Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: RichTree's 2012 NFL Draft Preview -- Top 25 WR's Version 1.0

richtree is offline Registered User

RichTree's 2012 NFL Draft Preview -- Top 25 WR's Version 1.0

As many people know here, I like to study college WR's and project them to the NFL level.

I had Kenny Britt, Danario Alexander, Arrelious Benn and many others ranked higher than most scouting publications and really try to do a good/professional job at it.

This year I projected Terrence Toliver to be an impact player in his first 2 years at the NFL level (even though he went undrafted from LSU).

Here's the early report on Toliver:
    HOT HANDS: Undrafted free agent receiver Terrence Toliver continues to impress his coaches and teammates. Toliver, who grew up in Hempstead and played at LSU, has been catching just about everything thrown to him.
    Toliver (6-5, 204) has outstanding size. He’s the tallest receiver in camp. In the morning practice, he outjumped shorter defensive backs to make several catches.

I also had Pettis as the best hands in the draft and Salas as a top 20 WR prospect.
    Along with all this I also touted that Greg Little could be a superstar at the NFL level.

So, here is a quick look at next years (very early) rankings. So far, not many surprises are changes but I am sure once the season is underway things will greatly move and I will have 2 or 3 sleepers again.
    ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (fyi SPELLING COULD BE OFF AS EARLY LIST)!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: RichTree's 2012 NFL Draft Preview -- Top 25 WR's Version 1.0

In the, "man, I feel old" category, I see Nick Toon on the list and am reminded of watching his father, Al, play.

The guy I think will be drafted the highest from this group is Alshon Jeffrey. His physical tools are freakish. Ryan Broyles, on the other hand, could be "underdrafted," and then emerge as the most productive guy in the bunch.

I think at the end of the year the only Top 10 draft pick will end up being -- Jeff Fueller.

Alshon Jeffrey has the most #1 WR physcial gifts, but I have never seen a player that is so physically gifted look so un-co-ord-in-ate-ed....

this is a HUGE year for Jeffrey...if he can show that he is a WR and not just a freak athlete, he will fly up the draft board....because he is soooo big sometimes you see an Antonio Gates in him after the catch ability...

very interested in watching this class as there can be many movers and losers

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

It makes you wonder sometimes, how some of these players slip through unnoticed, and become stars. Look how good London Fletcher become and how poorly, say an A.Curry is performing after all the hoopla.?
    I read a blog this morning about Julio Jones. The Falcons staff were saying that JJ is looking the best player on the whole offense already. A.J.Green in Cincy is a nightmare match-up for their DB's. Practice is much different to gameday so we will see. But you do not here off any Rams WR's making fools out of the DB's. So this was a good article because next draft we must take a NO.1 WR. END OF STORY.?

Well, the one good thing for the Rams is that this draft has many bigger WR -- where this past years draft was many smaller guys of the top tier.....

things could be good next year for a Round 1 WR ....

I willl continue to update

rt

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I really like this list. Im glad im not the only one who's really high on Floyd. The guys hands are like a vacuum, He catches anything thats even near him.

There are 4 WR's right now with First Round talent:

1. Flyod
    2. Fuller
    3. Jeffery
    4. Blackmon

** this is not in order, but these 4 should all be taken in top 40 picks (as of now)...

Update 09/15/11

1. Floyd (clear cut #1, combo of size, strength, and speed; Fitz like if he keeps head clear)
    2. Jeffery (clear cut #2 ability, so far playing like a beast)
    3. Blackmon (doing what we thought he would, got to see him against a good defense)
    4. Fuller (team offense needs work, he is doing ok)
    5. Rueben Randle -- From #21 to #5 --- Looking great

** TY Hilton, FIU< new addition to the list -- looks like he really hit the off-season hard and is a slot/returner via R. Cobb like to NFL teams next season

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Sound Test for future commentary

Bradford to Floyd - 70% approval
    Bradford to Jeffery - 40%
    Bradford to Blackmon - 90%
    Bradford to Fuller - 30%
    Bradford to Rueeeeeeben Randle - 85%

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'll take Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery over any WR we got. Thanks.

I think Floyd has the best combo of speed, size, height, NFL routes with hands of the bunch making him my #1 WR on this list especially for the RAMS.
    Some would argue Jeffery may end being more talented, but I think he would take a year of seasoning where Floyd would not.

The Rams best picks would be Floyd, Blackmon, Jeffery, and so forth.....simply because we need an instant impact

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

I think the first two games of the season highlights how much the Rams need a red zone receiver that Bradford can target. The Rams need another CB, Safety, and Linebacker. I think that drafting a RB can wait one more year depending on how Jackson rebounds from his quad injury. There are still so many holes on this team it's hard to say the order of importance for next year's draft. However, I think the Rams would be fullish to wait until the 3rd round to draft another receiver. All the Rams will be getting that late into the draft is a project WR that won't make an immediate impact. This team is only a few pieces away from being legit, but it's up to the Rams front office to add the correct pieces.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

I've absolutely fallen in love with Blackmon!! He is the shizzle my Richizzle! Got size, speed hands, desire and most importantly heart, and he doesn't dissappear against good level of competetion. Let the other teams have these other guys I'll take Blackmon and not look back....Seen Floyd in the Michigan game and wasn't to impressed with him..

I am actually down on Blackmon this year, because I thought he would make more improvements.

Blackmon has not improved his hands. He makes all the catches now because he is simply bigger and stronger than most college dbacks. If you watch the Arizona game you will see him have a really bad drop.

Also, in the Arizona game you can see him catching screen passes and short routes with his palms facing up or trapped against his body. These should be (triangle) catches or palms down.

Blackmon plays bigger because he has long limbs and strides very long. He did nothing against Prince last year because his 2 big plays were suspect. 1 was obvious offensive pass interference. and 2 was a flea flicker that the safety both bit on (doesn't happen in NFL).

Overall, he is a decent #2 WR in the NFL -- really looking forward to OK ST -- TExas A&M

3;30 pm saturday Fuller vs. Blackmon

^^This game could clearly put Jeff Fuller ahead of Blackmon for the NFL draft ^^^

Watch Coryell Judie #5 vs. Justin Blackmon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast