txramsfan is offline Registered User

Reasons why tx hates the draft

1. Because no one really knows how these "kids" are going to turn out (Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning? HA) but teams have to shell out more money than the GNP of most 3rd world countries.

2. Fans like ME get on websites like this and KNOW they are right about these players. Yea, most of us are about as accurate as a crosseyed man with a 12 gauge.

3. Teams will draft thinking that's what they "need" at the top of the draft. Right, that's why you are at the top of the draft. You need everything almost if you are drafting in the top 5 so don't necessarily think ONE player is going to turn around a 2-14 catastrophe.

4. For me only, I can't think of much more boring than who the frickin Buffalo Bills are going to take in the fifth round using their supplemental pick. Rather be at the dentist without novacaine needing my wisdom teeth removed.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Reasons why tx hates the draft

Tx, I gotta be honest, idk about that last one, dude

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

shower beers is offline Registered User

I think a lot of the fun of the draft is not knowing how a player is going to turn out. Another part is seeing the players rise/fall based on everyone's "knowledge". It gives some much needed excitement to the off season, and you get to watch your team build the cornerstone for their future!
    Last edited by shower beers; -01-25-2009 at 11:34 PM.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    ...Yea, most of us are about as accurate as a crosseyed man with a 12 gauge.
    Haha Good one.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

1. Because no one really knows how these "kids" are going to turn out (Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning? HA) but teams have to shell out more money than the GNP of most 3rd world countries.
    Bingo!! That's why I'm in favor of BPA in the top ten in the first round. (Don't ask me who it is either, cause I know I don't know). Even the GMs and coaches screw up consistently. If we're gonna sign a guy for 50 mil, he better be good. In our case like you said, we are drafting high because we've got plenty of needs (translation: STINK) -- thereforeso BPA shouldn't be a problem.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Man the Draft is my second favorite day of the year. It's like being a little kid and opening up presents on Christmas morning. The Draft makes or breaks your franchise. Sure on Draft Day you don't know how your players are going to turn out, but its fun speculating nonetheless.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

.... And you're yet to use the words "crap" or "shoot".

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

1. Because no one really knows how these "kids" are going to turn out (ryan leaf over peyton manning? Ha) but teams have to shell out more money than the gnp of most 3rd world countries.

2. Fans like me get on websites like this and know they are right about these players. Yea, most of us are about as accurate as a crosseyed man with a 12 gauge.

3. Teams will draft thinking that's what they "need" at the top of the draft. Right, that's why you are at the top of the draft. You need everything almost if you are drafting in the top 5 so don't necessarily think one player is going to turn around a 2-14 catastrophe.

4. For me only, i can't think of much more boring than who the frickin buffalo bills are going to take in the fifth round using their supplemental pick. Rather be at the dentist without novacaine needing my wisdom teeth removed.
    5. You kids get off my lawn!!!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Man the Draft is my second favorite day of the year. It's like being a little kid and opening up presents on Christmas morning. The Draft makes or breaks your franchise. Sure on Draft Day you don't know how your players are going to turn out, but its fun speculating nonetheless.
    Exactly, C-Mob! It's like Christmas for those of us who enjoy the speculative nature of it all. Oooooh, we've got 7 presents under the tree. I wonder what's in them. Well, that one is from Uncle Devaney and that one is from Cousin Chip, and Poppa Spags got us that one over there. I wonder if that big one has something really cool in it. Maybe that little one over there is something neat.

Maybe we get a Wii.
    Maybe we get a pack of socks.

Who knows? Nobody............and that is part of the fun.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Same thing as last year huh? haha. Good one TX. Way to keep spirits high after such a negative season. Your sense of humor is needed on this board.

I have to agree to you in some sense. I hate the draft in OUR position right now. We were the worst team over a two year span. We obviously need alot for this team. Had we had three first round picks, then things will be interesting.

But like last year...

"Monroe is the pick"
    "Smith is the pick"
    "Oher is the pick"
    "Curry is the pick"
    "Maualuga is the pick"
    "Laurinitis is the pick:
    "Crabtres is the pick"
    "Raji is the pick"

hell every one of those players would make an impact on this team. haha.

I just get gray hairs by imagining who we could possibly get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

"Monroe is the pick"
    "Smith is the pick"
    "Oher is the pick"
    "Curry is the pick"
    "Maualuga is the pick"
    "Laurinitis is the pick:
    "Crabtres is the pick"
    "Raji is the pick"

hell every one of those players would make an impact on this team. haha.
    You're right, Moose. And the only good thing to come from this apocalypse of a season is that at least 7, if not all 8 will be available.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

See you in September, tx.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Mines to I guess I am one of those draft day nuts.
    :ramlogo: