community college and I was going to a job interview with a bunch of guys from Ivy League schools. The tough part for me was that I was suffering from some nicks and bruises from the East-West Shrine Game and I didn't do all the testing at the combine. So I felt like I was competing for a job with guys who were full strength and ready and I wasn't totally in the mix.

How did the guys from bigger schools receive you?
    DB: Right when I got off the plane I rode the little airport shuttle with (Ohio State receiver) Ted Ginn Jr., (Pitt quarterback) Tyler Palko , and (Akron quarterback) Luke Getsy and we got to talking and I found out who they were. Egos were checked at the door and it was a good chance to just get to know guys. I spent a lot of time talking with (USC receiver) Dwayne Jarrett because he was in the same boat I was.

TC: It seems that a big ego is a real red flag for teams.
    DB: Those four days are just as big in terms of showing your personality and doing well in the interviews as it is for the running and everything. Everyone has pro days at their school after the combine so they can redo all the physical stuff but the first impression you make as a person is a one-time thing.

TC: You played seven-man football in high school according to a draft publication.
    DB: I didn't play seven-man football. I think there's only two kinds -- eight-man and 11. I don't know where that came from but there's definitely been some crazy stuff about my story, I'll tell you that much. I played 11-man fairly competitive football. Not compared to most states, but for Vermont, it was competitive.

TC: Why are so many wide receivers so cuckoo?
    DB: I think it has to do with our makeup. We're born athletes. Many of us are dual athletes and a lot are good enough that they can even try their hand at another sport in college. As athletes, you get a certain confidence in yourself and your ability and you always want the ball. Some guys are more vocal than others. Deep down, whether you talk or not, you always feel you can make the play and you just need the ball.

TC: Explain the attention you received when you broke Jerry Rice's I-AA touchdown record of 50.
    DB: It was a little overboard to be honest. I don't think something like that hit UNH in some time if ever. It was not dealt with in the best kind of way. I was thrown to the wolves, answering questions from people doing stories all day. It took over more of my time than football did.

TC: What was it like to be mentioned in the same breath as Jerry Rice?
    DB: To be mentioned, that way, to be sitting here talking about Jerry Rice ... he actually just called me to wish me luck Friday at my pro day. He allowed me to make a connection to him and it's an honor. We've talked every few weeks, if not more, since the end of the season. That record gave me a connection to him that not one player has. He's such a great role model both for I-AA guys and for NFL players. He's such a character guy. I don't know if I broke a Randy Moss record if he would have ever talked to me. But Jerry Rice got me on his radio show the following Monday. He's just a classy guy and I'm sure the NFL is still happy to have him represent the NFL.

TC: Where do you plan to be on draft day?
    DB: At home with my family.

TC: Is there a song that inspires you or describes your approach to football?
    DB: I need music to relax me and I'm an R&B guy. There's a Brian McKnight song called "Win" that I listen to. It was on the soundtrack to the movie Men of Honor and I heard it on the tail end of the movie during the credits and I always liked it. My mom sometimes will call me before a game and just play it in my voice mail.

TC: The "Pro Football Weekly Draft Preview" says that you "do not have great physical attributes to translate your success to the pro game." What's your reaction to that?
    DB: It's frustrating because I've been hearing it so much over the course of the past few months. But every time I've been in a football situation, I've succeeded. The East-West Shrine Game was no different. I was one of the best receivers there and I showed it at practice and for the scouts. I am not by any means out of the mix. People want to make comparisons of what this Ball kid did at that level. Throw all the Division I receivers into I-AA and have them do what I did. We won't know the answer until I have the opportunity to play football at that level. Friday, I have my pro day and then we can get away from all this track meet stuff and the next time I'll be on a football field where I'm really comfortable.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-06-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Great mock all the way around, we get a DT, DE and SLB on Day 1, and added depth in the rest of the draft!
    Except I really don't think Durant projects to the strong side in the pros, so we'd be spending a first day pick on a WILL linebacker.

Everything else looks fairly good. Daren Stone is a name I don't recall having seen in many projections for us done by others, but I would like bringing his size into the secondary.

RedArcher7 Guest

David Ball would have the size, if he was fast enough. I know he's 6 feet, but you should be faster than he is at six feet. Otherwise with his speed he should be taller, think of our newest WR.

Ramsfan

Great mock all the way around
    You just might be right one this one LOL

Everything else looks fairly good.
    I will take fairly good from you Nick...

I think either Durant or Stone could bring some punch to a poor tackling defense. Both could help out on ST as well.

Blurbs from draft count down
    Durant Tough and aggressive...A big hitter
    Stone An excellent tackler...Strong and physical

David Ball would have the size, if he was fast enough. I know he's 6 feet, but you should be faster than he is at six feet. Otherwise with his speed he should be taller, think of our newest WR.
    David Ball is not Curtis a deep threat; he would be more like a Ricky Proehl. and that might be a stretch. But the guys has made a few plays at a small school over the years he just might be a third down possession guy. He would first have to make the team.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Except I really don't think Durant projects to the strong side in the pros, so we'd be spending a first day pick on a WILL linebacker.
    I thought that he projected as a WLB/MLB/SLB in the Pro's? Such as a Chris Draft Linebacker.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I thought that he projected as a WLB/MLB/SLB in the Pro's? Such as a Chris Draft Linebacker.
    My impression of Durant is that he has a lot of problems getting through the trash and shedding blockers, and this is at a DI-AA level. At 6'0" 230 lbs, he doesn't have the ideal size you look for either.

If you want a late Day One maybe early Day Two DI-AA linebacker capable of playing the strong side, I'd look more towards Brown's Zak DeOssie.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Hey, Rambos

Mock, Round 1 Version 1.1

Apparently, great minds think alike (Atleast when the first 3 Rounds are concerned)

Or, as the cynicists amongst us will no doubt offer...

Great minds think alike, but fools solemn differ.

IsaacBruceFan80 Guest

I just have a feeling that somewhere in this draft,the Rams will draft a qb to tuck away for a rainy day. I think its in the back of the coaching staffs mind that they want a fresh guy to learn linehans offense for down the road a couple years. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do....but I think they will surprise a few people when they draft a qb...maybe early day 2. Anybody else feel that coming?

MASSIVE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBruceFan80 View Post
    I just have a feeling that somewhere in this draft,the Rams will draft a qb to tuck away for a rainy day. I think its in the back of the coaching staffs mind that they want a fresh guy to learn linehans offense for down the road a couple years. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do....but I think they will surprise a few people when they draft a qb...maybe early day 2. Anybody else feel that coming?
    You never know, but it's possible!
    :l

keith m. klink Guest

i don't think any one of the first three are there. i believe okoye is gone before #13 , moses will be gone in the DE rush in 2nd round, and won't last until #52 , and durant , i think will be 2nd rd late pickup. and , you have us taking 3-DT's , and no RB's, which is a bit of a need right now , in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast