Results 1 to 2 of 2
Random early-March draft thoughts...
A few random thoughts:
- The Rams should hope that Bradford has a lights-out Pro Day, while Clausen has a mediocre perfomance at his. If that happens, the potential trade market for the first pick might pick up, with a team like Washington possibly offering a King's ransom to move up.
- Part of me is moving towards favoring taking Bradford with the first pick, but if someone could guarantee me that Dan LeFevour would be available at the top of Round 3, I'd take Suh/BPA/LeFevour, regardless of Bradford's Pro Day workout.
- Dez Bryant is really doing his best to hurt his draft status. He may still be a great Pro, but he needs to stop raising red flags.
- I am almost as curious about Colt McCoy's Pro Day as I am about Bradford's.
- If I had to bet my house on one player that I can't imagine being a bust, it would be a guy who's not even on the Rams' list: C.J. Spiller.
- I posted a couple of weeks ago that the BPA in Round 2 may be a RB. I could also see it being an OT.
- Probably the weakest part of this draft is pass rushers (particularly those who could fit in a 4-3).
- This draft could really impact the QB position in the NFC West for years to come. Look who the starters are right now: two aging/often injured vets (Hasselbeck, Bulger) and two who are on the cusp of first round bust status (Smith, Leinart).
- The most exciting part of the draft may very well be from about midnight on Thursday until 7:30 p.m. on Friday. The Rams may need to install some extra phone lines for all the trade offers that will come in during that period of time.
- Forget box seats at the Super Bowl, press pass at the Pro Bowl, or on-field access during training camp. If I could have one access wish, it would be to be in the War Room for the Rams draft.
-03-10-2010 #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- Rep Power
Re: Random early-March draft thoughts...
By Nick in forum RAM TALKReplies: 4Last Post: -02-25-2009, 07:01 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 1Last Post: -01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 2Last Post: -04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
By Nick in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -02-24-2008, 02:25 AM
By HUbison in forum RAM TALKReplies: 7Last Post: -12-31-2004, 02:48 AM