throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Report: Browns 'pretty likely' to attempt to trade up to No. 2

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Report: Browns 'pretty likely' to attempt to trade up to No. 2

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Yeah, and he is still as frail as a hurdler....

Vick is once in a generation athlete --- RGIII is a system guy....with good speed...

RGIII DOES NOT HAVE A ROCKET ARM CLOSE TO VICK, NEWTON, OR EVEN PAT WHITE....

TOO MUCH RISK
    And neither does Brees... he seems to make it work. You know who else had a rocket arm? JaMarcus Russell.

It doesn't matter if you can heave it 100 yards if you can't place it. Hence White and Vick's issues. Newton at least has some accuracy to him, but not as much as RG3.

Risk, of course there is risk. Andrew Luck, Kalil and Blackmon all have risk too.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

I believe!

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    And neither does Brees... he seems to make it work. You know who else had a rocket arm? JaMarcus Russell.

It doesn't matter if you can heave it 100 yards if you can't place it. Hence White and Vick's issues. Newton at least has some accuracy to him, but not as much as RG3.

Risk, of course there is risk. Andrew Luck, Kalil and Blackmon all have risk too.

But Brees has HUGE HAND SIZE and may be one of the most accurate QBs in the history of the NFL....

RG3 will be lucky to have an career close to Vicks....

RGIII risk as a top 5 pick is greater than any player in many years....

RGIII is an undersized, spread QB, with limited experience in NFL style ....

I think he will be ok, probably better than Colt McCoy no doubt...but could he start Game 1 for any of team in the NFL ? probably not....2 year project..

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, and he is still as frail as a hurdler....

Vick is once in a generation athlete --- RGIII is a system guy....with good speed...

RGIII DOES NOT HAVE A ROCKET ARM CLOSE TO VICK, NEWTON, OR EVEN PAT WHITE....

TOO MUCH RISK
    I think that, as a Rams fan, what you meant to say was:

"RGIII is a once in a generation QB prospect! He has all the tools to be a Hall of Fame QB in the NFL!!! The Browns, Redskins and Dolphins should offer the Rams as much as possible for the #2 pick to ensure that they don't miss out on that guy!"

And, of course, you should be saying that on Browns, Redskins and Dolphins boards on the off chance that one of their Front Office people might be reading.
    Nick and Rammed like this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I have yet to see any mock draft projection of the Vikes taking Blackmon, so I think if we drop to #4 we're safely assured of being able to draft JB, barring a complete disaster at the Combine or his Pro-Day.

Go Rams!
    even if they did we could draft Claiborne or Kalil(both who are probably rated higher than JB) and get a receiver with the 22nd or 32nd pick.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think that, as a Rams fan, what you meant to say was:

"RGIII is a once in a generation QB prospect! He has all the tools to be a Hall of Fame QB in the NFL!!! The Browns, Redskins and Dolphins should offer the Rams as much as possible for the #2 pick to ensure that they don't miss out on that guy!"

And, of course, you should be saying that on Browns, Redskins and Dolphins boards on the off chance that one of their Front Office people might be reading.
    Haha.....ok, if it helps...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think the quick success of Cam Newton has overvalued RGIII.....Matt Barkley's absence from the draft also is giving this kid more credit than he is due...

He isn't as good an athlete as Michael Vick and he will measure at 6ft or so, just like Vick....He isn't that freak athletic talent with Vick's combo or speed and juke moves....

He also doesn't have the strength of Cam Newton/Big Ben....That leaves us with a 6ft QB than needs to be accurate the way Drew Brees is....and that's not happening.....

I am glad I am not in the Browns situation....because I would NO WAY wasted the #2 or #4 pick on this kid and I would focus on building a team and adding a QB that is in the league (vet/flynn/manning/etc) until I can get someone worth investing a long term deal into....

Teabow showed that an organization drafting a QB that isn't very accurate or a natural passer can be a long developmental process with many headaches to come......

RGIII will be an expensive project with many, many headaches along the way.....

Obviously, he is still probably an upgrade over Colt McCoy...but I would rather have Matt Flynn or even
    Colin Kaepernick.....

Is RGIII really anything different than Terrell Pryor ??????????????
    I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about, no offence. First off, RG3 is every bit as athletic as Michael Vick if not more! Secondly, he is faster than Cam Newton, and has something we DO NOT typically see if running QB's, killer accuracy. The only problems with him is his lack of experience in an NFL offense (95% of QB's coming out of college have the same issue) and he is undersized.

I'll take RGIII over Cam Newton and Michael Vick every day of the week.
    TekeRam and Rammed like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12