Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fortuninerhater

Thread: RGIII Combine Star? Check! Now what else has to happen to maximize value of #2 pick?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

RGIII Combine Star? Check! Now what else has to happen to maximize value of #2 pick?

RGIII has become a hot prospect in this draft... maybe THE hot prospect.

Now, the Rams need for a few more things to happen.

1. Sorry, Peyton... we can't root for your recovery. Fact remains, Manning could eliminate one of the suitors if he is deemed healthy enough to be ready for opening day. As harsh as it sounds, continued question marks on Peyton's arm strength help the Rams.

2. Flynn too pricey - Matt Flynn could be Dolphins next QB, if the price is right. Hopefully, someone will figure out that Flynn has not yet earned the big bucks (maybe they should call the Cardinals and ask them if they're still happy about the Kevin Kolb trade).

3. The Browns are bluffing - some have said that Cleveland is not all that interested in trading up. Let's hope that is a smoke screen, as they are the best potential trade partner.

4. Minnesota falls in love with Kalil. The more they want him, the less likely they will be to provide teams with a Plan B to trading with the Rams (of course, as long as their are at least two serious suitors, this should not be a problem).

If the chips fall the right way (even in part), the Rams could really be in a position to pull off a huge coup to build from.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: RGIII Combine Star? Check! Now what else has to happen to maximize value of #2 p

Even if Peyton is actually ok, and strong, as long as he doesn't go to Washington, Seattle, Miami or Cleveland, I think we can be pretty happy, in regards to draft trades at least. I won't be happy if Peyton goes to Arizona to throw to Fitzgerald for a couple years.

Personally, I'd want him to go to the Jets, as we'd have two Manning/Brady duels, and we'd have even more desire from Miami if they don't get Flynn.

My only addition to your list Av, would be that Orton and Campbell don't go to any of our main suitors either. I don't think that Campbell would go back to Washington, but he could go to one of the others. We want them to go to push existing starters. Chiefs have been mentioned as a dark horse suitor if they don't keep Orton or sign Manning as well.
    I believe!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: RGIII Combine Star? Check! Now what else has to happen to maximize value of #2 p

I think an exceptional pro day will seal the deal for Washington. I believe it would elevate RG3 well above all free agent prospects, including Peyton Manning.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.