Rambos is offline Registered User

RB Dominic Rhodes Cut

The Buffalo Bills have begun the process of trimming their roster to 53 men by releasing RB Dominic Rhodes. The report comes courtesy of Alex Marvez at FoxSports.com.

Rhodes, the former Colt, was signed in March as veteran insurance after RB Marshawn Lynch received a three-game suspension for detrimental conduct. Rhodes gets his walking papers even though the Bills' depth behind Lynch's fill-in, Fred Jackson, is highly inexperienced. It should also be noted that Jackson is currently dealing with a wrist injury
    Does he fit?

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Re: RB Dominic Rhodes Cut

Certainly a better player than we currently have behind Jackson. I'm really surprised that they gave him his walking papers. I figured that he was safe for sure. If we were giving a look at Ahman Green, I have to imagine we'd take a look at Rhodes.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Surprising to me. Although I haven't really watched him since his Colts days. If he's still at the same level he easily beats whatever else we have behind Jackson. I think we need to take a look at him for sure, unless he's much worse now than he was then.

viper is offline Registered User

I agree. If he is still as good as he was with the Colts I 'd pick him up in a heartbeat. He used to hit the holes fast with great change of direction skills. He was a very elusive running back.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Hasn't looked bad, and I thought he was a sure thing on the roster, but we've seen crazier things. If we don't take a look at him, this will be a big mistake.

Also take a look at these guys fellas, see anyone that may fill one of our many needs?

DT Dan Klecko
    RB Lorenzo Booker
    RB Dominic Rhodes
    WR D.J. Hackett
    WR David Tyree
    Last edited by ManofGod; -09-05-2009 at 09:42 PM.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Hasn't looked bad, and I thought he was a sure thing on the roster, but we've seen crazier things. If we don't take a look at him, this will be a big mistake.

Also take a look at these guys fellas, see anyone that may fill one of our many needs?

DT Dan Klecko
    RB Lorenzo Booker
    RB Dominic Rhodes
    WR D.J. Hackett
    WR David Tyree
    David Tyree is a really good special teams player but wouldn't help at all with his receiving skills. Marvin Harrison and Chris McCallister are still available and those 2 might still have a couple of good years left in them. I would at least like to see a good veteran corner added to the roster because I am not comfortable at all with the corners on the team that aren't Ron Bartell right now.

I also thought that Darby looked good at the end of last year when he wasn't getting tackled by refs and i think he can be an effective 2nd string back in the league. I would still prefer him playing over Gado behind Jackson regardless of what a few preseason games have shown.