View Poll Results: Which Receiver?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Justin Blackmon (OSU) 6'1 210lbs. (1st Round)

21 53.85%
  • Alshon Jeffery (SC) 6'4 235lbs. (1st Round)

12 30.77%
  • Michael Floyd (ND) 6'3 218lbs. (1-2 Round)

6 15.38%
  • Jeff Fuller (A&M) 6'3 215lbs. (2nd Round)

0 0%
  • Ryan Broyles (OU) 5'11 185lbs. (2nd Round)

0 0%
  • Juron Criner (Arizona) 6'4 210lbs. (2nd Round)

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Which Receiver Would You Want...

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Which Receiver Would You Want...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Today's numbers...

Jeffery: 5 rec, 24 yds, 1 TD
    Blackmon: 7 rec, 74 yds, 1 TD
    Floyd: DNP (bye week)

I didn't get the chance to watch the full SC game, but Jeffery didn't exactly put up a fantastic performance. A long reception of just eight yards, and a ypc average of less than five yards. However, for those drooling over the highlights of Calvin Johnson outjumping double and triple coverage in the end zone to come down with a catch, you had to like what you saw of Jeffery in the end zone today.

As for Blackmon, I thought he had a very good game. A lot to like there. His cuts were sharp, particularly on the second quarter drive where he scored a touchdown. On fourth down, as a defense, you'd have to think he's the guy to look for, but he made a nice cut and got open. He scored a bit later with a nice inside move and second effort after contact. Hands looked good, caught the ball well. He also played defense on some poorly thrown passes to break up one if not two potential interceptions.
    Each week it gets harder and harder to decide which wr i want. at this point id really take either.

I watched the td grab by Jeffery in the double coverage, he made it look so easy. Besides that his day was pretty non-existant. I wonder how much of it is on there QB? SCAR is more a ground and pound and there qb's have been lacluster to say the least this season.

Hearing your assessment on Blackmons route running is always encouraging.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Each week it gets harder and harder to decide which wr i want. at this point id really take either.

I watched the td grab by Jeffery in the double coverage, he made it look so easy. Besides that his day was pretty non-existant. I wonder how much of it is on there QB? SCAR is more a ground and pound and there qb's have been lacluster to say the least this season.

Hearing your assessment on Blackmons route running is always encouraging.
    Blackmon is doing great so far. I feel bad for Jeffery though. He does not get enough targets, his QB's are trash. He has I believe 27 receptions, to Floyd 53 and Blackmons 47.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Blackmon is doing great so far. I feel bad for Jeffery though. He does not get enough targets, his QB's are trash. He has I believe 27 receptions, to Floyd 53 and Blackmons 47.
    Yea, gets targeted way less but still has the most ypc out of the 3. i wish i could see him with a great qb throwin to him. Last year he had more reception yards then Green and Julio Jones. and they're some pretty beastly receivers.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Update for this week...

Blackmon: 8 rec, 54 yards, 1 TD
    Floyd: 4 rec, 24 yards
    Jeffery: DNP (bye)

Blackmon had a solid outing despite not playing in the second half of his game due to concussion-like symptoms. He had a bad drop after beating his man on a double move down the sideline on what would have been a touchdown, but made up for it by catching a touchdown pass on a slant route later in the drive. This was his sixth consecutive game with a touchdown reception. No word on the severity of his injury or his status for next week's game, but he was walking around on the sideline (albeit w/o a helmet) during the second half.

On the other hand, Floyd was a ghost for the majority of the Notre Dame/USC game. He had one catch for two yards in the first half, so adding three receptions in the second half was an improvement but a minor one. 5'8" sophomore Nickell Robey was effective in shutting down Floyd, even coming away with an interception near the end of the night. Floyd was not much of a factor, finishing fourth on his team in receptions and yards tonight in Notre Dame's loss.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Update for this week...

Blackmon: 8 rec, 54 yards, 1 TD
    Floyd: 4 rec, 24 yards
    Jeffery: DNP (bye)

Blackmon had a solid outing despite not playing in the second half of his game due to concussion-like symptoms. He had a bad drop after beating his man on a double move down the sideline on what would have been a touchdown, but made up for it by catching a touchdown pass on a slant route later in the drive. This was his sixth consecutive game with a touchdown reception. No word on the severity of his injury or his status for next week's game, but he was walking around on the sideline (albeit w/o a helmet) during the second half.

On the other hand, Floyd was a ghost for the majority of the Notre Dame/USC game. He had one catch for two yards in the first half, so adding three receptions in the second half was an improvement but a minor one. 5'8" sophomore Nickell Robey was effective in shutting down Floyd, even coming away with an interception near the end of the night. Floyd was not much of a factor, finishing fourth on his team in receptions and yards tonight in Notre Dame's loss.
    I've always been concerned about Floyd's ability to stand out in everygame where it seems he is nowhere to be found some games. Watched Blackmon almost everyplay this year and he was alot to learn and growing up to do but think he has natural ability that gets himself into great position to stand out. I'm still not sure on jefferey since I'm just starting to watch him and his games this seaon.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Yea, Floyd becoming casper out there is a concern, dont really see that with Jeffery or Blackmon like that.

I like Blackmon/Jeffery the most, and used to like Floyd a lot, hes a big strong wr who can play #1, but disapears to much and idk, ive just slowly been liking him less.
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -10-25-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Updated numbers for this week...

Blackmon: 13 rec for 172 yards & 2 TDs
    Floyd: 6 rec for 121 yards & 1 TD
    Jeffery: 3 rec for 17 yards

Blackmon and Floyd put up very strong numbers this week, whereas Jeffery disappeared in a game where South Carolina heavily featured the run game (58 total team carries). Blackmon had more individual receptions than the rest of his entire team today.

Both Blackmon and Floyd had a reception of 50+ yards, and both of them looked more like sloppy coverage with no help over the top than anything else. The ND game is on the DVR, looking forward to getting the OSU and USC games to review more thoroughly.
    RockinRam likes this.

Updated numbers for this week...

Blackmon: 13 rec for 172 yards & 2 TDs
    Floyd: 6 rec for 121 yards & 1 TD
    Jeffery: 3 rec for 17 yards

Blackmon and Floyd put up very strong numbers this week, whereas Jeffery disappeared in a game where South Carolina heavily featured the run game (58 total team carries). Blackmon had more individual receptions than the rest of his entire team today.

Both Blackmon and Floyd had a reception of 50+ yards, and both of them looked more like sloppy coverage with no help over the top than anything else. The ND game is on the DVR, looking forward to getting the OSU and USC games to review more thoroughly.
    Well Blackmon and Jeffery still at top of my list, just cant figure out which one.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I love Jeffery, but having a younger, more athletic, faster, more potential version of Brandon Lloyd to wreck havoc in McDaniel's scheme is pretty enticing. Blackmon has the edge for me so far, but that can change.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

This weeks numbers-

Blackmon - 13 rec for 205 yards, 2 td's, 2 fumbles(1 on a PR,1 at the goal line)

Jeffery - 3 rec for 19 yards.( He really deserves a better qb)

Floyd - 5 rec for 44 yards, 1 td.

Also, Broyles is out for the year with a torn ACL. He has the FBS record for receptions, and was 421 yards shy of receiving yards record. Sad when a player with such talent gets injured like this.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    This weeks numbers-

Blackmon - 13 rec for 205 yards, 2 td's, 2 fumbles(1 on a PR,1 at the goal line)

Jeffery - 3 rec for 19 yards.( He really deserves a better qb)

Floyd - 5 rec for 44 yards, 1 td.
    After last night, I think we all know who were going with. I still like Jeffery but hes too much of a risk...If we're picking top 5. If were in the 10 range, and Blackmon was gone, I'd take Jeffery. He just doesn't show up all the time, especially with the QB he has.

Blackmon is just a straight playmaker. Fast, strong, and plays a lot bigger than he is. Having him across from Lloyd would just be scary. He has to hold on to the ball better though, he could of had another TD but extended the ball and it got hit out at the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    After last night, I think we all know who were going with. I still like Jeffery but hes too much of a risk...If we're picking top 5. If were in the 10 range, and Blackmon was gone, I'd take Jeffery. He just doesn't show up all the time, especially with the QB he has.

Blackmon is just a straight playmaker. Fast, strong, and plays a lot bigger than he is. Having him across from Lloyd would just be scary. He has to hold on to the ball better though, he could of had another TD but extended the ball and it got hit out at the 3.
    The thing with the fumbles is, they can be worked on to stop them from happening. i just see it as he was really trying there. and we shouldnt have receiving punts i hope, so wouldnt have to worry about the muff.

Blackmon seems to show up every game, great work ethic, always wants to be better. as rockinram said "younger, more athletic, faster, more potential version of Brandon Lloyd".

I like Jeffery but although he is big and somewhat physical, he doesnt have the physical frame of calvin johnson, andre johnson etc. his arms arnt very big or muscular(Blackmons got cannons).

I still like Jeffery and think he has a great skill set and intangibles, i just prefer Blackmon and think he'd fit our offensive scheme better.

If we missed out on Blackmon id still be fine with taking Jeffery, but right now Blackmon is my choice.
    RockinRam likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345