Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    MarshallMarshall Guest

    Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    with that being said. Why do all these Rams Fans want to draft Crabtree?
    Yes he is a stud, but dominating defenses get you to the superbowl. Our new coach is Defensive minded and our defense is one of the worst if not the worst. Why isn't it more clear to people we need to focus on defense this off-season, build the defense and the offense will come !!!!
    What do you guys think, agree or disagree?

    Sorry i should have posted this in draft & FA, I'll learn!! Damn Rookies !!
    Last edited by MarshallMarshall; -02-01-2009 at 04:17 PM.


  2. #2
    IzzyHigh1212's Avatar
    IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    with that being said. Why do all these Rams Fans want to draft Crabtree?
    Yes he is a stud, but dominating defenses get you to the superbowl. Our new coach is Defensive minded and our defense is one of the worst if not the worst. Why isn't it more clear to people we need to focus on defense this off-season, build the defense and the offense will come !!!!
    What do you guys think, agree or disagree?

    Sorry i should have posted this in draft & FA, I'll learn!! Damn Rookies !!
    Larry Fitzgerald would beg to differ.

  3. #3
    dgr828's Avatar
    dgr828 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    THE GOLDEN STATE
    Posts
    1,917
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Isaac Bruce won SB XXXIV when Kurt Warner threw up that 'Hail Mary' that Isaac had to adjust to while being covered by two Titans Defensive backs making the catch for the 73 yard game winning Touchdown! What a stud! Who will ever forget the goal line tackle from Mike Jones as time ran out preserving the 23-16 victory for the Saint Louis Rams.
    It would be nice to see the Rams put more emphysis on the needs of the defense.
    Spags will no doubt will more of a defensive minded coach. Maybe he can talk Strahan out of retirement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Dominating D's Avatar
    Dominating D is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Isaac Bruce won SB XXXIV when Kurt Warner threw up that 'Hail Mary' that Isaac had to adjust to while being covered by two Titans Defensive backs making the catch for the 73 yard game winning Touchdown! What a stud! Who will ever forget the goal line tackle from Mike Jones as time ran out preserving the 23-16 victory for the Saint Louis Rams.
    It would be nice to see the Rams put more emphysis on the needs of the defense.
    Spags will no doubt will more of a defensive minded coach. Maybe he can talk Strahan out of retirement.
    Jerry Rice and the whinners
    GSOT BRuce, Holt and company
    Fitzgerald and the cardinals
    Moss and the Patriots

    Not every year and not all the time.... Sometimes a dominate WR can give you that push to the BIG DANCE....
    Last edited by Dominating D; -02-01-2009 at 05:46 PM.

  5. #5
    djdeeznutz Guest

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    with that being said. Why do all these Rams Fans want to draft Crabtree?
    Yes he is a stud, but dominating defenses get you to the superbowl. Our new coach is Defensive minded and our defense is one of the worst if not the worst. Why isn't it more clear to people we need to focus on defense this off-season, build the defense and the offense will come !!!!
    What do you guys think, agree or disagree?

    Sorry i should have posted this in draft & FA, I'll learn!! Damn Rookies !!
    Dude did you watch the Cardinals in the playoffs at all?

    that one TD to Fitz vs. the Eagles. Fitz was covered but Warner just threw it up there and Fitz got and scored.

    Fitz vs. the Falcons 1st week of playoffs. Warner threw it up there (jump ball situation) it was 2 vs. 1. 2 falcons DBs vs. Fitz and Fitz got the ball and TD.

    The Panthers knew who was going to get the ball on every passing play yet they let Fitz get 8 rec, 166 yrds 1 TD

    Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Isaac Bruce won SB XXXIV when Kurt Warner threw up that 'Hail Mary' that Isaac had to adjust to while being covered by two Titans Defensive backs making the catch for the 73 yard game winning Touchdown! What a stud! Who will ever forget the goal line tackle from Mike Jones as time ran out preserving the 23-16 victory for the Saint Louis Rams.
    Spags will no doubt will more of a defensive minded coach. Maybe he can talk Strahan out of retirement.
    This is an example of a WR winning a superbowl.

    Yea where is strahan going to play Little lead the team last year in sacks and he is sure not going to replace our future stud Chirs Long.



    Think about the adjustment teams would have to make vs. the Rams. Jackson is a playmaker. But what about play action passes.

    Play action to S-Jax and then u have Holt for a short yarder or Avery and Crabtree down deep who are they going to double cover? While there thinkin about that Bulger is sacked (lol just playin) Bulger throws it downfield to Crabtree for a TD

  6. #6
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    .

