Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Ravens Insider: Rams already getting calls about pick #33 and Stephen Hill

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Ravens Insider: Rams already getting calls about pick #33 and Stephen Hill

I really like Rueben Randle and Alshon Jeffery man. They're both really intriguing.
    #39 Fan likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The difference of course being that you will be hungry tomorrow, while we're still eating steak for some time.

A better analogy would be trying to cloth a naked man. You could give him a really fine pair of top notch Italian leather shoes; OR a shirt, jeans, drawers, socks, and sneakers from Wal-Mart.

Screw the kicks, get that naked dude some duds.

Well point one is this

1. ..." clothed in a shirt, jeans, drawers, socks, and sneakers from Wal-Mart...."
    that's what we have been wearing for 8 years, and we look like that park of trailers where this guy lives ( no insult if some of you live there =P)

lets turn that around and say we have a naked man that we have an opportunity to clothe in fine italian shoes, a fine italian suit, shirt and tie- I'll take that.

Point two

if you settle for standard steak and beef jerky that sustains you, then that is where you will be tomorrow and the next decade.

By settling for the standard fare, you never treat yourself to the good life. By never experiencing the good life, you never figure out how to get there and sustain it.

Im telling you-- by taking quantity over quality, all we do is substitute a new face for the old. They may have a different name, but there are still just #57, 23, 44, etc.... and we are still eating at the Golden Coral Buffet.
    RockinRam likes this.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Pass- the stock piling of the lesser pick insanity has got to stop. We need to take the best players for the positions we need, and not settle for almost as good players. The buffet mentality of quanity over quality is going to hurt us.

We need quality players rather than many average players. Use these 3 picks to do SOMETHING that will impact the team.

I dont know about many of you out there, but I'd rather eat one really good USDA Prime, well aged steak, than eating an infinite number of USDA standard steaks. We went from pick 2 to 14 yesterday....... lets not repeat that.
    I don't see any dry aged NY Tip left, but I see a lot of nice Choice Ribeye. I wouldn't do it for Round, but when your team is starved of talent like the RAMs, FOUR Choice Ribeye's are not a bad thing.
    Semper Fi!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

if you settle for standard steak and beef jerky that sustains you, then that is where you will be tomorrow and the next decade.

By settling for the standard fare, you never treat yourself to the good life. By never experiencing the good life, you never figure out how to get there and sustain it.
    This is a great statement, and is actually a mindset that the most successful investors/entreprenuers of America have.

Stockpiling picks in the second round is great since we have a lot of holes, but at some point there is a diminishing return. At some point, the quantity will not hold up to the quality that we missed out on.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I am completely confused at this point. I had chicken nuggets for lunch. What does that mean for the Rams?!?!
    Rammed and molbio44 like this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I am completely confused at this point. I had chicken nuggets for lunch. What does that mean for the Rams?!?!
    Depends on your choice of dipping sauce.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

1. ..." clothed in a shirt, jeans, drawers, socks, and sneakers from Wal-Mart...."
    that's what we have been wearing for 8 years, and we look like that park of trailers where this guy lives ( no insult if some of you live there =P)

lets turn that around and say we have a naked man that we have an opportunity to clothe in fine italian shoes, a fine italian suit, shirt and tie- I'll take that.
    No, no, and NO!

15-65 in the past 5 seasons. That's buck arse naked!!! This team's got very little on the roster. They need multiple pieces, my man. Multiple pieces. One player, no matter how good they are, will NOT bring this team into contention. Several good players will.

You want all the fine clothes? That's going to take time and several drafts. Good thing we have all those draft picks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    This is a great statement, and is actually a mindset that the most successful investors/entreprenuers of America have.

Stockpiling picks in the second round is great since we have a lot of holes, but at some point there is a diminishing return. At some point, the quantity will not hold up to the quality that we missed out on.
    Nobody's arguing to trade for the entire 6th and 7th rounds. But surely you agree that having 3 picks in the top half of the 2nd round is a good thing.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RockinRam is offline Registered User

No, no, and NO!

15-65 in the past 5 seasons. That's buck arse naked!!! This team's got very little on the roster. They need multiple pieces, my man. Multiple pieces. One player, no matter how good they are, will NOT bring this team into contention. Several good players will.

You want all the fine clothes? That's going to take time and several drafts. Good thing we have all those draft picks.

We now have the ability to attain this unfortunate homeless man a bundle of solid, wearable clothes. The real problem however, is to pick clothes that will FIT the homeless man, and pick clothes that are made from good cotton material, and not cheap scraps that look like good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    We now have the ability to attain this unfortunate homeless man a bundle of solid, wearable clothes. The real problem however, is to pick clothes that will FIT the homeless man, and pick clothes that are made from good cotton material, and not cheap scraps that look like good quality.
    And fortunately, we have some very good tailors in Fisher and Snead.

Nobody's arguing to trade for the entire 6th and 7th rounds. But surely you agree that having 3 picks in the top half of the 2nd round is a good thing.
    im not disagreeing with the 3 picks today- I am disagreeing with trading those picks today for more, and thats the crux.

As far as the taloring industry and the Rams-- Yes, yes, and YES to mulitple fine italian ensembles and no, no, and NO to Big Box Shopwear for more, lower picks.

As far as the taloring industry and the Rams-- Yes, yes, and YES to mulitple fine italian ensembles and no, no, and NO to Big Box Shopwear for more, lower picks.
    You're missing the anaolgy, brother. I'll break it down for you.

Rams = naked dude
    #2 pick = fine Italian shoes
    #14, #39, #45, 2013 first, 2014 first = a full set of clothes

Get it? A naked dude needs a full set of clothes more than 1 pair of shoes.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

This thread is making me hungry.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

You're missing the anaolgy, brother. I'll break it down for you.

Rams = naked dude
    #2 pick = fine Italian shoes
    #14, #39, #45, 2013 first, 2014 first = a full set of clothes

Get it? A naked dude needs a full set of clothes more than 1 pair of shoes.
    maybe we are both missing it. Im talking primarily about our 33rd pick and not trading it for 2.x, not trading 39 for 2.x and not trading 45 for 2.x + 3.y. These picks we have in these slots need to be Rams picks, not some other teams picks so we can gather more, later round picks.

maybe we are both missing it. Im talking primarily about our 33rd pick and not trading it for 2.x, not trading 39 for 2.x and not trading 45 for 2.x + 3.y. These picks we have in these slots need to be Rams picks, not some other teams picks so we can gather more, later round picks.
    I don't see anyone arguing for a continual pyramid spiral until we have the entire day 3 to ourselves. But at the same time, I don't want the Rams to force their picks either.

Personally, I see players at 33, 39, and 45 that I want. But if the Fishead doesn't, why force it?

Example: Last night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast