Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MarshallMarshall Guest

Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    So your comparing us to the DET Lions??

You make no sense, the Cards have been mediocre for the last few years with Fitzgerald, but now they reached the SuperBowl...I'll take mediocrity for the next 3 or 4 seasons however long he's been in the league to reach the Super Bowl...
    You make no sense, your saying fitz is the only reason the cards were mediocre the last few seasons. He has Boldin on the other side of him who is a top 10 WR in this league, Who do the rams have that is comparable to him? If the Rams draft Crabtree it doesn't mean they automatically are a mediocre team, they will still bite until we build the D. And by the way the Detriot Lions have won more games than us in the past 2 seasons combined so its not to far off comparison, face it the rams are way farther away from mediocricy than one stud reciever.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ram1906 View Post
    I am one of the fans YELLING for Crabtree!!!!! and its exactly that reason...I wanna go to the bowl.....I posted this on another thread but its simple....Crabtree is by far the BPA....not even close....I think Spags can get his type of player and defense quicker through free agency and cant go wrong with taking CB....We had Stanley and Looker at times as our 2 and 3 recievers and there is a question where we need the most help....if you could get into Bulger's mind during his read progressions it would sound like this"...Hike....Holt doubled........Avery ..safety over the top...streak covered....whoever was in the slot BLANKETED...where is Steven.....BOOOOOOOM...WHAT JUST HIT ME"....so many of the line problems get solved with better route running (Avery) and a legitimate threat as the number 3 ...See Cardinal Offense....See 99 Rams (Az in the slot)....See 08 Pats (Wes Welker) ...See see 07 Giats with Plex...then without....See Colts 04-06 with Stokely as 3 and then without....Humm familiar theme....far cry from Looker/Stanley/Bennet in the slot....i am a true believer that Defense wins championships.....and I am elated that we have a true defensive minded coach....but you cant pass on the BPA with one of the many holes we have at reciever...
    Giants rode their DEFENSE through the whole playoffs, Patriots are cheaters, Colts have one of the best QB's of alltime, GSOT was the entire offense in a whole,besides the defense won the game for them with the tackle on the 1 yard line.( But the offense got them there)

You can find solid WR in the draft in the lower rounds !!!!!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

It doesn't matter if we draft Crabtree or the best defensive player on the board with our second overall pick. That one player is not going to get this team to the Super Bowl. It's a TEAM effort to achieve post-season success.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It doesn't matter if we draft Crabtree or the best defensive player on the board with our second overall pick. That one player is not going to get this team to the Super Bowl. It's a TEAM effort to achieve post-season success.
    Very nice and well put together post. I completely agree with you Nick.

djdeeznutz Guest

A team gets u to the superebowl!

O-lineman do not get u to the superbowl just look at the Steelers u can compare that line to the Rams line.

A defense alone does not get u to the superbowl look at the Ravens they have had a top notch Defense for 5+ years and did not make it to the superbowl

U must build a team and getting Crabtree is important cuz the guy is great when runnig with the ball so think about the screen passes

RebelYell is offline Registered User

It's interesting that almost every team mentioned that supposedly got to the Superbowl with a great WR also had a dominating defense. Arizona Cardinals got to the Superbowl because their defense played dominant football and caused turnovers in the playoffs. Fitzgerald was great but if the defense had played like it had all season, they would have lost in the first round.

Without Dockett, the Cardinals would have been out of that game in the first half.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    Ya but thats still only one game. The statement was " WR can't get you to the super bowl. No question a game changing WR can win a game for you. But to be successful in NFL and go to super bowl you have to have a good defense. Which is the exact opposite of what we have. Getting Crabtree would help us score points which we need but I think D is bigger problem, the points will come as long as our coordinator has effective scheme for what his weapons are.
    Then why not say an offensive tackle will not get you to the superbowl!!!
    OR a QB will not get you to the superbowl!!!!
    a linbacker will not get you to the superbowl!!!

Your comparing apples to oranges. Your talking about an individual position versus an entire unit?????

I agree that a wide reciever alone can not get you to the show but he sure can give you a big push in the right direction for example.... last nights superbowl Fitzgerald and Holmes--you sure could argue the defense did not win that game....

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Look, put it this way:

If Larry Fitzgerald were playing for the Detroit Lions, would they be a playoff team?

Apply the same logic to Michael Crabtree (though there are no guarantees anyway) and the Rams.
    I think we have way more Talent than Detroit When you look at Bulger and S-Jax and even Avery. We have some decent young guards. Pace is still effective when healthy. We do have some hole, but if we can add at least 2 more pieces to the Offensive Line before drafting Crabtree I think we can have a good year.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    So your comparing us to the DET Lions??

You make no sense, the Cards have been mediocre for the last few years with Fitzgerald, but now they reached the SuperBowl...I'll take mediocrity for the next 3 or 4 seasons however long he's been in the league to reach the Super Bowl...
    You're right. We can't compare to the Lions. Because unlike us, THEY actually play competitive football for all four quarters.

IMO, our defense has more needs to be addressed. Our o-line will have to be more solidified before a weapon like Crabtree is taken, or else his full potential will never be unleashed.

Crabtree should not be our first priority going into this draft.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Receivers dont make the team, neither do LT;s, LB's RB's etc...As soon as this team got it together emotionally, physically and willingly, Crabtree would play a major role in our offense..You kidding me, Crabtree & Avery???...One can only dream!

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    I think we have way more Talent than Detroit When you look at Bulger and S-Jax and even Avery. We have some decent young guards. Pace is still effective when healthy. We do have some hole, but if we can add at least 2 more pieces to the Offensive Line before drafting Crabtree I think we can have a good year.
    How many more times do you think the Rams will draft the 2nd overall pick? Players like Crabtree usually do not drop past the top 5 picks????

So do you believe?? the Rams should pass on a playmaker to add some talent at a needed positon eventhough the player selected is not nearly as talented.

If yes, then I might as well find another hobby because to win in this league you need talent and when you draft for need only you lose out on talent.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Here are 3 WR's who I think will be good at next level. They will probably be available at 2-7 rounds, which if any is where the rams will probably looking at a WR.
    1. Austin Collie- BYU
    2. Sammy Straughter- Oregon State
    3. Eddie Thompson- Idaho State ( cousin of sid quan thompson,cb @ CAL )

You guys have any other WR's on your list you like?

Here are 3 WR's who I think will be good at next level. They will probably be available at 2-7 rounds, which if any is where the rams will probably looking at a WR.
    1. Austin Collie- BYU
    2. Sammy Straughter- Oregon State
    3. Eddie Thompson- Idaho State ( cousin of sid quan thompson,cb @ CAL )

You guys have any other WR's on your list you like?
    If it's not Crabs why would the Rams be interested in these guys when they have

Avery
    Burton
    Holt
    Bennett
    Looker
    Stanley?

Unless you think these guys have more potential than Burton or Avery why would you select them in this years draft?

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    If it's not Crabs why would the Rams be interested in these guys when they have

Avery
    Burton
    Holt
    Bennett
    Looker
    Stanley?

Unless you think these guys have more potential than Burton or Avery why would you select them in this years draft?
    Because they are all game breakers that will be available in mid rounds so we won't have to spend all the money on a playmaker.Why do you think we don't have the money to spend on big time defensive player? Because we have so much money tied up in our non-producing offense, you think our new staff is going to want to tie up all that cap money in a 1st round WR, your sadly mistaken lad ! As for why we would want to get one of these guys when we have who we have.
    It is so simple, Avery and Burton are good young prospects YES. Holt we don't know if he'll be on team and even if he is, he won't be around much longer. Bennett is a red zone threat at best, if he's healthy or even on team next year. Looker, I like the guy but come on he's a number 4 reciever, without breakaway speed or YAC ability. Stanley has shown heart, but lacks size, he got knocked out cold twice last year from big hits.
    I listed those 3 guys because in my eyes they all have the speed and YAC ability and would be good slot recievers. Except for Collie that kid is a stud he is capable of being #1 or #2 reciever with time.

Because they are all game breakers that will be available in mid rounds so we won't have to spend all the money on a playmaker.Why do you think we don't have the money to spend on big time defensive player? Because we have so much money tied up in our non-producing offense, you think our new staff is going to want to tie up all that cap money in a 1st round WR, your sadly mistaken lad ! As for why we would want to get one of these guys when we have who we have.
    It is so simple, Avery and Burton are good young prospects YES. Holt we don't know if he'll be on team and even if he is, he won't be around much longer. Bennett is a red zone threat at best, if he's healthy or even on team next year. Looker, I like the guy but come on he's a number 4 reciever, without breakaway speed or YAC ability. Stanley has shown heart, but lacks size, he got knocked out cold twice last year from big hits.
    I listed those 3 guys because in my eyes they all have the speed and YAC ability and would be good slot recievers. Except for Collie that kid is a stud he is capable of being #1 or #2 reciever with time.
    Do you really believe it's that simple?

Pick up one of these guys in the mid rounds and they will be game breaking wide recievers.

If your theory is right then I think the Rams should give away the 2nd overall pick and try and get a 2nd and 3rd round pick(or are these too high and they should consider going lower?). The Rams can save alot of money.... No need to draft so high since great talent is available in the mid rounds like you said....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast