Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Well, disagreeing with someone's reasoning is different than saying they shouldn't reason at all. You basically said people shouldn't have any reasoning in the initial post here and failed to question anyone's specific logic other than to say, "You don't get an opinion because you're not in the NFL."
    It seems your putting alot of assumptions in my words. In fact, at this time I'm not really sure the point your trying to make.

    For example,

    An opinion is: I think Bush is a better Running Back and he would have fit the Rams system better.

    Judgment,

    Bush is better than Leonard and this draft was a bust because the Rams should have drafted Crowder instead.

    I give the Rams a D- on draft day.

    Maybe I have not been clear this is what seems to be more profound to me. Those types of post do not seem like opinions but more like someone who thinks they know more.

    This is my "opinion" can I not have one?


  2. #32
    z.nrd Guest

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    But even from the "experts" they are STILL opinions.

    Guys make judgements on NFL drafts. It's just natural law. Best not to fight it.

    Besides, often those who DO fight it are just making an indirect argument for "believing in the team" and "backing the team" and "trusting the team." It can be used, in other words, as just a form of cheerleading.

    Having said that, it's perfectly valid for someone to chime in and offer THEIR judgement by saying "I believe in the team, I trust the team."

    Even though in the end THAT is just an opinion too.

  3. #33
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Oh, so having "more knowledge" only applies when its a rookie as opposed to a veteran? Talk about an abitrary distinction. The real difference is that one is an opinion you have and the other is an opinion with which you disagree.

    It does when your trying to project how a player will play in the NFL. If one has played for a few years his body of work is easily accessable. If you draft a rookie all you have is his college experience. Many stars in college have not shine ie... R. Leaf. B. Bosworth, and so on. Also, in the NFL some average college players have gone way past expectations ie..... T. Davis, W. Parker, and T. Brady just to name a few.....



    If the grades were in any shape or form meaningful, then the answer would be yes. This is just a bunch of fans sitting around talking about a team. No NFL executive is going to lose his job based on what we think. So the answer is obviously, no.

    If not meaniful then why have them? Why not talk about how this new rookie group will help the team or maybe you can say I thought Bush or blah blah would have been a better choice at RB?

  4. #34
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    You can't judge a draft until three years later.
    Sure you can. We've spent the better part of this week just doing that. You can't judge it as accurately now as you can in three years, but isn't that pretty much true of everything in life? In fact, its true to the point that its circular reasoning.

  5. #35
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    It seems your putting alot of assumptions in my words. In fact, at this time I'm not really sure the point your trying to make.
    That's been obvious for some time.


    An opinion is: I think Bush is a better Running Back and he would have fit the Rams system better.

    (A) Judgment (is): Bush is better than Leonard and this draft was a bust because the Rams should have drafted Crowder instead.

    I give the Rams a D- on draft day.
    Uh, these are both opinions. They are both judgments. Both of them take facts available to everyone that then get interpreted by people. The only difference is that one opinion is stated more strongly than the other. Are you really going to argue that we should only have bland opinions? How...vanilla.

    Maybe I have not been clear this is what seems to be more profound to me. Those types of post do not seem like opinions but more like someone who thinks they know more.
    If you take what you can an opinion, you're still acting like you know more than the 32 NFL teams that passed on Bush for three rounds. You're really splitting hairs.

    This is my "opinion" can I not have one?
    I don't believe I said you weren't entitled to your opinion, only that I thought it was misguided. You don't have to change your mind just because I think you're wrong. Conversely, I don't see why I shouldn't point out the ambiguities and inconsistencies in your opinion when I disagree with it.

  6. #36
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    If not meaniful then why have them? Why not talk about how this new rookie group will help the team or maybe you can say I thought Bush or blah blah would have been a better choice at RB?
    For the same reason we watch sports when they don't have any meaningful impact on the world ... its fun.

  7. #37
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Negative comments regarding the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    That's been obvious for some time.

    With all due respect I do not know what are you trying to accomplish with this debate. People assumed I was trying to say we fans should not have opinions on the draft. This was not my intentions at all. Once this was settle I thought the debate would have ended? It has not so now we are debating wheater you can judge a draft now versus later.

    Chiguy I agree you can make a judgement anytime you want. In respects to the NFL the sooner you make it the more probability you will get it wrong. So I say when it comes to evaulating and making a judgement on this draft it would be best to wait a least a couple of years.


    Uh, these are both opinions. They are both judgments. Both of them take facts available to everyone that then get interpreted by people. The only difference is that one opinion is stated more strongly than the other. Are you really going to argue that we should only have bland opinions? How...vanilla.

    So your that type of guy? (Just assuming LOL)

    Pass the damn salt?

    or are you the guy who says pass the salt "please"?


    If you take what you can an opinion, you're still acting like you know more than the 32 NFL teams that passed on Bush for three rounds. You're really splitting hairs.

    Scratching top of head........


    I don't believe I said you weren't entitled to your opinion, only that I thought it was misguided. You don't have to change your mind just because I think you're wrong. Conversely, I don't see why I shouldn't point out the ambiguities and inconsistencies in your opinion when I disagree with it.
    In my life my opinions are often misguided...... I'm not changing my mind. You made some good points and I believe my orginal post message was not clear enough it was too vague....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Catch Draft
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -03-20-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. NFL Draft Countdown's Nov. 11 Mock Draft
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-15-2005, 07:36 PM
  3. Barry Waller - Draft review part 1
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -04-03-2005, 12:07 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-30-2005, 01:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •