Thread: Reggie Bush

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Reggie Bush

Any takers if he is cut by the Saints?

I know he has had a knock of being scared to take a hit, but we already have that RB in SJ39

He has exceptional speed to go along with exceptional hands and could thrive I think in McD's offense.

thoughts?

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Re: Reggie Bush

As a spell back might be intriguing actually.. can be dangerous on special teams as well. That being said i havn't really seen too much from him that gets me too excited about him running the rock. Maybe a change of scenery would help him out. Also he would have to come cheap otherwise not worth it IMO.
    Defence Wins Championships

shower beers is offline Registered User

He's due to make around $11M this year, so there is a chance he may be let go. However, I'm not sure he'll take much less than that on the open market, or will at least ask for enough to scare away a lot of teams. I think we pass in that situation.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I've seen a lot of Reggie, living in New Orleans these last 5 years. I am so vastly underwhelmed by him that I am actually surprised when he manages to get anything decent in terms of positive yards outside of special teams. Most people in New Orleans know this too, and they will claim he leads the league in sideline-to-sideline yards, pretty much true.

I would say there have to be better backups, Bush is just a flashy name, he isn't a great player.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    He's due to make around $11M this year, so there is a chance he may be let go. However, I'm not sure he'll take much less than that on the open market, or will at least ask for enough to scare away a lot of teams. I think we pass in that situation.
    I don't know how he could possibly justify asking for anything close to an $11m salary. He has never once earned the starting role on his team, nor looked like he deserved it. If he were to ask for a salary that would put him as one of the top 5 running backs in the league, teams wouldn't be scared off, they would just laugh and tell him to come back when he has a more realistic picture of his worth.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The problem with a guy like Bush is that some team will overpay him. Let's hope the Rams are not that team.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I agree that the Rams could use another offensive threat - someone who can strike fear into opposing defenses any time said player is on the field. Reggie Bush is that type of player - a guy who defenses must respect due to his speed, elusiveness, and ability to score any time he touches the ball. That said, Reggie is vastly overpaid IMO, as his production is not commensurate with his salary. I would like to see the Rams invest in a smaller really fast rb with good receiving skills who could create matchup problems for opposing DCs. This may well be addressed in round three or four of the draft ..

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The problem with a guy like Bush is that some team will overpay him. Let's hope the Rams are not that team.
    There always does seem to be a team, whether it's to appease the fans, or for some other reason. Where stupidity(naivety) seems to prevail over commom sense?