Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Receiver?

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Re: Receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Ok, I'm sick of this. What the hell does everyone have against Bennett? First, he was hurting all of last year. Second, he wasn't used in the way he was successful in Tennessee. Third, our offense sucked last year and he was the 4th option at best. So, what does everyone have against him now that he steps into a starting role. He was only the #1 receiver for Tennessee before he came to St. Louis, that obviously means he sucked.
    Great post. Some of these fans expectations are unrealistic and unfair. Half of them have no sense and are not willing to give a player a chance.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Great post. Some of these fans expectations are unrealistic and unfair. Half of them have no sense and are not willing to give a player a chance.
    The expectations are unrealistic? We're paying the guy 30 million dollars and he got nothing done for us last year, even when he wasn't injured. Say what you will about his past performance, but he didn't do anything last year to warrant his contract. *That's* where the expectations come from.

MarTeezy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Ok, I'm sick of this. What the hell does everyone have against Bennett? First, he was hurting all of last year. Second, he wasn't used in the way he was successful in Tennessee. Third, our offense sucked last year and he was the 4th option at best. So, what does everyone have against him now that he steps into a starting role. He was only the #1 receiver for Tennessee before he came to St. Louis, that obviously means he sucked.
    I have nothing against Bennett. The problem with this guy is his hands need to get better. I wish I could find out how many passes this guy dropped, but I know it had to be a lot. As a #1 or #2 WR, you need to have reliable hands, and he doesn't have that. And please, spare me the stuff about running routes on the outside versus the slot. At the end of the day you still have to catch the ball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12