Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ventesette is offline Registered User

Re: Report: Rams expressed serious interest in Osi.

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    yes agreed, I do think he will play MUCH better with his former DE, the Giants didn't lose much on the front 4, so I do wonder why his production dropped last year.
    They didn't lose much on the front 4? The last time Osi played effectively was the super bowl and they still had Strahan. Osi missed all of 2008 with a pre-season knee injury. Some say that's why he'll be better in 2010 - supposedly his injury takes more than a year to come back from. OTOH, the guy will be 29 before the season ends and has only started 16 games twice in his career. He may be on the downslide and the Rams 3rd is practically a 2nd. He still had 7 sacks last year, but he was not very stout against the run.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Because they barely understood Bill Sheridan's defensive system.
    ..and there's that.
    Last edited by Ventesette; -04-20-2010 at 06:24 AM.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Ventesette View Post
    OTOH, the guy will be 29 before the season ends and has only started 16 games twice in his career. He may be on the downslide and the Rams 3rd is practically a 2nd. He still had 7 sacks last year, but he was not very stout against the run.
    I can see him coming in as a situational rusher in the wake of Leonard Little's tenure as a Ram. I can see him coming in and doing for us what he did for Spagnuolo when he played for the Giants in terms of providing a consistent pass rush. If my memory serves me correctly, he was substituted out for Justin Tuck in some rush situations and Tuck moved inside to UT on passing downs.

Jared Odrick + Osi, anyone?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

New York Giants aren't looking to trade defensive end Osi Umenyiora during NFL draft, sources say
    BY Ralph Vacchiano
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
    Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 4:00 AM

Osi Umenyiora has demanded his starting job back and Mathias Kiwanuka is refusing to give it up. That's led many to believe there isn't room for both of them on the Giants. The Giants, though, appear to believe there is.

Despite rampant speculation that the Giants are planning to trade Umenyiora during this week's NFL draft, two league sources insisted Monday that the Giants are not actively shopping their Pro Bowl defensive end. A few weeks ago, one source said, they weren't even willing to entertain offers even though at least two teams - Carolina and St. Louis - would love to make a deal.

Even though Umenyiora has been outspoken this offseason - threatening to retire unless he's a starter again - the Giants believe he will eventually calm down and thrive under new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell. He'll also be two full years removed from knee surgery this season and - after a poor season in which he still managed seven sacks - the Giants believe he can regain his old form.

Umenyiora is also only 28, signed for three more years and for only $10.1 million, making it even more difficult for the Giants to consider trading him - even for a second-round pick. However, they have been looking into South Florida defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul - a player most scouts consider the best pass rusher in the draft.

If the Giants take Pierre-Paul at No. 15, there'll be even more speculation that Umenyiora could be traded heading into the second round of the draft on Friday.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

QRAM24 is offline Registered User

I would give up a 3rd easily for Osi. Of couse I would offer a 4th first but he would fill our DT spot. Draft Bradford and get a playmaker in the 2nd. Wow the Rams just got better.
    Also sign OJ and give him a multiyear contract so that it can be restructured and he doesnt get the 110% this year.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    HOLY>>>>IMAGINE THIS OSI - ROBBINS-HAYNESWORTH- LONG ....i would crap my pants ....
    Dont have to worry about that happening. The Rams FO would have to get off there asses to make a move, instead we'll just talk about our PLAN and how NO one in the NFL seems to fit in it.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Anyone have the e-spins insider?

Rams ready to push for Osi?

3:58PM ET
    Osi Umenyiora | Giants

Big Blue might be setting themselves up to trade the unhappy pass-rusher.

-Would be interested to see what the 'rumors' were saying. Spags & Osi... yes, please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12