Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Dominating D is offline Registered User

Re: Recievers don't get you to the superbowl !!

Quote Originally Posted by SJacks039 View Post
    Yea i was talking about an obvious opinion for me. I'm not including anyone else.
    Was David Tyree a top 3 reciever in the draft?The pats avg. 36.8 points/game they scored 14 in the SB so if the patriots would have had one more Wr they could have scored 20? Ur not makin sense.The G-men don't have a chance if they don't put together a good scheme and tear the best Oline in 2007 apart(all spags)
    No the D doesnt always win it and i dont have any numbers to prove what I'm sayin so call me an idiot. But i see what i see and It seems to start with defense and a good running game for superbowl winning teams.

I'm not sure i follow i thought we were talking about winning superbowls not just getting there and losing after having a big game(owens,fitz,moss). Not numbers. I never said our team was going to suck if it took crabtree i just think a good foundation for a team in shambles starts with physicality on D and on the OL. Again MY OPINION. not speakin for anyone cept me.
    Your not an idiot... I just do not follow all of your examples? The title of this thread is Recievers don't get you to the superbowl!! So your talk about winning superbowls I just do not get it? What is your point? If your point is that you want the Rams to build a Physical D I am all for that where do I sign up. However, I am not naive enough to think that you neglect the other side of the ball and if the best talent availble is a WR then you select him and build your D with the other rounds and free agency and next years draft.

Go Rams

Chase the Eagles Fan is offline Registered User

I'm getting kinda tired of talking about this subject...there isn't going to be anybody that get's swayed here...

The Cards had Boldin since 2003 and Fitz since 2004...

They always sucked and it wasn't until their defense started playing well (for like 5 f'n games) and their quarterback situation was settled that they actually started winning games...and just because they got this far this season does not mean they are the model to build a franchise around...there are more Top 5 selected receivers sitting at home in the playoffs than there actually playing the games...

KappaSig is offline Registered User

If I remember correctly Mcnabb and the eagles couldn't get to the big dance until they brought in the annoying big-game time receiver. Then they get to the big one, blow it, but they got there. After T.O., no superbowl for Mcnabb. Just a hint that a superstar at any position can make a difference.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SJacks039 View Post

I'm not sure i follow i thought we were talking about winning superbowls not just getting there and losing after having a big game(owens,fitz,moss). Not numbers. I never said our team was going to suck if it took crabtree i just think a good foundation for a team in shambles starts with physicality on D and on the OL. Again MY OPINION. not speakin for anyone cept me.
    Please read title again.

"Recievers don't get you to the superbowl!!"

Chase the Eagles Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KappaSig View Post
    If I remember correctly Mcnabb and the eagles couldn't get to the big dance until they brought in the annoying big-game time receiver. Then they get to the big one, blow it, but they got there. After T.O., no superbowl for Mcnabb. Just a hint that a superstar at any position can make a difference.

No offense, but you remembered incorrectly.

We went the NFC Conference game three years in a row and lost without T.O. in 2001 vs. Rams, 2002 vs. Bucs and 2003 vs. Panthers...

we sign Terrell Owens in 2004...he's injured in Week 14 against the Dallas Cowboys, the doctors believe his season is done...we sit the starters the next two games vs. Rams and then vs. Bengals at home. We lose both of them and finish the season 13-3.

We go into the playoffs with homefield advantage (which we had in 2 out of the previous 3 years) and a first round bye...we beat Minnesota (Culpepper and Moss) in the Divisonal Round and Atlanta (Vick and Dunn) in the conference game...without T.O.

Our starters for both of those games were Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston, neither player is currently in the NFL.

We go to the Super Bowl and God bless him, T.O. defies the medical experts and is able to play...and like you said, we blew it...with T.O.

So we got over the hump (the conference championship) without him...we lost the Super Bowl with him...

:cue thread title:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234