Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    RamsFan4ever's Avatar
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    GA
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,346
    Rep Power
    11

    RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    Round 1 Patrick Willis, MLB, Ole Miss

    Scouting Report:http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...ickwillis.html

    Round 2 Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

    Scouting Report:http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...mcarriker.html

    Round 3 Kareem Brown, DT, Miami
    (Couldn't Find Picture)
    Scouting Report:http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...reembrown.html

    Round 4 Leroy Harris, C, NC State

    Scouting Report:http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...royharris.html

    Round 5 Brian Smith, OLB/DE, Missouri

    Scouting Report:http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings....php?pyid=8408

    Round 5 Chris Denman, OT, Fresno State
    (Couldn't Find Picture)
    Scouting Report: (Could Not Find)

    Round 6 Steve Breaston, WR/PR, Michigan

    Scouting Report:http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=10048

    Round 7 Alvin Banks, HB, James Madison

    Scouting Report:http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=19380

    Opinions?


  2. #2
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,182
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    I don't follow the college scene all that close. Seeing that 4 of your first 5 picks are on defensive players...I like it!

  3. #3
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,617
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    I like your picks, but I'd like to see Garrett Wolfe as a backup HB for Jackson. I think he'd have the speed to do PR and KR as well. Steve Breaston is an interesting pick, would he be there that late?


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  4. #4
    RamsFan4ever's Avatar
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    GA
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,346
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    would he be there that late?
    I was thinking the same thing as I was making this Draft, i think he probably should be a 5th round pick.

  5. #5
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    The Rams do not need a 1st round LB they need a two down LB that stuffs the run. They need a moderate improvement not another big money guy.

    If the Rams take Willis which LB comes off the field in the nickle package?

  6. #6
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    NO! Willis can play SLB, and thats where he'd probrably play. No way in hell he's only a Nickel LB.
    RamsFan16

  7. #7
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,340
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    NO! Willis can play SLB, and thats where he'd probrably play. No way in hell he's only a Nickel LB.
    I think you missed his point. In a standard base 4-3 defense you've got three linebackers on the field - the weak side guy, middle linebacker, and strong side linebacker. When you switch to a nickel, you take one of those linebackers off the field and replace him with a defensive back. Country's question is which of our hypothetical starting three linebackers (Pisa, Witherspoon, Willis) comes off the field in nickel situations, basically making them a two-down linebacker.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  8. #8
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think you missed his point. In a standard base 4-3 defense you've got three linebackers on the field - the weak side guy, middle linebacker, and strong side linebacker. When you switch to a nickel, you take one of those linebackers off the field and replace him with a defensive back. Country's question is which of our hypothetical starting three linebackers (Pisa, Witherspoon, Willis) comes off the field in nickel situations, basically making them a two-down linebacker.
    Oh! Ok, I thought he meant that we'd only bring him in on Nickel situations.

    So, your reason for not wanting him is because we'd have to take him off the field during Nickel situations then?
    RamsFan16

  9. #9
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,340
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    So, your reason for not wanting him is because we'd have to take him off the field during Nickel situations then?
    That seems to be the argument Country is making, and I think it's a fair point to make, though I'm not sure it's enough to warrant not taking Willis if he's there simply because I think the Rams could certainly rotate their nickel linebackers given the down and distance.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  10. #10
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That seems to be the argument Country is making, and I think it's a fair point to make, though I'm not sure it's enough to warrant not taking Willis if he's there simply because I think the Rams could certainly rotate their nickel linebackers given the down and distance.
    So Country if indeed thats the argument your making, you'd rather have an Average LB in Chillar start at SLB, rather than draft a Great Young LB with unlimited potential in the First Round?
    RamsFan16

  11. #11
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: RF4E's 7 Round Mock Draft

    I just hope we NEED a Nickel sometime next year. Not too many teams going into Nickel mode when the RB puts up 8 yards on the first down.

    Third and long? Heck yea, bring out the nickel!
    Third and inches? Hmm, not so much.

    And to answer, Country's question.....whichever LB is weakest in coverage, yank him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •