Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ZiaRam
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram

Thread: Redskins' Haslett forced to deny QB talk after fan's report

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Redskins' Haslett forced to deny QB talk after fan's report

Inadvertently, Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett might have given away a glimpse at his team's offseason plans at quarterback.
    Meet Rod Denny, who earlier this month was in Hampton Roads, Va., for his 16-year-old daughter's volleyball tournament. During a stay at a local hotel, Denny spotted Haslett during breakfast. As a lifelong Redskins fan, Denny couldn't let such an opportunity pass without at least saying hello.

HQ video delivered by

The innocuous greeting eventually turned into a meeting of two football minds, during which Haslett apparently divulged the team's offseason philosophy. It just happens that Denny has his own fan blog devoted to the Redskins under the nom de plume of "Rodskins" and later wrote a fan post detailing his conversation with Haslett.

Denny's scoops included how the Redskins aren't particularly interested in free agent-to-be quarterback Matt Flynn, are looking into acquiring Peyton Manning and would seriously consider a trade with the St. Louis Rams to move up to the No. 2 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.
    Naturally, a post this juicy caught the attention of team beat writers. The Washington Times contacted Haslett, who told the newspaper that "this must be a joke."

The Washington Post also called, and Haslett again rejected the notion that he had inside knowledge of the team's plans at quarterback.

"I don't know what our plans are," Haslett said. "I worry about the D."

This all came as a surprise to Denny, who insisted he wasn't trying to play "gotcha journalism."
    "When I saw it was getting this much publicity I felt bad, and my wife got on me about it too," Denny told WLZL-FM last week, via The Post. "I had no intention of going undercover or getting him in trouble or anything like that."
    Denny, a pastor from Charlotte, N.C., added that he wasn't bothered by Haslett's denial.
    "If that were me and I found out some guy had put it out on the airwaves, I would probably deny it too," he said. "Basically all it was was two guys talking football, and I really had no idea that it would be this big."

Re: Redskins' Haslett forced to deny QB talk after fan's report

If there is any truth to this we might be able to getting in a bidding war with the Redskins and Browns!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    If there is any truth to this we might be able to getting in a bidding war with the Redskins and Browns!
    I hope there already getting ready for it
    ZiaRam likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I wonder if they just feel like Flynn will not want to go to the Skins? I mean, EG3 is more like Elway, aka the reason why Fantasy Lucifer is actually relevant, but Flynn has shown that he can actualy get it done in the NFL, against two playoff teams. The guy almost outdueled Brady in a shootout in Foxboro!

As long as Peyton is set free and not traded, which I assume he will be, I highly doubt that he'll pick the Skins, no matter what the money is. His little brother just won his second ring, Peyton's going for the best team he can find for a run at a ring.

So, that leaves them with Orton, Campbell(again), or RG3. Hope for the last one!
    I believe!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I wonder if they just feel like Flynn will not want to go to the Skins? I mean, EG3 is more like Elway, aka the reason why Fantasy Lucifer is actually relevant, but Flynn has shown that he can actualy get it done in the NFL, against two playoff teams. The guy almost outdueled Brady in a shootout in Foxboro!

As long as Peyton is set free and not traded, which I assume he will be, I highly doubt that he'll pick the Skins, no matter what the money is. His little brother just won his second ring, Peyton's going for the best team he can find for a run at a ring.

So, that leaves them with Orton, Campbell(again), or RG3. Hope for the last one!
    I believe!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post

The thing I hear about the Skins plans relate more to Shanhan's job security. RG3 will offer a more upside type of solution for a year or two rather than finding out Flynn is next year's Kevin Kolb. That would get Shanahan fired on the spot more than likely as Snyder is an impatient type owner. Plus if RG3 is the next Cam Newton that will fill seats, adding to the money take. So bottom line, I really believe the Skins want RG3 with an outside shot at Manning. Of course Manning would want to be there and I don't think he fits Shanahan's offensive scheme. Better news for us.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I hope there already getting ready for it
    You kidding me? The moustache lives for things like this? lol

How sweet would it be if we got both Clevland's 1st's (with the 4th overall get Blackmon) and get another top prospect which is exactly inline with the draft trade value chart, then when bidding happens we get like another 4th rounder and Joshua Cribbs? lol I'd go coocoo for coco puffs!!!