throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: RichTree's 2012 NFL Draft Preview -- Top 25 WR's Version 1.0

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: RichTree's 2012 NFL Draft Preview -- Top 25 WR's Version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Blackmon plays bigger because he has long limbs and strides very long. He did nothing against Prince last year because his 2 big plays were suspect. 1 was obvious offensive pass interference. and 2 was a flea flicker that the safety both bit on (doesn't happen in NFL).

Overall, he is a decent #2 WR in the NFL -- really looking forward to OK ST -- TExas A&M

3;30 pm saturday Fuller vs. Blackmon
    You know to be honest I think Blackmon is very similar to a Anquan(spelling?) Boldin but think Mr Blackmon might be able to be featured as a #1 boss man. Here are those highlights btw... Blackmon had a dam decent day against Prince which looked weak and out of place against him which is a sign of a great player. BTW flea flickers do work in the NFL and every season there are TD's and long plays that happen on account to them.
    He shows he is a decent blocker in the run game as well. Not trying to argue or make you look silly but I'm just sold on him and tape don't lie!
    Admittedly I havn't really watched much football or checked on potential players this year, outside of watching Michigan games and NMSU games. But will be checking on him soon and this weekend. thanks for the info Mr. Richtree!!
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -09-22-2011 at 04:11 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I see Nick Toon on the list and am reminded of watching his father, Al, play.
    I've enjoyed his uncle Car for many years.
    Nick likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Also, in the Arizona game you can see him catching screen passes and short routes with his palms facing up or trapped against his body. These should be (triangle) catches or palms down.
    I think he played pretty good vs. AZ!

richtree is offline Registered User

Arizona is really, really bad on defense, especially against the pass.....check Michael Floyd's first two games and Blackmon compare them......Floyd is way better for NFL material

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Arizona is really, really bad on defense, especially against the pass.....check Michael Floyd's first two games and Blackmon compare them......Floyd is way better for NFL material
    Man do I like Michael Floyd. He is so talented. He'd be my first choice as well. I dont like Blackmon either. It seems like the only thing he does is go deep. Floyd is so talented at running his routes, he has good hands, and hes just very well rounded. Like you said RT he could make an immediate impact.

Bradford to Floyd will be one of the deadliest combo's in the NFL soon.

Negatory homie! You trippin Flowyd still couldn't hold Blackmon's cleets to clean em!!! You kiddin me>?

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Man do I like Michael Floyd. He is so talented. He'd be my first choice as well. I dont like Blackmon either. It seems like the only thing he does is go deep. Floyd is so talented at running his routes, he has good hands, and hes just very well rounded. Like you said RT he could make an immediate impact.

Bradford to Floyd will be one of the deadliest combo's in the NFL soon.
    Dude you complained about the Murmur offense about nowone going deep and then complain about a potential canidate that all he does is go deep? doesn't a #1 receiver do that? isn't that his job? WE DON'T AHVE THAT RIGHT NOW.... AS OF THIS MOMENT BLACKMON IS BETTER THAN ANY WR the Rams have on their roster.... floyd is just some Notre Dame Hype! proof u ask>? LET'S SEE WHEN floyd plays against some real CB competition and he disaapeaers!!! Blackmon always elevates his game.. nuff said homie

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Negatory homie! You trippin Flowyd still couldn't hold Blackmon's cleets to clean em!!! You kiddin me>?

Dude you complained about the Murmur offense about nowone going deep and then complain about a potential canidate that all he does is go deep? doesn't a #1 receiver do that? isn't that his job? WE DON'T AHVE THAT RIGHT NOW.... AS OF THIS MOMENT BLACKMON IS BETTER THAN ANY WR the Rams have on their roster.... floyd is just some Notre Dame Hype! proof u ask>? LET'S SEE WHEN floyd plays against some real CB competition and he disaapeaers!!! Blackmon always elevates his game.. nuff said homie
    I think thats a recipe for failure. Like look at the Eagles. Desean Jackson has killer speed and will make 1 big play ever few games. One week he will have 4 receptions, 150 yards and 1 TD. The next 3 weeks combined he will have 6 receptions, 65 yards, and 1 TD.

I'd rather have a player like Floyd who will consistently move the chains and will make the occasional big play (Bruce, Holt). He is so solid. Blackmon will be just like Jackson, except much less explosive. He will have 1 big play, and then he'll be quiet for 3 games. Not to mention he has questionable hands....Lets not forget whats been killing us this season (DROPS).

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I think thats a recipe for failure. Like look at the Eagles. Desean Jackson has killer speed and will make 1 big play ever few games. One week he will have 4 receptions, 150 yards and 1 TD. The next 3 weeks combined he will have 6 receptions, 65 yards, and 1 TD.

I'd rather have a player like Floyd who will consistently move the chains and will make the occasional big play (Bruce, Holt). He is so solid. Blackmon will be just like Jackson, except much less explosive. He will have 1 big play, and then he'll be quiet for 3 games. Not to mention he has questionable hands....Lets not forget whats been killing us this season (DROPS).
    2010 Game Log Receiving Rushing
    DATE OPP RESULT REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
    9/4 Washington State W 65-17 8 125 15.6 42 3 0 0 0.0 0 0
    9/11 Troy W 41-38 10 132 13.2 45 2 2 23 11.5 18 0
    9/18 Tulsa W 65-28 6 174 29.0 81 3 0 0 0.0 0 0
    9/30 Texas A&M W 38-35 10 127 12.7 29 1 1 -15 -15.0 0 0
    10/8 @Louisiana-Lafayette W 54-28 13 190 14.6 43 2 0 0 0.0 0 0
    10/16 @Texas Tech W 34-17 10 207 20.7 62 1 0 0 0.0 0 0
    10/23 Nebraska L 51-41 5 157 31.4 80 2 0 0 0.0 0 0
    10/30 @Kansas State W 24-14 Did not play or did not accumulate any stats.
    11/6 Baylor W 55-28 13 173 13.3 38 1 1 69 69.0 69 1
    11/13 @Texas W 33-16 9 145 16.1 67 1 0 0 0.0 0 0
    11/20 @Kansas W 48-14 10 130 13.0 43 1 0 0 0.0 0 0
    11/27 Oklahoma L 47-41 8 105 13.1 45 1 0 0 0.0 0 0
    VALERO ALAMO BOWL
    12/29 @Arizona W 36-10 9 117 13.0 71 2 0 0 0.0 0 0

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Yeah, saying Blackmon has one big play then disappears for three games is a rather odd criticism, seeing as how he had a 14-game streak of 100-yard performances that was only broken this year. He's averaging something like nine receptions for 112 yards and a touch through four games this season, clearly had no problem getting his numbers against A&M.

There's something about Floyd that makes me nervous. I don't know if it's the injuries or the speed or his inconsistency at reaching the endzone, but I have him behind Blackmon at the moment. Still, he brings a lot to the table to like in terms of a potential first-round receiver, and it'll be fun to watch him in this final year.

Hopefully the time spent this year watching top receiver prospects won't be wasted like it has in previous years, when the Rams opted to overlook the position until the mid rounds.
    ZiaRam likes this.

2011 Game Log Receiving Rushing
    DATE OPP RESULT REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
    9/3 Louisiana-Lafayette W 61-34 8 144 18.0 40 0.0
    9/8 Arizona W 37-14 12 128 10.7 29 2 1 6 6.0 6
    9/17 @Tulsa W 59-33 7 57 8.1 24 1 1 0.0
    9/24 @Texas A&M W 30-29 11 121 11.0 20 1 0.0
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -09-25-2011 at 03:29 PM.

I'd have to agree with Nick. The one factor that I see that Blackmon has over everybody is heart and will which you can't put a value on. I'm sorry I just can't see Floyd being a impact player in the NFl right away. But by all means I hope and pray the hype machine makes Floyd and several others a higher pick than Blackmon so we can trade up and few spots to get him and it wouldn't be a arm and a leg...
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yeah, saying Blackmon has one big play then disappears for three games is a rather odd criticism, seeing as how he had a 14-game streak of 100-yard performances that was only broken this year. He's averaging something like nine receptions for 112 yards and a touch through four games this season, clearly had no problem getting his numbers against A&M.

There's something about Floyd that makes me nervous. I don't know if it's the injuries or the speed or his inconsistency at reaching the endzone, but I have him behind Blackmon at the moment. Still, he brings a lot to the table to like in terms of a potential first-round receiver, and it'll be fun to watch him in this final year.

Hopefully the time spent this year watching top receiver prospects won't be wasted like it has in previous years, when the Rams opted to overlook the position until the mid rounds.
    I meant in the NFL he will dissapear. I dont really care about college production because it seems like every WR breaks 1,000 yards (Salas) even if its in a pass heavy offense. Not the point, but yeah Blackmon is good. I just prefer Floyd and Jeffery over him.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Blackmon was invisible for the whole first half against A & M ....he also acted like a baby screaming at an offical and jumping around like he is a diva. He lost a ball from show-boating.

I am not saying that he can't play in the NFL, but at best he is a WR# 2 ...

FLoyd has #1 WR potential with strength and run blocking ability that is second to none.

Floyd may even run a faster 40 -- if that happens, Blackmon will fall a ton.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I believe Blackmon caught four passes for 49 yards in the first half of the A&M game. If that's invisible, what would you call Floyd's performance against Pittsburgh (4 rec, 27 yds)?

Again, I think they both have the potential to be very good pros, but there's something about Floyd that makes me nervous. Multiple things, really. I see the strength and run blocking ability, I see the size advantage. But the red flags make me nervous, not just the off the field stuff and the injury history, but I just don't see Floyd as being as consistent on the field.

When I watch the both of them, Floyd definitely has fewer moments that make me think, "Wow, this guy could be dominate at the next level." Based on my observations, I think the Larry Fitzgerald comparisons are pretty generous. But I appreciate someone like richtree who puts a lot of time and effort into looking at a specific position, and I certainly could end up being wrong. I would just put my money on Blackmon at this point, out of the two of them.

Blackmon was invisible for the whole first half against A & M ....he also acted like a baby screaming at an offical and jumping around like he is a diva. He lost a ball from show-boating.

I am not saying that he can't play in the NFL, but at best he is a WR# 2 ...

FLoyd has #1 WR potential with strength and run blocking ability that is second to none.

Floyd may even run a faster 40 -- if that happens, Blackmon will fall a ton.
    I think the same thing RT. Floyd is so well rounded its ridiculous. Hes big, extremely strong, good enough speed, excellent hands, great route running, and a willing blocker.

I seen that fumble Blackmon had right before the endzone, and it was stupid to say the least. To me, I'd take Floyd because his off the field stuff doesn't freighten me. On the other hand, Im afraid Blackmon has T.O and Randy Moss (Just attitude not skill) written all over him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast