Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Report: Browns willing to trade up in draft for Manziel

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Report: Browns willing to trade up in draft for Manziel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Sure, it would be great to get a #1 next year, but no reason to be greedy about it. If we want clowney, it might be a different story, but i am not sure.

general counsel
    I don't think Les makes the deal if there's no first rounder for next year. And I do want to spread out the picks so we have a more stable cap situation down the road rather than having to deal with several high priced contracts in 1 off-season.

Go Rams!

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I wouldn't swap picks with anyone in the top 6 unless we're getting a future 1st and 2nd rounder out of it. IMO any spot out of the top 8 would require multiple 1st rounders

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

By the way, I know the Browns don't have a head coach, and that means you may have to take this with a pinch of salt.

But it's worth noting that the Browns owner thinks he needs to show the fan base that he is serious about improving this team. He sent out an open letter to the fans after all of the top HC candidates took positions elsewhere, leaving the Browns as the only team currently without a HC. He also let the good quality coordinators he had in place (Norv Turner, Ray Horton) leave to other teams, showing no desire to keep them. Haslem is desperate to show the fans that he is wanting to improve the team. By coming out and saying that he wants to trade up for Manziel, he is hoping to achieve that. At the end of the day, he wants the Browns fans to come to games, to buy season tickets. I'm not saying that this makes the report true, but if any franchise in the NFL is going to do something like this at the moment, it's the Browns.

Anyway, whoever ends up as HC of the Browns may not have control over personnel decisions, so it may not matter what they think ultimately! That may be the sticking point as to why they haven't been able to find someone so far too...

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Anyway, whoever ends up as HC of the Browns may not have control over personnel decisions, so it may not matter what they think ultimately! That may be the sticking point as to why they haven't been able to find someone so far too...
    Bingo! If the Browns' owner is besotted with Manziel, it is more likely than not he'll find a head coaching candidate who professes a similar love. Right now we are in the smoke and mirrors faze, and this could go down to the wire. Conversely if a team were to cut a deal early with the Texans, it would help narrow down both teams free agency pursuals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12