Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: RB Options, by Round

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Derrick Locke's late season and post-season performance will get this man drafted alot higher than people think.....He could be late second early 3rd with a solid combine.
    His biggest drawback is that he is a small-ish back (5'8, 186).

Of course, we all know that "speed sells" in the draft, and I expect that he'll run in the 4.3 range, which could elevate his status.

Quote Originally Posted by BM_Face View Post
    TBH, from the thread title I was expecting a lot more names. Not everyone wants to start a whole new thread to suggest a name or two.

Helu>Buckram
    I think you missed the point here. I wasn't trying to come up with a comprehensive list of the available RBs in the draft. Rather, my intent was to list players who I think would fit well as SJ's backup/understudy/change-of-pace guy.

If there are others who people like, by all means list them here so we can discuss.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    His biggest drawback is that he is a small-ish back (5'8, 186).

Of course, we all know that "speed sells" in the draft, and I expect that he'll run in the 4.3 range, which could elevate his status.
    Yeah, I think we will bypass Rodgers after the combine and be the 3rd down guy everyone will like

One player not on my list who I would keep an eye on is Charles Clay of Tulsa. He projects as a FB/H-Back on most draft sites, but has played tailback as well. In four years he had 176 receptions for 28 TDs, mostly coming out of the backfield.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Derrick Locke's late season and post-season performance will get this man drafted alot higher than people think.....He could be late second early 3rd with a solid combine.
    Yeah, I liked what I saw of Locke during the Senior Bowl practices/game. I still kind of like him in that fourth or fifth round area, but if he keeps impressing, he could sneak into Day Two.

One player not on my list who I would keep an eye on is Charles Clay of Tulsa. He projects as a FB/H-Back on most draft sites, but has played tailback as well. In four years he had 176 receptions for 28 TDs, mostly coming out of the backfield.
    Clay has some pretty solid hands, but the problem is whether or not a 6'3" 240 HB/FB 'tweener really adds the missing element to this backfield of a complimentary runner who is a threat to go the distance when he touches the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Clay has some pretty solid hands, but the problem is whether or not a 6'3" 240 HB/FB 'tweener really adds the missing element to this backfield of a complimentary runner who is a threat to go the distance when he touches the ball.
    I agree. I was thinking of Clay as more of a late round (6-7) guy who might be useful in addition to a change-of-pace RB.

gummysoul is offline Registered User

Maybe there's room for another Bradford in the backfield? Allen Bradford of USC is one of those guys who I think will have a better career in the NFL than in college. He's had some issues holding onto the ball, but his talent is undeniable. He's not a speed back, but he looks like he's got db speed and at 230 lbs, he's hard to take down. Kinda reminds me a little bit of Lagarrette Blount. I could see him being available in the later rounds.

Bald_81 is online now Registered User

Doesn't wow me. He's a solid back, but he is not a burner, nor is he a "big back." If I were to rank him, it would be in the Round 5-7 range.
    That is precisely the problem I have with him (Vereen). He's a smallish-type RB but is very solidly built, but doesn't have breakaway speed and bounces it outside more than I'd like to see. The one area he does excel though is receiving and is one of the best in this class.

I agree 100% on your thoughts towards Ryan Williams. If he is on the board in the second round and we pass on him, I'll be very disappointed. If he had stayed healthy and had a similar season like he had as a freshman, we wouldn't even talk about him falling to us let alone slipping into the second round. He's also only 21 and has very low mileage on him (minimal carries, unlike other RBs like Todman), plus the last time we took a RB who wore #34 in college it worked out pretty darn well didn't it?
    Last edited by Bald_81; -02-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

He is returning to Oregon. If he had declared, he would absolutely be on this list.
    Damn i had a feeling because i havent heard anything about him at all.Well that sucks lol

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Love the lot in the 3rd there, I'd consider all of them (plus Kendall Hunter OSU)

Gimme Murray if there in the 3rd for the walkoff grand slam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12