ramhard is offline Registered User

Rather than trading down - I want 2 first round choices

With so many teams looking to trade down, I think I'd try to get a 2nd 1st choice. With the CB market being so hot (see what Surtain got!), I think having to keep your corners is going to get very expensive. Signing a low 1st round corner will work out great financially, and in some ways better than if you drafted them lower as you can lock them in for 5 years rather than 3. So I'd trade our #2 and the 2nd #3 (plus one of the comp picks in the 7th if necessary) for a low 1st. I'd pick up Brown with the 1st #1 and get a corner like Miller or Jackson with the second pick (not sold on Fabian Washington).
    That way the Rams get the OT plus CB, and pick up a FS with the high #3 pick.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Rather than trading down - I want 2 first round choices

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard
    So I'd trade our #2 and the 2nd #3 for a low 1st.
    Just to quantify your suggestion, (all values per nfldraftblitz.com) our 2nd round pick and our 3b pick would get us the Patriots 32nd spot. Or if we gave up our 2nd round spot and our 3a pick, we'd move up to the Chargers 28th spot.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rather than trading down - I want 2 first round choices

The opportunity to do this is probably gone now. Trying to strike up a deal with Denver, who was looking to trade out of the first round and did, would have been a good way to impliment this plan of action.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!