Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Reallly good mock right here

Each team has a chart, that's probably true. However, to say a chart doesn't mean much....then why does every team have one? Not saying you per se GF, but there seems to be a chart in every war room right?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    This is from the Brandt article: "Now, different teams have different rating systems, but let's evaluate the trade based on the following chart, which is one NFL team's value chart, obtained by NFL.com"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687
    I would be extremely surprised if any of the homegrown charts are significantly different, even materially different. In practice, there is probably a universal de facto value chart when comparing each team's chart.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

two years ago didnt a team move up one pick in the first round(I believe 9th to 8th) by trading a 2nd... bet the trade charts didn't agree with that

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm not saying it isn't a useful tool; I just wouldn't say that a trade definitely isn't happening because the point values are off from the chart I'm looking at. The chart's probably a good place to start talking, but it won't necessarily be where the deal ends up.

In this case, the chart says we need to get to 1800, and the picks named would get us to 1690. In the nfl.com article I linked, the Eli/Rivers trade was estimated to be off by about 300 points (although I guess future picks are valued less). The Bears/Jets trade is off by 80, and he says "That's about as close to even as can be." So to say 110 is beyond consideration seems to be putting a little too much faith in a specific number rather than looking at whether the circumstances are favorable to such a trade. I'd argue they aren't based not on the chart but on what the Jets are likely to want to do.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

So to say 110 is beyond consideration seems to be putting a little too much faith in a specific number rather than looking at whether the circumstances are favorable to such a trade.
    I don't think anyone is saying it is beyond consideration, but it certainly is beyond probability.

But if the Jets are willing to do it, I'd jump on it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12