Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By xpmar9x

Thread: Report: DL Jason Jones to get no more than 1 year deal from Tenn

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Report: DL Jason Jones to get no more than 1 year deal from Tenn

Per Rotoworld:

The Titans are not expected to offer free agent DL Jason Jones more than a one-year deal.

Jones struggled in first-year DL coach Tracy Rocker's scheme after being forced from tackle to end. It's possible that he'll be one of the better values on the 2012 free agent market. Only 25 years old, Jones has shown the ability to be one of the league's top three-technique defensive tackles. He played that position for Jeff Fisher from 2008-2010, and may draw interest from the Rams.
    Love everything that I bolded. Think he would be an amazing signing, and significantly improve our front four.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Report: DL Jason Jones to get no more than 1 year deal from Tenn

I'd love it, but I wouldn't give him a big deal. Jones has been one of my favourite players in the NFL for whatever reason. But our problem is stopping the run, not rushing the passer. I would love to see us add Jones though.

With Spags' scheme we didn't need DT's who could collapse the pocket because 80% of the time (excluding downs where runs were more likely) we had Quinn, Hall, Sims, Long out there. I see that Williams prefers to have 3 down lineman rushing on passing downs, something like Quinn, Jones, Long would be terrifying to go along with the many DB's.

I say we go for him hard, but its not our main area of need. I'd go after a big NT as well, perhaps Aubrayo Franklin or look in the draft (Ta'amu, Poe)
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

A big NT is the more pressing need, and sadly the harder position to find. A productive space eater is hard to find, however (back to the original question), if he can be had for cheap, I say "why not"?

xpmar9x is offline Registered User

Jason Jones would be solid in your system. He's not a DE, all Titans fans (including me) wanted to see him as a DE. We all now admit, he's a DT. He has injury problems, but if he can stay healthy, he's a solid DT.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.