Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    After reading several post I notice alot of fans had post negative comments regarding the Rams draft.

    I would be lying if I said I was happy with all the picks. I want Landry or at least another Safety because I feel the Rams need to upgrade this position. Regardless of what I want or think the Rams need I am only a fan.

    Therefore, I have no experience or the ability to judge NFL talent. Sure I enjoy watching college ball and I read all the information I can on players prior to the draft. BUT this does not make me an expert it just makes me somewhat an educated fool. I just know enough to get myself into trouble yet I realize I can only guess what LIneham and Haslette plans are for next season.

    For example, with the offseason pickup of a TE, big WR, and the drafting of a FB I believe Lineham is trying develop a more potent red zone offense.

    Would I have preferred a Safety or a DL in the 2nd round the answer is YES
    So does this mean the Rams draft was a bust? No, it's not about what I want it's what works best in Lineham system and we all know he likes to use FB......

    So please fans do not pretend you know all the details to the Rams organization and you may want to wait before you judge this draft.

    Do NOT PRETEND YOU KNOW MORE THAN THE ORGANIZATION I TRUST THEY HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB.....


  2. #2
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,854
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    good post hopefully your wrong

  3. #3
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Do NOT PRETEND YOU KNOW MORE THAN THE ORGANIZATION I TRUST THEY HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB.....
    Seeing that NFL personnel directors make mistakes year in and year out, I'm not sure on what grounds you can justify saying we shouldn't have negative opinions. We may not know as much and as long as we don't pretend to, then I don't see what's wrong with having our own point of view. What's next, "Let's not have elections...just have faith our leaders are doing a good job because they know more"? When you put it in that context, I hope you see how silly this position is to hold.

  4. #4
    smizzhfx's Avatar
    smizzhfx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, nova scotia, Canada
    Posts
    722
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Judging by the Ram's recent failures in the draft, I think just about any fan out there is in a postion to be critical and question the motives of our coaches and personnel. However, there are no mulligans and the picks have been made so we have to trust Linehan & Co. and put all our eggs in their basket. At this point, all we can do is wait until the beginning of the season.

  5. #5
    YOYO's Avatar
    YOYO is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    I argree with you that the draft will be judged by what happens in the season but we all have the right to state our opinion. Maybe some of us are angry that the players we wanted didn't get selected-so we get upset -thats are RIGHT.

  6. #6
    RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    I really don't think the negative opinions are to be seen as a problem. We're all Rams fans here, and I for one know that even though I was not very happy with this draft the moment these players start to shine I'll come around and call the draft great I don't think any of us has any vested interest in the Rams failing in the draft, but we can't help how we feel, right now I feel the entire draft was a C or maybe C+ (I was especially unhappy about 2nd and 3rd round), but maybe I'm wrong and it's one of our best drafts in years, that would be awesome.

  7. #7
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,713
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    i think just due to the attitude of the players we have picked the draft is a B, possibly even higher when it gets down to it. I would be over the moon if one of our late round DTs became a force in the middle of the line

  8. #8
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    I have no problems with opinions. Here comes the BUT

    Some of the posters suggest they know more and that the Rams should have selected this player and/or because they did not it was a bad draft.

    If the poster would present it in a manner that I wish they would have or IMHO they should have I would have much more respect.

    I read several post that the fan thought way too much of himself and rated the Rams draft on his reaction to the different path the Rams took.

    This is wrong and an emotional response.

    When you judge it I do believe it's more than an opinion?

    I had different wants for the Rams in the draft. But.... I also can look at the whole collection of players the Rams drafted and see that they had a plan and selected the players they thought would best fit our system.

    Opinions are fine but making judgemental statements should be reserved for the appropriate people or wait until this class stats can be reviewed.

    Go Rams

  9. #9
    z.nrd Guest

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    I have no problems with opinions. Here comes the BUT

    Some of the posters suggest they know more and that the Rams should have selected this player and/or because they did not it was a bad draft.

    If the poster would present it in a manner that I wish they would have or IMHO they should have I would have much more respect.

    I read several post that the fan thought way too much of himself and rated the Rams draft on his reaction to the different path the Rams took.

    This is wrong and an emotional response.

    When you judge it I do believe it's more than an opinion?

    I had different wants for the Rams in the draft. But.... I also can look at the whole collection of players the Rams drafted and see that they had a plan and selected the players they thought would best fit our system.

    Opinions are fine but making judgemental statements should be reserved for the appropriate people or wait until this class stats can be reviewed.

    Go Rams
    People can make all the judgement statements they want. Some will be right. Those of us who immediately thought Canidate was a bad pick at #1 were right, for example.

    I mean, if you don't like a movie, do you accept the argument that you can't make judgements cause you don't know as much about film as the director?

    And of course some of the people making judgemental statements will turn out to be wrong. More credit to them if they eventually admit it.

  10. #10
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Seeing that NFL personnel directors make mistakes year in and year out, I'm not sure on what grounds you can justify saying we shouldn't have negative opinions. We may not know as much and as long as we don't pretend to, then I don't see what's wrong with having our own point of view. What's next, "Let's not have elections...just have faith our leaders are doing a good job because they know more"? When you put it in that context, I hope you see how silly this position is to hold.
    Mistakes?

    So I guess the draft is an exact science so the Rams had all the infromation but must have subtracted when they should have added.

    Darn it can the Rams hire some rocket scientist so we can have a productive draft(Now thats silly). I'm tired of them flopping on drafting a productive DL.....

    What I trying to say is yes you can have an opinion but back it up and do not act like you know more than the experts and I am fine with that....

    If Hilliary wins we just may see that day very soon.......

    Go Rams
    Last edited by CRAZYHORNS; -04-30-2007 at 08:23 AM.

  11. #11
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post
    People can make all the judgement statements they want. Some will be right. Those of us who immediately thought Canidate was a bad pick at #1 were right, for example.

    I mean, if you don't like a movie, do you accept the argument that you can't make judgements cause you don't know as much about film as the director?

    And of course some of the people making judgemental statements will turn out to be wrong. More credit to them if they eventually admit it.
    I'm not sure if your example is the best way to describe the point I was trying to make. I think IMHO a better example would be:

    I hate the actor
    So I decide the movie will suck just because of that
    The movie maybe consider the best in the world but I will never know cause I refuse to see it due to lead actor.

    Canidate is another debatable subject...

    He had the physical tools and displayed it at times when filling in for Faulk. What hurt Canidate was his work ethics and consistancy. So my question is did you not like this pick because of his work ethics. If so then you got it right. However, if you did not like this pick because of his talent or did not feel the Rams needed a RB then you got it wrong.....

    For example, some people passed on Rogers DL due to work ethics and he's been a very good D-lineman in this league so did the Rams get it wrong by not drafting him???????

  12. #12
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Mistakes?

    So I guess the draft is an exact science so the Rams had all the infromation but must have subtracted when they should have added.
    I must have missed the part where I said that. I was questioning your assumption that because these guys "know more" than us that we have no right to criticize them. That's plain hogwash, even if I'm as far from a draft expert as someone can get. Heck, I'd go so far as to say that its a main thing that fans do - question experts.

    What I trying to say is yes you can have an opinion but back it up and do not act like you know more than the experts and I am fine with that....
    Then say that people shouldn't pretend to be experts when they are not, don't say that people shouldn't question the draft. Two different breeds of complaint, these are.


    If Hilliary wins we just may see that day very soon.......
    Hillary is the one who would cancel elections? Heh, thanks for my chuckle of the day.

  13. #13
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    However, if you did not like this pick because of his talent or did not feel the Rams needed a RB then you got it wrong.....
    Now, how is this not doing exactly what you're accusing someone else of doing? I think there is a very good argument to be made that the Rams not only didn't really need another RB, they certainly didn't need one in the first round. Yet here you are acting like the expert and suggesting that this argument doesn't hold water?

    Pot. Meet Kettle.

  14. #14
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,584
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Judging by the Ram's recent failures in the draft, I think just about any fan out there is in a postion to be critical and question the motives of our coaches and personnel.
    To be fair, Linehan's "recent failures in the draft" would have to be limited to 2006....his only previous draft with the Rams. And with only 2006 to work with, I'd say he did pretty well. Two starters in the first two picks. A first round gamble (who by recent reports is looking good) with a third round pick. Two rookie starters on day two.

    If you ask me, Linehan's recent history would suggest a reasonable request for faith from the fans.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  15. #15
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,605
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    keep in mind that results arent the only way to judge a pick. Judging on results only is 20-20 hindsight.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Catch Draft
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -03-20-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. NFL Draft Countdown's Nov. 11 Mock Draft
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-15-2005, 07:36 PM
  3. Barry Waller - Draft review part 1
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -04-03-2005, 12:07 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-30-2005, 01:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •