richtree is offline Registered User

Rich Tree's Pre-Combine Draft/FA Outlook

Free Agency -- ( I tried to keep everything realistic and not just take the best players everywhere as that can't happen in reality).

Sidney Rice -- Obviously, this is best case scenerio but I think the need for a veteran WR in camp is better than any WR we could draft this off-season. Couple that with the fact that J.Jones and A.J. Green could both be gone by our pick leaves us depleted with options. There is a huge Free-Agent WR class this year, so if not S.Rice insert any of the top 5 or 6 WR that could be a potenial #1. Ex. VJax, S.Holmes, B.Edwards, M.Flyod, etc...

Melvin Bullitt -- A legit starting SS that can play next to OJ if he signs for less and decides to stay around. He is a hard hitter that can provide some toughness on the back line.

James Anderson -- Can leave Carolina after a solid year starting. He can play either OLB positions in the 4-3 and will be happy to leave a failing franchise that lost their head coach.
    Obviously, Chad Greenway is the prize here but I went a different direction just to show the is another (cheaper) option. Also, Spags spends is defensive money on the line and not so much on OLBs.

Round 1 -- Cameron Jordan, DE California -- One of the best defensive athletes in the draft. Rushes the QB with the best of them. 6ft 4in and long ..285 lbs of speed and ability. Instant impact on the line.

Round 2 -- Justin Houston, OLB Georgia -- This guy has great speed to blitz the passer and complement James Anderson on the outside of a Linebacking core. He offers a little bit of swagger and power to our slow LB core.

Round 3 -- Will Hill, FS Florida -- Instant Athlete. In love with this kids game. Will Hill would be the best athlete on the Rams defensive the day he walks into camp. He may fly up draft boards after the combine, so we may have to grab him in round 2. He can play both Safety positions but probably better suited for a Free Safety in the NFL. If O.A. wants more money Hill is the perfect replacement or can even play one year with O.A. to develop into a long term NFL starter. Don't be alarmed by off the field, kid is a football player for life.

Round 4 -- Jacquizz Rodgers, RB Oregon St. -- Speed, Speed, Speed. Change of pace for SJax and can catch the ball and lineup all over the field. Could even help on Special teams if need be. A threat on offense every time he is on the field.

Round 5 -- Bryant Browning, G Ohio St. -- A big guy that can fill the run block void we have at Guard. Obviously if a free agent is available we can add one as well. I really don't know what Guard best fits our system in free agency, plus we don't want to spend more there so drafting 2 guards may be our option.

Round 6 -- Lawerence Guy, DT Arizona St. -- 6ft 5 in 300 lbs with a sub 5.00 40yd time that plugs up the middle.

Round 7 -- Keith Williams, G Nebraska - Another big guy from a running system that can move bodies for our running game.

Free Agent from Draft -- Brandon Saine, RB OSU -- Fast and Powerful can catch and run at the next level and worth some depth at RB position
    Last edited by richtree; -01-19-2011 at 11:20 PM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Rich Tree's Pre-Combine Draft/FA Outlook

Jordan also played all along the line at Cal, so his versatility will certain be a plus to Spags.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Not bad, the only question I have is Rodgers size & if he can handle the pounding of the NFL if "The Beast" were to get hurt and miss significant time.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Love it, only thing I don't like is signing Melvin Bullet. If we draft Will Hill, why not plug him in there? Other than that, I love the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Love it, only thing I don't like is signing Melvin Bullet. If we draft Will Hill, why not plug him in there? Other than that, I love the draft.
    That is an option but Will Hill is more set for FS that Strong Safety. I wanted to go deeper, but this early, with the unsettled labor agreement, I figured I would keep it simple.

I also think we should add Legadu Naanee but we have a lot of decisions to make at WR in camp. I think L.Robinson will be gone and I think Danny Amendola will end up being the odd man out in this offense.

I think Danny will be a Ram and contribute next season but after that he may be phased out of such a dynamic offense. If Amendola stays, I would think Avery would be cut in 2012. It just doesn't make sense to have Avery and Amendola after next season.

Just some early thoughts.....check back after combine for 2.0

thx for looking

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Cam Jordan pretty good player, but IMO is a LE like Chris Long he is currently playing DE in a 3-4 and I think he should stay there or play LE where we already have Chris Long.

Justin Houston plays for Georgia unless you are talking about Jeremy Beal who plays for Okalhoma they are similar prospects. Not sure about either of those guys in our system they look like 3-4 OLBs to me. Spags has been there and done that after initially trying college DE Mathias Kiwunuka at SLB before moving him back to DE where he played better. Maybe the success of pretty much all the Raider OLBs who were all college DEs/3-4 OLBs changes his mind.

I think Lawrence Guy will go a little earlier

I think Cam Jordan can play RE end as good as any DE in this draft. He is big and rushes the passer, I think you are overthinking that one....

I made a mistake, I fixed the post to read Justin Houston Georgia, not Oklahoma. This is an early look, we will see what develops ....

thermobee is offline Registered User

Great draft. Would be very happy if things shape up this way.

ramfan56 is offline Registered User

This would awesome. Filling in solid.need. Just dont agree with the 5th round pick. Should snab a gaurd much earlier.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Love that you have Quizz on here. The guy can score from anywhere on the field.
    I would rather go DT in the first, but wouldnt be mad if we went with Cam Jordan.