View Poll Results: Which Receiver?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Justin Blackmon (OSU) 6'1 210lbs. (1st Round)

21 53.85%
  • Alshon Jeffery (SC) 6'4 235lbs. (1st Round)

12 30.77%
  • Michael Floyd (ND) 6'3 218lbs. (1-2 Round)

6 15.38%
  • Jeff Fuller (A&M) 6'3 215lbs. (2nd Round)

0 0%
  • Ryan Broyles (OU) 5'11 185lbs. (2nd Round)

0 0%
  • Juron Criner (Arizona) 6'4 210lbs. (2nd Round)

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Which Receiver Would You Want...

RockinRam is online now Registered User

Which Receiver Would You Want...

If we do decide to draft a WR(s) in the upcoming draft, who would you want?

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Which Receiver Would You Want...

Blackmon hands down! i'd take Floyd in the second round if he was still there and not BA CB was available..

Blackmon is no doubt a great player, but he's a cocky diva like DeSean Jackson. Plus Jeffery has the edge in size, athleticism, and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Blackmon is no doubt a great player, but he's a cocky diva like DeSean Jackson. Plus Jeffery has the edge in size, athleticism, and potential.
    Ok does Desean Jackson win games? Yes. Is he a Game changer and Game breaker? Yes. Is Blackmon all the above? Yes. Nuff said. I don't care if he is cocky or a diva just as long as he doesn't shoot himself in the leg or stab bradford in the huddle I could care less! It's about time we got some young playmakers on this team and stopped worrying about the choirboy sydronum!!!!
    ManofGod likes this.

BeastMode6 is offline Registered User

I got a friend that plays at SC and he says that Alshon has put on quite a bit of weight this past off season. Not the good weight either.

Give me just blackmon any day of the week! I dont think Alshon has the better potential of the two either

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Ok does Desean Jackson win games? Yes. Is he a Game changer and Game breaker? Yes. Is Blackmon all the above? Yes. Nuff said. I don't care if he is cocky or a diva just as long as he doesn't shoot himself in the leg or stab bradford in the huddle I could care less! It's about time we got some young playmakers on this team and stopped worrying about the choirboy sydronum!!!!
    Actually he does shoot himself in the leg. 2 weeks ago they played A&M (my school), and Blackmon caught a TD and was running to the endzone and decided to celebrate early, and fumbled the ball. We recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Actually he does shoot himself in the leg. 2 weeks ago they played A&M (my school), and Blackmon caught a TD and was running to the endzone and decided to celebrate early, and fumbled the ball. We recovered.
    I was talking about Plax shooting himself in the leg like a tard but I think I'd still take his:
    9/24 @Texas A&M W 30-29 11rec. 121yds. 11.0avg. 1 TD If it wasn't for Blackmon playing in that game you guys would of won without a doubt!

richtree is offline Registered User

Michael Floyd (ND) 6'3 218lbs. (1-2 Round) is really 1st round pick and my favorite of the bunch as of now. He is closer to Britt, Fitz, and those types of players......Blackmon is much more of a speed guy than a pure #1 WR....

Floyd will totally outshine him at the combine. Blackmon may not even go, because he has nothing to gain. Blackmon needs to run a fast 40 time to be a high pick.

I think it wasn't right putting projections next to players when asking people to vote. I am sure some psycho-analysis would say something similar.

lostsoul likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Michael Floyd (ND) 6'3 218lbs. (1-2 Round) is really 1st round pick and my favorite of the bunch as of now. He is closer to Britt, Fitz, and those types of players......Blackmon is much more of a speed guy than a pure #1 WR....

Floyd will totally outshine him at the combine. Blackmon may not even go, because he has nothing to gain. Blackmon needs to run a fast 40 time to be a high pick.

I think it wasn't right putting projections next to players when asking people to vote. I am sure some psycho-analysis would say something similar.

I like Floyd too. Hes extremely well rounded and is much more suited to be a #1. He has power, strength, blocks extremely well, runs good routes, and has great hands.

He like RT said will destroy everybody at the combine. When we look back in 2 or 3 years we will wonder why we didn't take Floyd.

Blackmon is much more of a speed guy than a pure #1 WR....

You can still be a game changing #1 with speed and great route running which only Blackmon has!! Thinking these two WR's Floyd And Blackmon will be for sure top 20 picks and I'd wager to say top 12 picks.
    I love how you always dog Blackmon so much, how would he gain nothing from not going to the combine? Get over the man crush on Floyd! lol

p.s. you to Sosa!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

At present, I'd go with Blackmon. Through the college football season thus far, he remains the top receiver potentially available in the 2012 class, IMO. I think he offers the best total package of skills and ability that I'm looking for at the next level, as well as the consistent production at the collegiate level to back it up.

Over the weekend, I spent the whole ND/Purdue game focusing on Floyd to see if I would catch the man-crush RT and Sosa have for him. While I remain impressed by his ball skills, physicality, and willingness in the run game, I still have concerns about his explosiveness off the LOS and out of his cuts, his overall speed, the sharpness of his routes, and his separation.

Alshon Jeffery has all the talent and ability in the world, but I've not been as impressed with him this year and I don't know that he's yet met the preseason expectations many had for him this season. I've also heard some rumblings about some conditioning concerns that will be interesting to keep in the back of your mind as the season (and perhaps offseason) progresses. Still, he might have the best ability of the three.

Either way, as the original poll illustrates, the Rams will have some early receiver options in this draft to consider. Clearly it remains a position of need based on four games, so I hope the Rams are aggressive this year in trying to find a solution. The passiveness of waiting on perceived value in the mid-rounds while signing the cast-offs of other poor teams hasn't brought about the desired results so far.
    ManofGod and ZiaRam like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    At present, I'd go with Blackmon. Through the college football season thus far, he remains the top receiver potentially available in the 2012 class, IMO. I think he offers the best total package of skills and ability that I'm looking for at the next level, as well as the consistent production at the collegiate level to back it up.

Over the weekend, I spent the whole ND/Purdue game focusing on Floyd to see if I would catch the man-crush RT and Sosa have for him. While I remain impressed by his ball skills, physicality, and willingness in the run game, I still have concerns about his explosiveness off the LOS and out of his cuts, his overall speed, the sharpness of his routes, and his separation.

Alshon Jeffery has all the talent and ability in the world, but I've not been as impressed with him this year and I don't know that he's yet met the preseason expectations many had for him this season. I've also heard some rumblings about some conditioning concerns that will be interesting to keep in the back of your mind as the season (and perhaps offseason) progresses. Still, he might have the best ability of the three.

Either way, as the original poll illustrates, the Rams will have some early receiver options in this draft to consider. Clearly it remains a position of need based on four games, so I hope the Rams are aggressive this year in trying to find a solution. The passiveness of waiting on perceived value in the mid-rounds while signing the cast-offs of other poor teams hasn't brought about the desired results so far.
    I've heard the same about Jeffery. I heard hes got a gut now; way too much partying. Yet I still want him. His physical build is amazing. He can be the Calvin Johnson of this draft.

I like Blackmon. He is really talented and fast. I just dont like the diva attitude and the premature celebration. I think he will make a good #2 in this league, not a #1. I don't see him being the guy that will catch 100 passes a season and consistently get you first downs on 3rd downs.

Michael Floyd I do have a man crush on .

I guess we will have to wait for a few years to see whose the best.

I did that because some people might not want a 1st round WR.

And as for me, I'd still go with Jeffery then Floyd then Blackmon.

Who needs speed when you are 6'5 and have a monster vertical? Look what Calvin Johnson did in triple coverage, or the amazing catch A.J Green made this weekend.

But in all seriousness, we need a guy with size and physical talent who can make eye popping plays who is also reliable for Bradford. Floyd or Jeffery can be those guys.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I've heard the same about Jeffery. I heard hes got a gut now; way too much partying. Yet I still want him. His physical build is amazing. He can be the Calvin Johnson of this draft.
    Or he could be the Mike Williams of this draft, if those conditioning concerns are accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I like Blackmon. He is really talented and fast. I just dont like the diva attitude and the premature celebration. I think he will make a good #2 in this league, not a #1. I don't see him being the guy that will catch 100 passes a season and consistently get you first downs on 3rd downs.
    Two things here.

One, I think the "premature celebration" criticism from the A&M game is bunk. I've watched the replay numerous times, and all we can see is him trying to exchange the ball to his outside hand and he loses it on the transition. It's not as if he was highstepping with the ball outstetched and lost it.

Two, since your opinion on Blackmon and his upside is very different from what many (if not most) analysts believe, can you provide some detailed specifics as to why you feel that way? For instance, I've highlighted some areas of concern I have with Floyd that I think are going to limit him at the pro level, and I'd be happy to elaborate on them. But I'm curious why specifically you feel Blackmon's pro upside is just a "good #2"?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Just to show what people are talking about with Jeffery being fat, apparently the first picture was takin in offseason and he couldnt work out and stuff for some reason and this is the result(hes obviously #1)

Now this is a current picture from last weeks loss against Auburn

So he showed that he can get into shape when it matter. (hes the one in the backround)

For me i'd be fine with either Jeffery or Blackmon in the early 1st. I wish and pray and hope Floyd drops into the 2nd cause of the 3 DUI's. But im not sure its gonna happen, if hes not picked by the 25th pick i say we trade up and grab him. I want at least 1 of the big 3.

Im not at all concerened with any of the diva talk with Blackmon, maybe we need a little bit of diva on this team to give us some life?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which Receiver Would You Want...-alshon-jeffrey-fat.jpg  
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -10-04-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast