Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OrlandoPaceIsMyHero is offline Registered User

Reggie Bush Pro Day Numbers...

I just found this on a USC message board and it seems credible...

Bush:
    24 reps @ 225 lbs
    40.5" verticle
    10'8" broad jump
    40 times - 4.33 & 4.37 (fastest among RB's so far)

Dominique Byrd 16 reps, 36" verticle, 9'8" broad (wow, compare to Reggie's 24 reps...)
    Taitusi Lutui 26 reps, 32" verticle, 8'6" broad
    Fred Matua 25 reps, 30" verticle, 8'7" broad

Justice: 39" vert and 38 reps
    Lendale White - 15 reps and nothing else
    Buchanon: sub 4.40 40

Reggie Bush is an absolute beast... I know that you can't convert reps of 225 directly to bench maxes, but I would think that this suggests that he maxes somewhere in the 350-400 region... And his explosive strength (broad jump, verticle jump) is ridiculous!

If Winston Justice really did get a 39'' verticle then that is absurd...

-OPIMH
    Last edited by OrlandoPaceIsMyHero; -04-02-2006 at 05:30 PM.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Reggie Bush Pro Day Numbers...

Dang. Byrd isn't that strong.
    RamsFan16

rampete is offline Registered User

QB Matt Leinart...broad jump - 9-5...vertical 37.0...40 times...did not run

HB Reggie Bush...broad jump - 10-8...vertical 40.5...40 times 4.33 and 4.39...24 reps at 225 lbs

HB LenDale White...15 reps at 225 lbs...40 time - *decided not to run because of a hamstring problem

TE Dominique Byrd...broad jump - 9-8...vertical 36.0...40 times 4.79 and 4.81...16 reps at 225 lbs

OG Duece Lutui...broad jump - 8-5...vertical 32.0...40 times 5.34 and 5.40...26 reps at 225 lbs

OG Fred Matua...broad jump - 8-7...vertical 30.5...25 reps at 225 lbs...40 times 5.06 and 5.19

OT Winston Justice...broad jump - ....vertical 39.0...38 reps at 225 lbs...40 time - 5.25 with a pulled calf

DE Frosty Rucker...broad jump - 9-8...vertical 35.1...19 reps at 225 lbs

SS Darnell Bing...broad jump -10.4...vertical 38.0...40 times 4.53 and 4.63...21 reps at 225 lbs

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

Did Lendale White run at all this offseason. I don't think he ran at all at the combine and now he couldn't run at his pro day. Either he is horrendously slow or just injured. I think he slides down to the late first round now.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

With Justice showing great athletisism today he might be the Lions pick meaning Mr. Huff may fall to us

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

White didn't run at the combine. That isn't good for him at all. People were saying the scouts groaned when he took his shirt off to be weighed then. So they've got virtually no measurables, the guy looks flabby, and even speedsters like Maurice Drew and Joseph Addai benched more reps (18 each) than he did (15).

I've been hoping Justice would have a good showing. Looks like he did.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Justice's bench is outstanding. Best among all OTs that I know about by a LARGE margin. I think D'Brick only had mid 20s. Combine that with a pretty good vertical, and he could be a top ten pick at this point. I'd like to hear how he did in positional drills before pushing him up there though. The question with Justice has never been a lack of physical tools, but his technique.

I bet after Bush's freak numbers, the Houston Texan people in attendance began contract negotiations right then and there. No way he's not the first overall pick after that.

LenDale White looks like a late first rounder at this point. Disappointing upper body strength, and the mystery about his forty time remains since he's decided not to run at either the combine or his pro day. The Carolina Panthers are probably wondering if there's a legit chance he's on the board in the bottom first. Heck, maybe even Pittsburgh is too.

Dom Byrd's numbers were disappointing. He was never the most athletic of the USC players, and this just kind of confirms that. Talking to some USC fans, Byrd was actually subbed out of some run packages so that a better blocker could be put in. Doesn't really sound like the kind of guy we want, but when you watch him on the field, he has a tendency to just show up and surprise you.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Just as an additional note, if Justice does grade out as a top ten pick, there's no reason why the Bills wouldn't take him ahead of Detroit. They don't have much of another at OT, and could conceivably get good DT help in the later rounds. That still leaves Huff right there for Detroit if they want him, which even though the Tampa 2 may not require great safeties, it'd be hard to turn one down.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Entirely possible. I just like to see players we're not likely to draft entering the consideration of teams who might draft players we want. Since the top tier of QBs seems pretty well set, no receivers seemed likely to rise that far, and there was an unusual glut of high end backs available in free agency, I figured Justice was the best bet if any offensive player would move up there. It seems to me, the odds we take Ngata just got better.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

While I'm sure that Justice's vertical is indicative of his overall athleticism, I'm finding it difficult to imagine a situation in which it would be important for an OT to jump high.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    While I'm sure that Justice's vertical is indicative of his overall athleticism, I'm finding it difficult to imagine a situation in which it would be important for an OT to jump high.
    Maybe the Raiders should take him. I hear Aaron Brooks likes to throw to a big target at the tackle position.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Nick -- where are the two USC guards projected to go? It seems like the interior lineman class is also fairly deep this year, along with the LB and OT classes.

The latest word on Lendale is that he'll be running at a private workout the weekend before the draft. He showed up at 244 lbs., but his playing weight is five to ten pounds less than that and he looked out of shape. He supposedly tweaked an old hamstring injury while doing bench press drills. Some of the scouts questioned his work ethic and seemed to think he wasn't taking this seriously enough. As one put it, "We all know he's a game-day player, but his attitude was nonchalant. He's got this sense of entitlement - he just doesn't get it." Also, he only beat Punter Tom Malone by one rep in the bench press.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -04-03-2006 at 09:35 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

He supposedly tweaked an old hamstring injury while doing bench press drills.
    He tweaked a hamstring (ie. leg muscle) while benching (ie. chest exercise)?!?!?!?!

Can anybody explain that one to me?

Some of the scouts questioned his work ethic and seemed to think he wasn't taking this seriously enough. As one put it, "We all know he's a game-day player, but his attitude was nonchalant. He's got this sense of entitlement - he just doesn't get it.
    Very surprising. You would think a guy who's had to live in the shadow of Bush for three years would want to show the world just how good he is. Unless he shows up ready to go at his private practice, he could find himself in the 2nd round.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    He tweaked a hamstring (ie. leg muscle) while benching (ie. chest exercise)?!?!?!?!

Can anybody explain that one to me?

Very surprising. You would think a guy who's had to live in the shadow of Bush for three years would want to show the world just how good he is. Unless he shows up ready to go at his private practice, he could find himself in the 2nd round.
    Beats me. I guess it takes talent, but that's what his uncle told the Denver Post. Apparently that nasty hamstring is so vital to his benching ability, it's also the reason he had so few reps. I've seen other articles that say it was an injury sustained during combine exercises. It sounds to me like the guy is just as out of shape as his weight and appearance would suggest.

The L.A. Daily News offers this quote from Lendale on his poor performance at the Pro Day: "They will be yakking about me on draft day. I'll be the man. I did what I could do. I'm not going to pull (my hamstring) more so when I go to mini-camp, I'll be out." Say what? If he really said that, I agree--he just doesn't get it.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -04-03-2006 at 10:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast