throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Report: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC "BADLY"

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Report: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC "BADLY"

OHHH YEAHH BABY! I've been saying lets go and get him in the FA market, but we could possible even pony up a late round pick and just grab him now, say a 5th or 6th?

" According to Yahoo's Jason Cole, Dwayne Bowe "very badly" wants out of Kansas City, but a team source tells the Palm Beach Post he's not being pursued by the Dolphins.Cole apparently intimated as much in a radio interview before tweeting, "I'm NOT reporting (Kansas City and Miami) are talking trade over Bowe. Not yet, at least." Playing under the franchise tag, Bowe is headed toward unrestricted free agency. With extra second- and third-round picks from the Vontae Davis and Brandon Marshall trades, the Dolphins would make sense as a trade partner, but players like Bowe are rarely shipped out mid-season. He could be franchised again ahead of a potential trade in the offseason. "

THE DREAM TEAM

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Report: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC "BADLY"

Definitely don't mind signing him, a conditional 6th round pick should do the trick with it turning into a 5th rounder depending on his production.

thermobee is offline Registered User

I would love it if we can get him for a 5th or 6th round pick. He improves our team immediately.

richtree is offline Registered User

Only if it was a sign and trade.....We can't guess on his contract and guess on Amendolas then have money to sign a Tackle in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Only if it was a sign and trade.....We can't guess on his contract and guess on Amendolas then have money to sign a Tackle in the draft
    If we trade a 4th for Bowe, pony up around 9-9.5 mill/year for him. We than re-sign Danny for about 4.5-6 mill/year. That should leave us with, what, another 20-25 million?

Then we can focus on our offensive line in the draft. We can take LT Luke Joeckel with our first (1st rounder) and take OG Chance Warmack with our second (1st rounder). Than if we feel Joeckel can play LT, slide him in there. If not, throw him in at RT, because Saffold is more than capable of holding down the LT spot.

THE DREAM TEAM

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i think a 5th or 6th rounder is too low for him. can`t see KC biting on that.

if we offer them enough to get him we need to safeguard ourselves from him just walking away in the offseason.
    jsimcox likes this.

Judaxi is offline Registered User

I am very torn on the idea of trading and signing Bowe. On one hand Bradford needs as many play makers as he can get, we definitely don't have a #1 at WR and he would make our team better. On the other hand Chris Givens has shown that he is progressing and can take the top off a defense. We spend a high pick on Quick who needs a little more time but has the tools to be very talented. If these guys pan out we could have two really good WR's for half the price of Bowe. I think I would like to wait the season out to see how these guys improve before committing to a huge contract on Bowe, especially because we need to get some O-Line help.

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    I am very torn on the idea of trading and signing Bowe. On one hand Bradford needs as many play makers as he can get, we definitely don't have a #1 at WR and he would make our team better. On the other hand Chris Givens has shown that he is progressing and can take the top off a defense. We spend a high pick on Quick who needs a little more time but has the tools to be very talented. If these guys pan out we could have two really good WR's for half the price of Bowe. I think I would like to wait the season out to see how these guys improve before committing to a huge contract on Bowe, especially because we need to get some O-Line help.
    I think those guys are good too, but I don't know if they can be #1 WR's. I mean, even if Bowe was absolutely terrible here, teams would still have to double team him or Amendola, freeing up guys like Givens and Kendricks. Pick your poison, we'll still kill you. Send Givens on a 9, Amendola on a stick route, Kendricks down the seam, Bowe on the deep comeback! Sounds pretty darn good to me

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think some of you are a bit off on what the price would likely be for Bowe.

I think the "market" price is somewhere between what we paid (5th round pick) for Brandon Lloyd (who, like Bowe, was a contractual "lame duck," but is also two years older than Bowe and not as physically gifted), and what the Bears paid (two third round picks) for Brandon Marshall (who is a comparable player to Lloyd, but did not have the same contract issues).

If I had to guess, I'd say that the price would be a third round pick or a combination of lower picks (i.e. a 4th and 5th over two years).
    laram0 likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

You don't rebuild a franchise by giving away 3rd or 4th round draft picks for the right to negotiate with players who are about to become free agents. If the Chiefs will trade him for a 6th, I'd take him. If they won't, I'll try and sign him in the offseason.

The Bears traded for Marshall because he was locked into a contract. That's far different than trading for a guy who could walk a few games later.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    You don't rebuild a franchise by giving away 3rd or 4th round draft picks for the right to negotiate with players who are about to become free agents. If the Chiefs will trade him for a 6th, I'd take him. If they won't, I'll try and sign him in the offseason.

The Bears traded for Marshall because he was locked into a contract. That's far different than trading for a guy who could walk a few games later.
    I agree, it would have to be for a sign and trade and not sure Dwayne Bowe wants out that bad that he will forgo the open market.

As for the Rams why do that now when you can wait and save draft picks. Unless Bowe will sign for something under market value and why would he with ten games to go?

Seems like a lot of moving parts to be a real consideration. But you never know.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Unless Bowe played LG in college I say pass.

I wouldn't be upset if we went after him but not a big fan of the move.
    BarronWade likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Unless Bowe played LG in college I say pass.
    I played "left out". Does that help?
    Nick_Weasel likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I agree, it would have to be for a sign and trade and not sure Dwayne Bowe wants out that bad that he will forgo the open market.
    He may never see the open market if Kansas City uses the franchise tag on him again after this season.

As long as the Rams could negotiate terms of an extension with Bowe as part of the trade so that he's here for the long term, I'd probably be okay with a third round pick.

He'd certainly be better positioned to have an immediate impact than any third round receiver you'd draft with that pick, and it would free the team up from (1) having to outbid other teams in free agency in an open market type situation and (2) spend an even more premium pick on the position in the draft.
    Rambos and laram0 like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I would be in favor for trading a 6th or 7th rounder for him but I don't know if I want to be attached to him and all his dropped passes long term.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast