Thread: Receiver?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Receiver?

Let's see...

Bernard Barrian is now a Viking
    Dante Stallworth is now a Brown
    Devery Henderson is still a Saint

We cant afford Fitzgerald and Moss.

I'm starting to full believe that our wide receiver team will be made up in the Draft this year.

However...this "trade" that JT is talking about COULD involve a receiver. But the 3 guys I wanted in free agency are all taken.

Thoughts?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Receiver?

We weren't getting any of those guys anyways after Bennett's contract last year. Frankly I don't care that we didn't get any of those guys becuase Barrian and Stallowrth were overpayed and Henderson is a WR that can't catch. We already have Bennet and Holt. if we get a slot guy in the draft like the Giants did (Steve Smith) we can have a good receiving core along with stanley, hall, and hagans.

Wolf is offline Registered User

I really like Will Franklin out of Missouri. To get him in the 3rd would be amazing. 6'0 and 214...but is blazing fast. Watched him in highlight video catch a screen and tear it 50-60 yards for a score.

I'm big on Donnie Avery, too. Sadly...he didn't hit the 4.20 mark in the combine...but there's no doubt he is fast as hell when on the field. I feel that Will Franklin would be a better complete receiver than Avery in a NFL offense, though.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I didn't want any of those guys either and was glad to see their names come off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I really like Will Franklin out of Missouri. To get him in the 3rd would be amazing. 6'0 and 214...but is blazing fast. Watched him in highlight video catch a screen and tear it 50-60 yards for a score.

I'm big on Donnie Avery, too. Sadly...he didn't hit the 4.20 mark in the combine...but there's no doubt he is fast as hell when on the field. I feel that Will Franklin would be a better complete receiver than Avery in a NFL offense, though.
    I know what you mean. I see one of those two guys being our number two. I'm sorry, I dont think Bennett cuts it. I think he'll be the guy we'll put in for the redzone attempts. We'll have a good receiving corps if we sign Avery or Franklin.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Wasn't Javon Walker released recently? I don't know what his salary requirements would be like, though.

Fortunately, there do seem to be some exciting prospects in the draft if that's the way we have to go. Whether we sign anyone or not, I think receiver is a position we'll want to address through the draft soon anyway. Holt could certainly consider retirement within the next two or three years.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

We'll have a good receiving corps when the OL gets fixed and healthy. I am confident Bulger can get the ball to a clown troup if he had too. And an improved line makes McMicheal a receiving weapon.

I like those receivers Franklin and Avery. But I like Stanley too and really think he can do some things for the Rams.
    Semper Fi!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I know what you mean. I see one of those two guys being our number two. I'm sorry, I dont think Bennett cuts it. I think he'll be the guy we'll put in for the redzone attempts. We'll have a good receiving corps if we sign Avery or Franklin.
    Ok, I'm sick of this. What the hell does everyone have against Bennett? First, he was hurting all of last year. Second, he wasn't used in the way he was successful in Tennessee. Third, our offense sucked last year and he was the 4th option at best. So, what does everyone have against him now that he steps into a starting role. He was only the #1 receiver for Tennessee before he came to St. Louis, that obviously means he sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Ok, I'm sick of this. What the hell does everyone have against Bennett? First, he was hurting all of last year. Second, he wasn't used in the way he was successful in Tennessee. Third, our offense sucked last year and he was the 4th option at best. So, what does everyone have against him now that he steps into a starting role. He was only the #1 receiver for Tennessee before he came to St. Louis, that obviously means he sucked.
    I dont think he's quite fast enough. Saunders is going to want the fast receivers. Thats my opinion however, as you are entitled to your own...

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

He was never meant to be fast. That's not his game if that's your beef with him, get off his back. He's meant to be tall, which he's good at.

I'm with Teke on this one, he had good years in Tennessee, and now with a bad offense on a bad team he's going badly and it's all his fault? How about the quarterbacks that are on their backs more than Paris Hilton?

edge_V is offline Registered User

I don't think Bennett will be bad at all really. But what do you guys think about Devin Thomas? he's from MSU, 6'2", 216, ran a 4.40. I think he could develop into a good receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    He was never meant to be fast. That's not his game if that's your beef with him, get off his back. He's meant to be tall, which he's good at.

I'm with Teke on this one, he had good years in Tennessee, and now with a bad offense on a bad team he's going badly and it's all his fault? How about the quarterbacks that are on their backs more than Paris Hilton?
    I really do hope he works up to the contract we payed him. I mean, I do see your guys' point about him not being great because of last year. I understand.

I dunno how the deep threat will work though. I'm not sure if Hall is that guy, and I know next to nothing on Hagans and Stanley. I'm not sure how sure handed they are and how fast they are. =/

Wolf is offline Registered User

Bennett has a great chance to shine in the offense this year. He's different from what Saunders is use to and I think Saunders taking time to focus on him and his strength with different plays and packages should benefit our passing game.

keith m. klink Guest

With BRUCE gone , and HOLT with no more cartalige in his knee's . the rams need to take a receiver with a high 2-3 rd pick to start to restock their barn . maybe next years #1 just might be the next TORRY HOLT , and this years #2 pick is the future IKE BRUCE. i'd say looking at a speed guy at about 5-11 to 6-0 and 180 - 190 lbs .

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'm very much in favor of grabbing a good receiver in the draft this year, but the issue is that I feel we need to grab a lineman on each side, and a strong safety prospect before a receiver. The safety class is a bad one, so we may have to wait till next year for one in the draft. Bell, the safety from the Dolphins just may be a good chance to take, so that we can grab a WR in round 2-3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast