Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Ravens Insider: Rams already getting calls about pick #33 and Stephen Hill

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Ravens Insider: Rams already getting calls about pick #33 and Stephen Hill

https://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider...78828407652353

Could be the makings of another move down.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Ravens Insider: Rams already getting calls about pick #33 and Stephen Hill

Is there any team that has two second RD picks? I would not mind moving back to get another 2nd.

punahou is online now Registered User

Pass- the stock piling of the lesser pick insanity has got to stop. We need to take the best players for the positions we need, and not settle for almost as good players. The buffet mentality of quanity over quality is going to hurt us.

We need quality players rather than many average players. Use these 3 picks to do SOMETHING that will impact the team.

I dont know about many of you out there, but I'd rather eat one really good USDA Prime, well aged steak, than eating an infinite number of USDA standard steaks. We went from pick 2 to 14 yesterday....... lets not repeat that.
    timsum1283 and RockinRam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    I dont know about many of you out there, but I'd rather eat one really good USDA Prime, well aged steak, than eating an infinite number of USDA standard steaks. We went from pick 2 to 14 yesterday....... lets not repeat that.
    I'm a beef jerky fan myself, where does that fall in the analogy? Seventh round? Undrafted?
    Dr. Defense likes this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Alot of people are saying Hill's agent is starting this buzz to try to get him picked #33 because Randle has been getting more love from the Rams lately.

I rather have Hill but I really think Randle will be the pick.....we are being pushed to get a WR at #33 because the next four teams all want a WR

This draft's success will be decided in our round 2 and 3 picks.

KCRamFan is offline Registered User

Pass- the stock piling of the lesser pick insanity has got to stop. We need to take the best players for the positions we need, and not settle for almost as good players. The buffet mentality of quanity over quality is going to hurt us.

We need quality players rather than many average players. Use these 3 picks to do SOMETHING that will impact the team.

So you are saying that the #2 overall pick to getting picks 14, 39, 45 in this years draft and then 2 1st round picks in future drafts will help this team more? I am sorry but I believe the exact opposite. The Rams need an infusement of talent and they aren't going to get that with 1 player vs the 5 they will possibly get with the trades so far.
    #39 Fan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Alot of people are saying Hill's agent is starting this buzz to try to get him picked #33 because Randle has been getting more love from the Rams lately.

I rather have Hill but I really think Randle will be the pick.....we are being pushed to get a WR at #33 because the next four teams all want a WR

This draft's success will be decided in our round 2 and 3 picks.
    As someone who prefers Hill, do you think the Rams' desire to find guys who can contribute from Day One is impacting their view of these wide receivers? Randle appears to be a guy who is better ready to contribute on Day One, especially as a starter. Going back a few weeks, the Ravens' director of college scouting said of Hill, "It would be a process of him picking up an NFL-style offense, learning how to read defenses. He doesn't have to do a lot of that there. He has to block or run vertical, a limited route tree."

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The only way I'd move down from #33 is if the Rams have 3, or maybe 4, WR prospects with comparable grades remaining on their board. If that is the case, they can afford to wait until #39 for the sake of obtaining another draft choice.

If the Rams have 1 or 2 WR prospects (i.e. Randle, Hill) rated significantly above the rest of the prospects, then the risk of waiting until #39 may be too great.

Rambos is offline Registered User

What's the value... 2 and 3 to move up?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I doubt the Rams move down again at this point. We need to start actually selecting players. Not that I haven't been wrong in the past, but with three high first rounds, and the chance for the Rams to add the highest player on their board right now, I think we stick to it unless someone overpays.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    What's the value... 2 and 3 to move up?
    Get both Hill and Randle....lets go !

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As someone who prefers Hill, do you think the Rams' desire to find guys who can contribute from Day One is impacting their view of these wide receivers? Randle appears to be a guy who is better ready to contribute on Day One, especially as a starter. Going back a few weeks, the Ravens' director of college scouting said of Hill, "It would be a process of him picking up an NFL-style offense, learning how to read defenses. He doesn't have to do a lot of that there. He has to block or run vertical, a limited route tree."
    I can't imagine a good scenario where Hill starts any games in 2012. Maybe if it's like 2011 and everyone is injured but that's not a good scenario. He supposedly ran 9 routes in college. That's it. You can't do that in the NFL. Hill would be the better option for 2013 but people demanding a WR aren't thinking 2013. They are thinking game 1 of 2012 in most cases.
    Rambos, Nick and shower beers like this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The difference of course being that you will be hungry tomorrow, while we're still eating steak for some time.

A better analogy would be trying to cloth a naked man. You could give him a really fine pair of top notch Italian leather shoes; OR a shirt, jeans, drawers, socks, and sneakers from Wal-Mart.

Screw the kicks, get that naked dude some duds.
    Last edited by HUbison; -04-27-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Rambos, MauiRam, lostsoul and 1 others like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

Have any of you guys that love hill so much actually seen him play? For people that love him because of the combine, you really are missing all the downside. This guy is a huge boom or bust guy. He showed absolutely no improvement during his college career. His physical tools are spectacular and that has not changed, but his worth ethic is highly suspect. Known around atlanta to be lousy in terms of commitment and film study. You guys think that because he is big, fast and strong all of a sudden he is going to become a student of the game once he gets paid millions? People view brockers as a project, this guy is a crapshoot who is not ready to play consistently in the nfl and may or may not have it inside to make the commitment to get there. Randle is the far better choice. He played against FAR better college competition and is just so much safer as a contributor. I dont think the rams can take a guy at 33 that has a real chance at crapping out, even if he has tons of upside. Frankly, i would rather have janoris jenkins who at least has top 10 talent on the football field, which Hill absolutely has NOT shown, even against ACC competition. Some big plays? Sure. Wide open on bombs off play fakes, 70 yard tds on wide reciever screens when he stiff arms one corner and runs untouched to the end zone. Route running? Forget about it. Classic combine warrior, and that coming from a huge ga tech fan that saw all of his college games. No comparison at all to Thomas, who made countless plays on balls thrown in his general direction.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Buddy Nix said it would come down to Hill vs Quick for him at #33

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast