Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Report: Reggie Bush Unlikely To Be A Saint In 2010

Per rotoworld:
    Yahoo's Jason Cole reports that the Saints do not plan on bringing back Reggie Bush in 2010.
    Bush's 2010 salary is $8 million -- an exorbitant amount for a change-of-pace back/special teamer. Citing a "Saints insider," Cole reports that GM Mickey Loomis doesn't want to pay Bush's salary even if 2010 is an uncapped season. Battling chronic knee problems, Bush has missed the Saints' last two games. He's averaged just 9.3 touches in his nine 2009 appearances.
    Due to his injuries, I am sure he would take a massive paycut to play somewhere. I would love for the Rams to offer him a contract, or atleast attempt to in the offseason should he be cut. We need a change of pace back, and punt returner. This would be an amazing addition in 2010 should he be cut. He has shown alot of flashes this year despite getting injured again

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Re: Report: Reggie Bush Unlikely To Be A Saint In 2010

I think he'll command too much money, but Devaney has said we need playmakers. If Bush has lived up to anything since coming into the NFL, it's that he's a playmaker. I'm not expecting us to sign him if he's available, but he certainly fits the criteria that Devaney is looking for.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I wouldnt mind him as a change of pace back really, but he would have to take a pretty big pay cut. I dont wanna pay an exurbanite amount for a guy that might only get about 12 touches a game.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

If Bush is willing to take a massive pay cut then I'm sure he would just stay with the Saints. I'm mean if you are going to work cheap you might as well work for a Super Bowl contender.

My guess is a team like the Rams would have to pay more than 8 million to get him.

Don't get me wrong I would love for us to sign him... but I'm doubtful it could happen.

Rice is offline Registered User

Bush - Patriots

shower beers is offline Registered User

I don't think we'll have two, big money RBs on the roster. It just doesn't make sense for the organization.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Yeah i'd love him too. Just planting the seed of thought.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Why would he command big money, He has never been a feature back. He has been more of a reciever than RB, he is still fast and occasionally makes that explosive run(career long against Rams this year). That is why he would be the perfect compliment here to S-Jax.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Personally i don't think we need him, I'm getting rather sold on a guy named Noel Devine as our future change-of-pace back for us. Check him out on youtube. Great 4.3 speed. Excellent balance and tackle breaking ability. his only knock that i can see is his height (5'8). First Round talent that could fall to us as far as the fifth round due to his lack of exposure and attention, possibly an excellent steal.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think with his playoff highlights he will want to get a big contract and be a feature back somewhere.

Seattle comes to mind with Pete there, but are they ok after all those charges against USC??? lol...

Redskins, Bengals, Texans come to mind quickly for Bush.

We need someone that is fine playing a complimentary role

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Personally i don't think we need him, I'm getting rather sold on a guy named Noel Devine as our future change-of-pace back for us. Check him out on youtube. Great 4.3 speed. Excellent balance and tackle breaking ability. his only knock that i can see is his height (5'8). First Round talent that could fall to us as far as the fifth round due to his lack of exposure and attention, possibly an excellent steal.
    Hopefully he'll be there in 2011 ..

Devine, Sanders skip NFL draft
    By Brian Bennett
    ESPN.com
    Archive

Junior running back Noel Devine and wide receiver Jock Sanders will return to West Virginia next season instead of entering the NFL Draft, coach Bill Stewart announced on Thursday.

Devine was considered the more likely of the two to turn pro. The first-team All-Big East performer rushed for 1,465 yards while averaging 6.1 yards per carry and scoring 13 touchdowns this past season. He has run for 3,381 yards in his career with a 6.5 yards per carry average.

The Fort Myers, Fla., native also had a difficult family background, as both his parents died of AIDS. But Devine said he wanted to earn his diploma.

"It's all about unfinished business on the field and in the classroom," Devine said in a statement released by the school. "I want to be the first member of my family to finish with a college degree, and I want to bring back a championship to Morgantown."

Sanders had the best year of his career in 2009, recording 72 catches for 688 yards and three scores. He also carried 48 times for 250 yards and two touchdowns. He's fifth on West Virginia's all-time receiving list.

Sanders, who is from St. Petersburg, Fla., and is a close friend of Devine's, echoed many of his teammate's sentiments about staying in school.

"Coming back for my senior season will not only help me gain more experience and knowledge on the football field, but most importantly, like Noel, I also will be the first in my family to earn a college degree," he said.

Brian Bennett covers Big East football for ESPN.com.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't think he has to take a massive pay cut to come to the Rams. I don't think he would get the money he got coming out of college but he wouldn't get Gado money either.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

No, no, no...
    I dnt think coaches want to utilize Jackson as an expendable power back. He's too explosive, too versitile, too fast, too valuable. His size is just a bonus.

Instead we need a power back like Gerhart to take the 3rd and short conversions. Let him take the hits. Let Jackson be the finesse runner like a Chris Johnson or a Reggie Bush.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Just a thought. Faulk had a very similar career, in the begining.
    That is all I'm saying about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

He should at least be considered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast