throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Reported Bucs/Rams Trade Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i think its you who is looking at it all wrong...the ball is in our court,not theirs..if they want the ball they gonna have to pay for it..and offer more than a 3rd and the type of "Quarterback" that can be got in the 4-7 rounds range of every draft in recent years.

if the articles info is true that the Bucs and Rams are "in talks"..i have faith in Billy D so i will presume that conversation lasted all of 20 seconds.
    Well Billy D and Spags will know who they want right before the draft and maybe right after OU's pro day

And he they decide they want a QB they can make a trade get a experienced back up and a 3rd rounder. It isnt that much but we might have to settle. There is really no other deal out there. And i dont see the Bucs giving up any of there 2nd rounders. They have many holes like us.

Trading down also lowers the salary of the QB we take.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

I think we just take Suh. I just don't see a deal happening.

If we trade to the #3 pick and the Bucs take Suh, every team looking for their franchise QB will be talking with the Lions(mainly Seahawks and Redskins). At #4, there's just no way the skins just sit quietly by while we draft their future QB. I doubt we trade back up to the Lions, because they'll surely be asking for more than what we gave the bucs. The Skins will trade up and draft Bradford or Clausen, whoever is the #1 QB.

So, now we're getting the consolation DT or QB, a 3rd rounder, and a backup quarterback instead of Suh. It's just not worth it.

I have a feeling that Spags would rather just draft the guy he really wants instead of settling for the #2 of either DT or QB. The only way a trade really happens is if the Bucs REALLY want Suh and throw some of their early picks at us, probably both their 2nd rounders. I don't see them doing that.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i think its you who is looking at it all wrong...the ball is in our court,not theirs..if they want the ball they gonna have to pay for it..and offer more than a 3rd and the type of "Quarterback" that can be got in the 4-7 rounds range of every draft in recent years.

if the articles info is true that the Bucs and Rams are "in talks"..i have faith in Billy D so i will presume that conversation lasted all of 20 seconds.
    I agree. If they want the pick, we don't ask them to just give us whatever they can spare. We don't cut an experienced quarterback, forgo signing a competent backup in free agency, and then trade for a guy with barely any experience to backup the guy whose contract is going to cost us so much we can hardly rationalize not playing him. If you use the #3 overall pick on a quarterback, you're not planning on needing to have a competition for the position. You bring in a guy like Josh Johnson if you're planning on drafting a guy in rounds #2 or #3 and aren't sure how he's going to pan out.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well Billy D and Spags will know who they want right before the draft and maybe right after OU's pro day

And he they decide they want a QB they can make a trade get a experienced back up and a 3rd rounder. It isnt that much but we might have to settle. There is really no other deal out there. And i dont see the Bucs giving up any of there 2nd rounders. They have many holes like us.

Trading down also lowers the salary of the QB we take.
    if they want Suh as much as advertised ,they will give up one of those 2nd rounders...they have holes for sure..but not as many as us so are more rigid in what they want from the draft.
    they had the best DT of the last 20 years..if they really believe that Suh is Sapp mark II they will give it up for him.

oh and by the way..i wouldnt want you on my poker team..you give it up too easy..

Buccaneers Guest

When I first read the article my first thought was "Oh no! We can't give up Josh Johnson! He really could be something special in this league, and I really do think he can be better than Freeman." But then it hit me, "Oh wait, he'd be going to the Rams.....never mind."

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneers View Post
    When I first read the article my first thought was "Oh no! We can't give up Josh Johnson! He really could be something special in this league, and I really do think he can be better than Freeman." But then it hit me, "Oh wait, he'd be going to the Rams.....never mind."
    Because afterall the Bucs are so much better than the Rams he'd surely succeed there. The Succanneers are not in that much better a situation than the Rams so get over yourself.
    Just Fix It

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

purely based on the mere fact that the Rams have a soon to be new owner who appears to have plenty of money to spend and a will to win, whilst the Bucs have Glazer id say we are in a much better shape for the future...but we have a much better past too so dont think there`s any reason to try and start any smacktalk if you are a Bucs fan..you had a two season window of oppurtunity..but its closed now.
    guess the two SB berths we denied you must still really stick in your claw to want to attempt such a desperate futile act at this time.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

From the chat going on @ stlouisrams.com

Bert, Spanish Lake
    12:39 PM CT
    With Tampa Bay proposing a trade for our 1st overall pick, and we would receive their 1st and 3rd round pick and Josh Johnson. I feel we should trade with Tampa and then propose a trade with Washington for their first round pick( Since they want Bradford). We need all the help we can and this would free up a lot of salary space. What do you think?

BD:
    I am being completely honest when I say I have not talked to anyone in Tampa Bay. I'm not saying that won't happen at some point but to date there is absolutely nothing going on.

BucsPirate1 Guest

The problem for you guys is the Rams have already lost their leverage when your GM came out and said it would be ideal to trade down because now everyone knows you don't covet Suh. Obviously you want Bradford. For the Bucs that means we no longer have to be as concerned about trading up, because at the very least we are likely to get McCoy. The difference between McCoy and Suh isn't worth a high 2nd rounder. From the Rams perspective why not just take what you can get to move down to #3 and draft who you would select at #1 anyway? Josh Johnson is just a token to make the trade look better for you.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPirate1 View Post
    The problem for you guys is the Rams have already lost their leverage when your GM came out and said it would be ideal to trade down because now everyone knows you don't covet Suh.
    Devaney never said that. He has acknowledged, as any GM would, that a trade down would be considered for the right price, but he has never stated that the Rams are actively pursuing a trade. As for the Rams not coveting Suh, that's just silly.

Obviously you want Bradford.
    Really? According to who?

For the Bucs that means we no longer have to be as concerned about trading up, because at the very least we are likely to get McCoy.
    Wrong. It is entirely likely that Suh and McCoy will be selected by the Rams and Lions.

From the Rams perspective why not just take what you can get to move down to #3 and draft who you would select at #1 anyway? Josh Johnson is just a token to make the trade look better for you.
    Yeah... keep wishing. As of today, the Rams GM Billy Devaney has stated that he has not spoken to Tampa. I take him at his word, as it would make zero sense to talk trade at this point.

BucsPirate1 Guest

The perception everywhere has become the Rams are likely to draft a QB. I'm not saying that everyone isn't wrong, but most observers think the Rams will and should draft Bradford. Personally I don't know if you guys can afford to pass on Bradford, especially with Tony Pike establishing himself as a likely 1st rounder. As a Rams fan who do you think is going to be your QB next year?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The perception everywhere has become the Rams are likely to draft a QB. I'm not saying that everyone isn't wrong, but most observers think the Rams will and should draft Bradford. Personally I don't know if you guys can afford to pass on Bradford, especially with Tony Pike establishing himself as a likely 1st rounder. As a Rams fan who do you think is going to be your QB next year?
    I don't know what mocks you are reading, but the ones I have seen have Suh as the Rams' pick more often than any other. A few have McCoy, and a few have Bradford, but the consensus is Suh.

As for Pike, I don't think he'll be selected in Round 1. Right now, I think the QBs are likely to be taken as follows:

Round 1: Bradford, Suh
    Round 2: McCoy
    Round 2/3: LeFevour, Pike

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Starting? Marc Bulger. This is team is about as rookie QB user-unfriendly as you can get.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Perception...hmmmm so the smoke screen is working.

Thanks

BucsPirate1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Perception...hmmmm so the smoke screen is working.

Thanks
    Who are you trying to trick. You pick #1?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast