Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Report: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC "BADLY"

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Report: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC "BADLY"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He may never see the open market if Kansas City uses the franchise tag on him again after this season.

As long as the Rams could negotiate terms of an extension with Bowe as part of the trade so that he's here for the long term, I'd probably be okay with a third round pick.

He'd certainly be better positioned to have an immediate impact than any third round receiver you'd draft with that pick, and it would free the team up from (1) having to outbid other teams in free agency in an open market type situation and (2) spend an even more premium pick on the position in the draft.
    No player can be franchised more than three times during his career... he will get there some day. (but he will be too old to get a big deal) so it does make sense.

I agree with you, I would give up a 3rd rounder to get him. Heck I think we need a receiver so bad and a vet now that I might even give up a second, considering we have four first round picks over the next two years.
    ManofGod likes this.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

I like Bowe the most of the possible WRs, but I wouldn't give more than a 4th for him. We can't afford to trade a 3rd or better and have him walk away. Plus there is a good chance he won't be traded and we can negotiate with him in the off season. If he does end up getting traded theres still Wallace or Jennings.

If it was a sign and trade I wouldn't hesitate on a 2nd or 3rd. Heck maybe even a first but teams usually don't have to give up that much for a disgruntle player.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I'd definitely give up a 4th, maybe even a 3rd, to get him but only on the condition that we get to negotiate with him beforehand. If we can resign him and Amendola, we might have enough dough left over to upgrade our OL (maybe Jake Long or Duane Brown) or Safety (Kenny Phillips?) positions. We can then use our 2 first round picks on a stud LB or OL. I really like that Teo kid from Notre Dame; even though he's an ILB I think he's versatile enough to play on the outside. I'd hate to use a pick on a WR because I don't think the WR class this year is that good, I'd much rather wait for next year and snatch up Marquise Lee from USC... he's scary good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12