View Poll Results: Reggie Bush in Horns?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emphatic Yes

17 65.38%
  • Emphatic No

9 34.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Reggie Bush

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Reggie Bush

I personally still have not given up on him. The guy has boat loads of talent and untapped potential, he has just had an injury plagued career to date. However, I think he is the perfect compliment for SJ39, nonetheless a perfect RB for McDaniels' system. Imagine Reggie out of the backfield catching passes, which McD would love? This signing would be a huge move in my opinion.

Also, all this stuff from Sean Payton is clearly posturing to not appear to be the bad guy, Reggie Bush is as good as gone in NOLA.

So with this, I pose the question to you all, WHEN Reggie is cut by the Saints for not re-structuring his contract, should our St Louis Rams take a shot and sign him once free agency opens?

Lets not forget this play, which I consider one of the greatest plays I have ever witnessed live in my life.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Reggie Bush

I would like to have Reggie Bush, as a short term answer for our RB issue but depending on how the enforcement of the CBA pans out will really determine his outcome here in St. Louis but I'd like to see him give us a nice insight when we're facing the Saints.
    I'll pick him up for scatback money but I wouldn't trade him for 2012 draft picks.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I didn't vote, because I am not emphatic either way. If we can get him for the right price, sure would love to add him. But I don't want to spend a large chunk of our FA money on a backup scat back, even though I would love to see what McD could come up with with all of those new toys.

So my answer: Depends.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I'd like to pick him up once he's cut, hopefully the money we saved from OJ allows us to do just that.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

this is a tricky situation...first reggie has to accept a minimum role...next he will have to accept the low salary that goes along with that role but i feel like he will b a great fit...i just think another team can offer a bigger role and a higher salary than us

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    this is a tricky situation...first reggie has to accept a minimum role...next he will have to accept the low salary that goes along with that role but i feel like he will b a great fit...i just think another team can offer a bigger role and a higher salary than us
    i actually feel like we could offer him a significant role. McDaniels loves two back systems, plus his catching ability will make him even more valuable. My family who lives in New Orleans also told me that Reggie Bush, despite not yet living up to his potential, is considered somewhat of an icon there. They told me that the people of NOLA are going to be really upset to see him go. Said that next to Drew Brees, he is the most liked player, does alot for the community there.

Also, anyone remember this draft video? I remember being 16 and thinking this was the coolest introduction to any draft. I still am of the belief that Reggie Bush will do big things in the NFL. He is still ONLY 26.

Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -05-02-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added more

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

as pointed to in another thread we can dangle 2 times vs nolan a year heehhehe

I have changed my mind, imagine that. I absolutely want to sign Reggie Bush, and here is why;

1. I have come to terms that we won't be adding a big name receiver.
    2. I don't think we need to pay big money to a guard, I think Greco will be a solid player.
    3. He will be S Jax's change of pace, and extend Jax' career by a few years
    4. He can spread out wide and be just as effective as nearly every wide receiver on our roster.
    5. He'll be our best punt returner since Az-Zahir Hakim.
    Last edited by C-Mob 71; -05-03-2011 at 12:07 AM.

I got to believe that something triggered the Rams to suddenly lose all interest in drafting a RB. If any of you guys followed interview by interview with Billy up to the draft, the position mentioned even more than receiver was RB. I truly feel that they have someone in mind that they feel is better than using a pick on an unproven back. Whether this is Reggie Bush (fingers crossed) or not remains to be seen, but you all have to agree that something must be afoot. Let free agency open!

PLUS, why wouldnt the Rams wanna see this on Sundays!

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    I got to believe that something triggered the Rams to suddenly lose all interest in drafting a RB. If any of you guys followed interview by interview with Billy up to the draft, the position mentioned even more than receiver was RB. I truly feel that they have someone in mind that they feel is better than using a pick on an unproven back. Whether this is Reggie Bush (fingers crossed) or not remains to be seen, but you all have to agree that something must be afoot. Let free agency open!

PLUS, why wouldnt the Rams wanna see this on Sundays!
    Good point, maybe as soon as the Saints selected Ingram, the Rams shifted their focus to Reggie.

Perhaps the Rams will sign him as a QB so he can wear number 5

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Good point, maybe as soon as the Saints selected Ingram, the Rams shifted their focus to Reggie.

Perhaps the Rams will sign him as a QB so he can wear number 5
    That is my hope at least.

Haha . Had to create a jersey with his throwback number because of the NFLs strict rules, you cannot put Bush and the number 25 on a non-saints jersey. And wanted to show my cause in my avatar

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

The question should be why wouldn't we want Reggie Bush on our team?
    Wonderful punt returner, 3rd downer, maybe kick off returner as well with the new kickoff rules now. Heck that is like he would be on the field 3 plays as a starting RB. Alot of value there.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    The question should be why wouldn't we want Reggie Bush on our team?
    I'll answer that with:

- He may be looking for a starter's payday
    - Future draft picks at stake if we're striding to get him
    - Character concerns (minor but potentially disturbing)
    - Possibly injury prone (see 2010 season injury vs. Whiners)

Still, I see all of his upsides outweighing his downsides with the exception of possibly wanting a Duke's Ransom. If he's reasonable about it, then we should go for him.
    Last edited by Flippin' Ram; -05-03-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: additional reasons

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    i actually feel like we could offer him a significant role. McDaniels loves two back systems, plus his catching ability will make him even more valuable. My family who lives in New Orleans also told me that Reggie Bush, despite not yet living up to his potential, is considered somewhat of an icon there. They told me that the people of NOLA are going to be really upset to see him go. Said that next to Drew Brees, he is the most liked player, does alot for the community there.

Also, anyone remember this draft video? I remember being 16 and thinking this was the coolest introduction to any draft. I still am of the belief that Reggie Bush will do big things in the NFL. He is still ONLY 26.
    How are you going to run a 2 back system with a feature back?

Jackson is already going to sacrifice 5-10 rushing att per game. Although he will gain some receptions in that span. I just dont understand how we can even do a 60%-40% rushing spilt. it will more likely be 80%-20%

QuinnMan is offline Registered User

Reggie Bush would be exciting to see this year in The Horns when the defense isn't on the field!
    THOLTFAN81 and ZiaRam like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast