Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alec22 is offline Registered User

Report: Browns, Bills in pursuit of 33rd pick

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Bills and Browns have contacted the Rams about the No. 33 overall pick.

"Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy in play," Schefter adds. The top remaining offensive linemen -- Charles Brown, Rodger Saffold, and Vlad Ducasse -- could also be "in play" for tackle-needy Buffalo. The Browns would figure to be targeting a passer. Cleveland, in particular, has the ammunition to move up. Mike Holmgren's club may want to move ahead of the Chiefs, slotted at No. 36 and rumored to have Jimmy Clausen high on their draft board. Apr. 23 - 12:22 pm et

Carolina is also said to have interest in Colt McCoy.
    With Kindle off the board (essentially) i think it would be smart for the rams to drop back some sports in the 2nd, hopefully get a guy like price and pick up another top 120 pick.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Re: Report: Browns, Bills in pursuit of 33rd pick

I think we make the Browns give us two 2nds and a 3rd, and tell them to enjoy that 33rd

Browns5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TylerBishop View Post
    I think we make the Browns give us two 2nds and a 3rd, and tell them to enjoy that 33rd

and Cleveland would probably just laugh and hang up the phone and move on to Minnesota

the most St.Louis might get is a 5th or 2 from cleveland

and as far as been thats reported unlike in the OP cleveland isnt interested in taking either QB today

SLSG Guest

I would settle for their 3rd and swap 2nds.

Browns5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SLSG View Post
    I would settle for their 3rd and swap 2nds.

the thing is Cleveland wouldnt nor would they need to give up a 3rd
    theres about 10-15 guys still left in the draft who would be 1st round picks any other year if they can move up for little to nothing they will if they cant, they will stay put and still get a very good player

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If I'm the Rams, I'm holding out for a third round pick in any trade down scenario. Price may be a bit steep, but that's how the cookie crumbles when you're holding the top pick of round two and teams have had the night to reevaluate their boards.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If I'm the Rams, I'm holding out for a third round pick in any trade down scenario. Price may be a bit steep, but that's how the cookie crumbles when you're holding the top pick of round two and teams have had the night to reevaluate their boards.
    I agree. Perhaps I'd take #4 if it were a question of moving down 2-3 spots, but much more than that, and I want a #3.

poejoe8 Guest

I'd wait until right before the draft tonight, I bet some team comes calling with a good offer for that spot.

Browns5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poejoe8 View Post
    I'd wait until right before the draft tonight, I bet some team comes calling with a good offer for that spot.

if you consider getting an extra 4th or 5th good
    but other then that highly doubtful

poejoe8 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Browns5 View Post
    if you consider getting an extra 4th or 5th good
    but other then that highly doubtful
    We'll see.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Brown5 under your assumption no trades would ever happen homie. The patriots by moving down acquired what an extra two 2nd Rounders by doing nothing! I'd say for sure we get at least an extra 3rd for our 2nd rounder

SLSG Guest

I would rather pick BPA that settle for an additional 4th. A third or better would be the only way I trade down.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I'm probably wrong but I think we have a chance of commanding a great return because there could be multiple teams in play.

Sure Tampa shouldn't have to pay as much as the Browns and they shouldn't have to pay as much as the Bills but Clausen is a prize at the top of round two and a team wanting to move up a few may have to pay as much as a team wanting to move up a lot.

When all is said and done I look forward to the day when we don't have so many needs and can be one of those teams that trades up to get better quality players.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Devaney was on Sat Radio and said he was sure the Rams wouldn't trade down in the first round. He's just as sure they will trade down in the second.

If it's Cleveland or Buffalo, it sounds like they'll get just a 3rd round pick. Baltimore moved down almost 20 picks and only got a multiple grouping of picks from the 2nd to the 4th. If the Rams move down 6 and get a 3rd rounder it'll be HUGE!

From what I've heard (from someone at Rams park) the 6 guys the Rams like are Benn, Tate, Cook, Griffen, Campbell and Mays. If they go down 6 spots, the theory is they'll get one of those guys. If they go down 3 to Kansas City, look for them to trade down again because likely one of those 6 will still be there at the 9th pick.

Kansas City is the dark horse with the Weis / Clausen connection. Supposedly Cassel's contract allows an out after next season.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -04-23-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

I imagine that as many as 5+ teams are seriously talking to the rams about #33 right now, i think that their might just be someone desperate enough to swap #2's and give a 3rd, not to mention CLE has multiples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast