Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 Guest

Reallly good mock right here

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...=560123#560123

"Some Dude's Mock"

The Jets trade their 4th overall to the Rams for their 11th overall and their 2nd Round Pick.

The Browns trade their 12th overall to the Vikings for their 17th overall and their first 2nd round pick.

Texans – Reggie Bush, Running Back, USC - Simply the best player in the draft, can't pass up on him.

Saints – D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Offensive Tackle, Virginia - Amazing blocker to be the key to a team looking to rebuild.

Titans – Matt Leinart, Quarterback, USC - McNair can still play, but right now is the best time to bring in the next QB of the future.

Rams (From Jets) – Mario Williams, Defensive End, NC State - Rams trade up to get a defensive force in Mario Williams.

Packers – AJ Hawk, Linebacker, Ohio State - Hawk is amazing! He'll be the Packer's best Defensive player with in the next few seasons.

***** – Vernon Davis, Tight End, Maryland - Davis is an amazing athlete... something that the ***** need.

Raiders – Michael Huff, Defensive Back, Texas - Lost their chance on Hawk, Davis, and Williams. Now you get arguably the next best thing in Michael Huff.

Bills – Winston Justice, Offensive Tackle, USC - Not the best player to be going in the top 10, but will still be effective for Buffalo.

Lions – Jimmy Williams, Defensive Back, Virginia Tech - They probably rather have Huff, but Williams might be the next best Defensive back.

Cardinals – Jay Cutler, Quarterback, Vanderbilt - Vince Young is a possible selection, but I think Jay Cutler fits better into Arizona's Offense. Warner has signed a new a deal, so this gives time for Cutler to get use to the offense.

Jets (From Rams) – Haloti Ngata, Defensive Tackle, Oregon - The Jets trade down and still end up with a defensive monster like this. He's huge, but he is still fairly quick for his size.

Vikings (From Browns) – Vince Young, Quarterback, Texas - If Minnesota wants a first round Quarterback, they might have to trade up. Since Ngata is gone, Cleveland might be looking to trade down.

Ravens – Tye Hill, Cornerback, Clemson - Is a great all around player, just lacks size.

Eagles – Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State - Is strong and is fairly quick. Could be a great fit for their defense.

Broncos – Chad Jackson, Wide Receiver, Florida - It seems that Chad Jackson could be a number one receiver in the NFL. Could do great things up in Mile High.

Dolphins – Manny Lawson, DE/LB, NC State - Lawson is a defensive freak! He will do great things for the Dolphins if this is Miami's selection.

Browns (From Vikings) – Bobby Carpenter, Linebacker, Ohio State - Bobby Carpenter is a great all around player. He's talented, smart, and just loves the game.

Cowboys – Ko Simpson, Safety, South Carolina - Simpson might become one of the best Free Safeties in the league in seasons to come.

Chargers – Jonathon Scott, Offensive Tackle, Texas - Donte Whitner is a possible selection, but I think Offensive Tackle is a bigger need. Still, they could go with Whitner since he's such a good player.

Chiefs – Antonio Cromartie, Cornerback, Florida State - He has been injured, but he can still play.

Patriots – DeAngelo Williams, Running Back, Memphis - Linebacker and Cornerback is probably a bigger need, but Williams is an explosive runner... something that New England could use on their team.

Broncos – Mathias Kiwanuka, Defensive End, Boston College - Kiwanuka's stock has fallen, but he can still rush the passer.

Buccaneers – Marcus McNeill, Offensive Tackle, Auburn - Cadillac ran well last season with not a very good Offensive Line. He should run even more with McNeill in that Offensive Line.

Bengals – Chad Greenway, Linebacker, Iowa - Greenway's stock has fallen, so he could end up going to the Bengals who could use a Linebacker like him.

Giants – Gabe Watson, Defensive Tackle, Michigan - Watson has the potential to be one of the best Defensive Tackles in the league, he sometimes just doesn't try hard.

Bears – Leonard Pope, Tight End, Georgia - If the Bears can get a good Offense going, they could be in the Super Bowl in a matter of no time.

Panthers – Lendale White, Running Back, USC - With Davis gone, they could use another Running Back. White was overshadowed by Reggie most of his career, but he was the one who shined for USC during the Championship game.

Jaguars – Tamba Hali, Defensive End, Penn State - Tamba Hali is another player whos stock has fallen, therefore, Hali could end up wearing a Jaguars uniform next season.

Jets – Nick Mangold, Center, Ohio State - WIth Kevin Mawaee gone, they are in need for a new, talented Center.