    While there thinkin about that Bulger is sacked
    Yes, he will be sacked. He won't have enough time to wait for Crabtree or Avery to get downfield when the o-line can't give him more than 3 seconds of solid protection.



    As for MarshallMarshall, I agree with your post. We're getting one of the best defensive coordinators in the league. Yet people want to focus on big, sexy offensive picks. Why not draft to Spag's specialty? Get Curry or Maualauga or Orakpo or Raji in there and see how our defense will improve with Spag's coaching and newly added talent.

  7. #7
    djdeeznutz Guest

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Yes, he will be sacked. He won't have enough time to wait for Crabtree or Avery to get downfield when the o-line can't give him more than 3 seconds of solid protection.
    i was just playin bout the Bulger gettin sacked lol
    Last edited by djdeeznutz; -02-01-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: didn quote rite

  8. #8
    MarshallMarshall Guest

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Jerry Rice and the whinners
    GSOT BRuce, Holt and company
    Fitzgerald and the cardinals
    Moss and the Patriots

    Not every year and not all the time.... Sometimes a dominate WR can give you that push to the BIG DANCE....

    Good examples, but whiners and pats had dominating D also. GSOT was the most dominating offense inthe history of the NFL ( I wish i had a delorian )

  9. #9
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Santonio Holmes came up huge and won the Game. Larry Fitzgerald also came up huge and brought them back.

  10. #10
    MarshallMarshall Guest

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Santonio Holmes came up huge and won the Game. Larry Fitzgerald also came up huge and brought them back.
    Ya but thats still only one game. The statement was " WR can't get you to the super bowl. No question a game changing WR can win a game for you. But to be successful in NFL and go to super bowl you have to have a good defense. Which is the exact opposite of what we have. Getting Crabtree would help us score points which we need but I think D is bigger problem, the points will come as long as our coordinator has effective scheme for what his weapons are.

  11. #11
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    Ya but thats still only one game.
    ...

    the biggest game of the year...

  12. #12
    ram1906's Avatar
    ram1906 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    I am one of the fans YELLING for Crabtree!!!!! and its exactly that reason...I wanna go to the bowl.....I posted this on another thread but its simple....Crabtree is by far the BPA....not even close....I think Spags can get his type of player and defense quicker through free agency and cant go wrong with taking CB....We had Stanley and Looker at times as our 2 and 3 recievers and there is a question where we need the most help....if you could get into Bulger's mind during his read progressions it would sound like this"...Hike....Holt doubled........Avery ..safety over the top...streak covered....whoever was in the slot BLANKETED...where is Steven.....BOOOOOOOM...WHAT JUST HIT ME"....so many of the line problems get solved with better route running (Avery) and a legitimate threat as the number 3 ...See Cardinal Offense....See 99 Rams (Az in the slot)....See 08 Pats (Wes Welker) ...See see 07 Giats with Plex...then without....See Colts 04-06 with Stokely as 3 and then without....Humm familiar theme....far cry from Looker/Stanley/Bennet in the slot....i am a true believer that Defense wins championships.....and I am elated that we have a true defensive minded coach....but you cant pass on the BPA with one of the many holes we have at reciever...

  13. #13
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,876
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by ram1906 View Post
    .but you cant pass on the BPA with one of the many holes we have at reciever...
    Are there greater holes elsewhere?

  14. #14
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,876
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Look, put it this way:

    If Larry Fitzgerald were playing for the Detroit Lions, would they be a playoff team?

    Apply the same logic to Michael Crabtree (though there are no guarantees anyway) and the Rams.

  15. #15
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Look, put it this way:

    If Larry Fitzgerald were playing for the Detroit Lions, would they be a playoff team?

    Apply the same logic to Michael Crabtree (though there are no guarantees anyway) and the Rams.
    So your comparing us to the DET Lions??

    You make no sense, the Cards have been mediocre for the last few years with Fitzgerald, but now they reached the SuperBowl...I'll take mediocrity for the next 3 or 4 seasons however long he's been in the league to reach the Super Bowl...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. " IF " The Cardinals make it to the Superbowl
    By laram0 in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -01-19-2009, 12:52 AM
  2. Superbowl Top 20 Conspiracy
    By dramswin13 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -01-15-2007, 10:10 PM
  3. In my opinion, recievers are a problem.
    By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: -09-19-2006, 06:28 AM
  4. The Superbowl is in St Louis...
    By ramsbruce in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: -10-24-2005, 11:06 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -08-26-2001, 07:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •