keith m. klink Guest

RAVENS would need RAMS to trade up.

And that would be the total truth if the RAVENS feel they need to draft MATT RYAN . With the sudden retirement of McNAIR , the RAVENS are in a little situation with only BOLLER AND SMITH .

Will they feel that they now need the franchise QB that BOLLER never was .And now with what the RAMS HAVE PUT OUT THERE( DORSEY / MCFADDEN / LONG ? now the RAVENS have no other move if they want him .

if the RAMS take J. LONG then ATLANTA takes DORSEY . If it happens the RAMS take DORSEY , ATLANTA will take RYAN . simple !

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Re: RAVENS would need RAMS to trade up.

I would like the #8 pick and an extra 2nd rounder...if we could get that from the Ravens.

I think we could still get a solid DE, DT, or OT at #8 if the Ravens trade up to get Matt Ryan.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Or they need to trade with Atlanta for a little less, as they'd be the ones taking Ryan. I'd expect them to stay cool, take Ryan if he falls, if not, it's one less team they have to fight to get one of the second tier guys.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I think they'd trade with Atlanta. I'm starting to believe that the Rams will not trade because they want one of the fantastic 4. As far as they trade will be 4 or 5. Though an extra second would be nice.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Can you imagine if Atlanta swung a deal? 4 second round picks!

keith m. klink Guest

they are starting to get a little sickening with all those picks, what do they have ? like 5picks in the first 60 something players . I gotta go throw up ! FALCONATER is just smiling away . i wish we could move back in 2 or 3 to grab some extra picks , there are some talented players we can use in the later rounds if we had some extra stuff . WE LIKE EXTRA STUFF !

The Special One is offline Registered User

It's a huge risk trading outside the top 5, top 6 at most. In doing so we leave ourselves not being able to get one of the big 4, and even if we're getting extra picks, it's still not worth it IMO.

The lowest down that we can trade is No. 6 IMO...then again, even that's a stretch. I say we keep our #2. If we want to do deals using our 2nd, 3rd rounders etc., that would be better, because the #2 is just too valuable a pick to give away for the sake of an extra 2nd round pick.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    Can you imagine if Atlanta swung a deal? 4 second round picks!
    yes, I can imagine that smizzle........as a matter of fact, I give it a 1-in-4 chance of happening. Thomas Dimitroff, Falcons GM comes from Patriots - and Patriots love trading down........watch out for this possibility....

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    they are starting to get a little sickening with all those picks, what do they have ? like 5picks in the first 60 something players . I gotta go throw up ! FALCONATER is just smiling away . i wish we could move back in 2 or 3 to grab some extra picks , there are some talented players we can use in the later rounds if we had some extra stuff . WE LIKE EXTRA STUFF !
    yes, smiling like a Falcon(not sure how that is though).

Falcons have picks #3, #34, #37, #48, #68, #98, #104, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th

that my friend is four picks in top 48 and six picks in the top 104......If Falcons trade down from #3 - then they could pick up another pick in the top 50(could happen).

Unless Falcons pick Matt Ryan at #3, it should be a very, very fun draft for the Falcons........I just pray to God that if we DO take Matt Ryan that he is not the "second coming" of Joey Harrington - life is too short!

Should be fun - if we draft Ryan - what the hell......I will just have to hope he pans out.......I think when its all said/done the Dolphins will take either Chris or Jake and Rams(you guys) will take either Jake or Chris. Then, the Falcons will pounce on Dorsey........if neither Dorsey or Jake are available, Falcons will try and trade down - if they cannot - then they probably take Matt Ryan....

keith m. klink Guest

LEBULBER , no , i didn't mean our first pick at #2 . I'm sorry i should have been more clear , i've been doing that alot lately ( mad cow! ) . I was meaning if we could move just a little in rounds 2 or 3 , and still be able to target needed help and get a pick or few .

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by LeBulger View Post
    It's a huge risk trading outside the top 5, top 6 at most. In doing so we leave ourselves not being able to get one of the big 4, and even if we're getting extra picks, it's still not worth it IMO.

The lowest down that we can trade is No. 6 IMO...then again, even that's a stretch. I say we keep our #2. If we want to do deals using our 2nd, 3rd rounders etc., that would be better, because the #2 is just too valuable a pick to give away for the sake of an extra 2nd round pick.
    We shouldn't go below #4 (Oakland) period. If we can trade with the Falcons or Raiders and grab another pick .. fine! .. if not, we should stay at #2 overall .. In spite of where our Texas "duffer" predicts we'll draft in rd 1 next year, we probably won't crack the top 5 again in a decade - 2008 schedule notwithstanding ..

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    We shouldn't go below #4 (Oakland) period. If we can trade with the Falcons or Raiders and grab another pick .. fine! .. if not, we should stay at #2 overall .. In spite of where our Texas "duffer" predicts we'll draft in rd 1 next year, we probably won't crack the top 5 again in a decade - 2008 schedule notwithstanding ..
    MauiRam,

The Falcons won't trade up as they have many, many needs and would like even MORE picks(could trade down if Jake and Glen gone).....

The Raiders have very little draft picks - no 2nd round picks, no 3rd round picks and no 5th round picks - Oakland picks #4, #104, #169, #213, #226 - so, the Raiders don't have the picks to give.

Your "only shot" to trade down and still have a "shot" at a player that you want would be the Chiefs(targeting Jake Long at #2) or the Jets(targeting McFadden/Chris Long/Gholston).......I think if you dropped to #5 or #6 you would still be able to get one of the two in Gholtson or Chris Long......

anyway, forget the Falcons or Raiders.....it ain't happenin'

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    MauiRam,

The Falcons won't trade up as they have many, many needs and would like even MORE picks(could trade down if Jake and Glen gone).....
    That depends on how bad the Falcons want Dorsey, should Miami select J. Long. As far as the Raiders go - who knows for sure what Al Davis will do. If they wanted Mcfadden and had to bid against the Jets, anything could happen. The Raiders still have all their picks next year .. you're right that we could possibly go as low as KC, providing we were sure that the Falcons and Raiders would pass on one of the two remaining big 4 players. If Miami grabbed C. Long, and we traded with KC so they could have J. Long, we would want to be sure that one of either Dorsey or Gholston would be there at #5 overall. My preference is that we simply keep the pick .. I think we will too ..

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Agreed Maui. As wonderful as more picks are, it's more important to get a player we want. Besides, the last time we traded down in the first round we wasted the gained pick with Byrd who never grew up. Take whichever Long is left and be happy at #2.