Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RB Position

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: RB Position

Locke and Marion Barber would be really great! Barber still runs like his hair is on fire, and Locke has the speed to turn the corner and tire out defenses. Probably too much to hope for though. We probably have a better shot at Locke, as Barber and Jacobs will likely want to be starters and paid accordingly ..

thoey is online now Registered User

But... The Big Boy will tell you himself, while not getting dinged would extend his career, he needs his carries to be at his best. He wants the rock and gets better the more times he carries it later in games.
    This space for rent...

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

If Jax says he's fine, then so be it. I just hope he can still make 100+ yard games consistently as well as improving his YPC. McDaniels said earlier that Kenneth Darby fits well into his system (with blocking and 3rd down runs). Some of you seem to lack faith in him but remember those 3-TDs he made? If he didn't make 2 of those, we would've been 5-11 or even 4-12 this season. And to do so with lack of maulers at guard? I see him quite serviceable once we improve our guards.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I like Hightower for a insurance policy at a cheap price. Hightower & Darby as third down backs that can turn the corner and catch out of the backfield.
    If the Rams become a pass first ofence hopefully the running game will pick up because defences can't put eight in the box.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Love Jax, but you can't let what a player tells you affect your decisions about this kind of stuff.

We need a backup, and a third down guy. Sounds like we will keep Toston, so it likely we will bring 3 more to training camp.

We will probably make 2 of them undrafted FA's.

Tony Softli says that the rams are interested in Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, and Clinton Portis (surprisingly) as the 3rd.

This, in my mind seems more likely to happen than anything else, and seems more in line with the coaching staff we have gotten to know over the pass few seasons.

svh01 is offline Registered User

Brown & Portis will want to be a starters somewhere. Don't like Cadi. I don't trust his knees and he's lost a step or 3. He is a good at picking up blitzes and be effective on 3rd down. Jacobs would be a nice pick up.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

^ I agree 100%, but this is who we are said to have our eyes on.

I hate Portis and Williams.

I also don't see what Brown gives us other than a little less wear on Jackson and a backup. Brown was not good at all last year.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

You guys are way to high on sj. I'm sorry but he doesn't consistantly hit the whole. - don't wanna here about non blocking cuz I see other rbs running thru their offensive guards and centers to get positive yards. I do like sj BUT he dances too much that's why he gets 1200+ yds every yeear and 5tds..... Instead of 10+tds! There is no excuse for a 250lb back to get stuffed at the goall line becuase he thinks he is 160lbs in high school and thinks he can juke someone behind the line of scrimmage instead of TRYING to run someone over for 3yds and a TD. I love him when he hits the whole hard like he did consistantly (after we picked up stephen davis) in 06. I believe davis tuaght him something or he felt threatened. So I'd like to pickup ANYONE who would just run straight on 3rd a,d 2! And if u don't believe me compare 06 film to any other sj film throughout the full season. The eye in the sky don't lie!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12