Colts – Laurence Maroney, Running Back, Minnesota - James is gone, but they could still end up getting Maroney, who is a great Running Back.

Seahawks – Donte Whitner, Safety, Ohio State - Safety might be the biggest need, but Whitner is a very talented player... it might be too hard to pass up on him.

Steelers – Santonio Holmes, Wide Receiver, Ohio State - This is arguably a steal. Some people think that Holmes is a mid-first round talent, so getting him at this position is a steal in some people's views.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Reallly good mock right here

Someone clearly didn't look at the trade value chart when projecting that Jets/Rams trade.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

I know but would you take Mario if he fell into our lap?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, trading up doesn't really qualify as him falling into our lap. But if he were available at 11th, I'd hope the Rams sprinted to the podium to make the announcement.

That said, if we traded up to fourth and both Super Mario and Hawk were available, I think that'd be a tough choice.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I know but would you take Mario if he fell into our lap?
    Our 1st and 2nd rounders would get us to the 6th, maybe the 5th pick. So, if the Jets are willing to give us the 4th, then I'd take it. However, with both Mario and Hawk on the board, I think I'm taking Hawk.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DaRamsBaby Guest

i agree i would take hawk if i was in that situation...

RamJackson39 Guest

I'm definately taking Hawk over Super Mario. I would rate them about the same in talent, but LB is a bigger need than DE.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Now I wouldn't make such a big deal about draft value because it's hardly set in stone and different teams use different charts for it, but I don't see the Jets' incentive to trade down that far and even without consulting a chart that trade sounds unreasonable. There's no guarantee the player they want will be there at #11, and there's all kinds of value at #4. As you may recall, the Jets just traded their best DE.

Mario vs. Hawk is a tough call, but I'd probably take Hawk.

realchamp11 Guest

I'D TAKE HAWK AT 4th

:1:

chiguy is online now Registered User

If the Jets offered us that trade, I wonder if we could accept it with a straight face because we'd really be screwing them.

The choice of Williams and Hawk is tough. It's probably easier to find a good LB in the third round than it is to find a pass rusher of Williams' ilk and it's not like Hargrove has been terrorizing people.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    Now I wouldn't make such a big deal about draft value because it's hardly set in stone and different teams use different charts for it, but I don't see the Jets' incentive to trade down that far and even without consulting a chart that trade sounds unreasonable. There's no guarantee the player they want will be there at #11, and there's all kinds of value at #4. As you may recall, the Jets just traded their best DE.

Mario vs. Hawk is a tough call, but I'd probably take Hawk.
    Definately. Charts mean nothing. If a team thinks its a good trade they'll do it. Why should a chart matter.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

16, as you are brand new to the realm of the draft I'll enlighten you somewhat on the "chart".

Jimmy Johnson developed a draft chart during his tenure at Dallas that gave a numeric value to every pick in the draft. This numeric value chart has come to be the equivalent of the Periodic Table for the NFL. The chart is used by virtually everyone in the draft day war rooms.

Now, if you come back and still say that this chart is nothing your value of input will be equivalent to the first pick of the 8th round.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I wouldn't make such a big deal about draft value because it's hardly set in stone and different teams use different charts for it
    Really???

I ask because I've only seen one chart, and I'm pretty sure they're handled like the Bible in every war room.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I was just going off what I've read. From what I gather, one NFL team supplied their version of the chart to NFL.com last year, and it has been widely circulated.

For example, from Redzone.org:

"NFL Draft Value Chart

It is now common practice for NFL teams to follow a 'draft value chart,' which assigns numeric values to every draft pick from No. 1 to the final pick in the seventh round, No. 262. The idea of the chart is to create a standard for assessing fair value for trades. Each team creates their own draft value chart based upon their assessment of the draft and strength of the players at each position.

The chart only works with trades involving draft picks traded for picks. When players are involved, it changes everything."

NFLdraftblitz acknowledges that its chart did not come from an NFL team. In Brandt's article on NFL.com, he acknowledges that he is using a chart one team supplied them with rather than talking about a universal one. My impression was that Jimmy Johnson came up with the idea of the chart, but each team has their own version and modifies it year to year based on depth. Shallow talent pool means the top picks are worth more; deep pool like this year means they're probably worth less. I think the NFL.com copy just got circulated around because it gives people a better frame of reference for discussion than if they were making their own up.

This is from the Brandt article: "Now, different teams have different rating systems, but let's evaluate the trade based on the following chart, which is one NFL team's value chart, obtained by NFL.com"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast