Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: RichTree's 2012 NFL Draft Preview -- Top 25 WR's Version 1.0

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: RichTree's 2012 NFL Draft Preview -- Top 25 WR's Version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    To me, I'd take Floyd because his off the field stuff doesn't freighten me. On the other hand, Im afraid Blackmon has T.O and Randy Moss (Just attitude not skill) written all over him.
    what off the field stuff are you talking about? I havn't seen any reports except him being a bad mofo and getting all the chicks!! lol You watch I'll be doggin you and Rich for the years to come saying we should of got him and you were all wrong! lol just random posts!!!!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    what off the field stuff are you talking about? I havn't seen any reports except him being a bad mofo and getting all the chicks!! lol You watch I'll be doggin you and Rich for the years to come saying we should of got him and you were all wrong! lol just random posts!!!!
    I'm pretty sure Floyd and Jeffery are getting all the girls ahaha but Blackmon is a diva and we can all agree there. He also got arrested for a DUI...not a good sign.

Then again Floyd also drove drunk. I just love Floyd's build and ability. He reminds me of a Holt/Bruce. Not the fastest but his routes are terrific.

I like to have RT the WR guru on my side
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -09-28-2011 at 09:15 PM.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

I'm pretty sure Floyd and Jeffery are getting all the girls ahaha but Blackmon is a diva and we can all agree there. He also got arrested for a DUI...not a good sign.

Then again Floyd also drove drunk. I just love Floyd's build and ability. He reminds me of a Holt/Bruce. Not the fastest but his routes are terrific.

I like to have RT the WR guru on my side
    I also have a DUI it sucks! It's alot easier than you think to get one!! I wouldn't mind a little diva for someone who can actually be a go to guy Sam would throw bombs to! <--- I'm a diva to so Blackmon would be a great jersey for me to get!!

p.s. You kidding me? You see Floyd and Jefferey? Not as dynamic of a guy as Blackmon and his frohawk! Da ladies love em! lol
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -09-28-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I just love Floyd's build and ability. He reminds me of a Holt/Bruce. Not the fastest but his routes are terrific.
    From a "build" standpoint, Floyd is pretty different from Bruce and Holt, and honestly, I don't think the comparison is there in terms of route running prowess either.

I don't think Floyd's route running is a weakness, but I wouldn't call him an elite route runner in the likes of a Holt or especially a Bruce. There are still plenty of games to watch this season, but I don't feel like I've seen that quality from him in that area yet.

I think Floyd advocates would be better off sticking to his main selling points - size, ball skills, and strength/physicality - while also keeping in mind that fan opinion of Floyd may be more positive than that of the NFL, as Floyd received a third-round grade from the Advisory Committee last year.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    From a "build" standpoint, Floyd is pretty different from Bruce and Holt, and honestly, I don't think the comparison is there in terms of route running prowess either.

I don't think Floyd's route running is a weakness, but I wouldn't call him an elite route runner in the likes of a Holt or especially a Bruce. There are still plenty of games to watch this season, but I don't feel like I've seen that quality from him in that area yet.

I think Floyd advocates would be better off sticking to his main selling points - size, ball skills, and strength/physicality - while also keeping in mind that fan opinion of Floyd may be more positive than that of the NFL, as Floyd received a third-round grade from the Advisory Committee last year.
    I pray to God that we can grab him in the third round. I just love the way he plays. I think his route running is a strength, and with good coaching I believe he can be a dominant #1 WR. And when he blocks, he is nasty, but not stupid. He finishes blocks and drives the CB, doesn't get stupid penalties though.

I would love nothing more on this earth then for us to land Alshon Jeffery in round 1, a CB or DT in round 2, and Michael Floyd in round 3.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -09-28-2011 at 11:15 PM.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I'm a huge Notre Dame fan and have watched every game Floyd has played in and this kid isat a beast at WR. He makes Rees and Crist look much better than they really are. Just put it near him and he'll go up and get it. He reminds me a lot of Calvin Johnson.

But, I can't lie and say I'm not concerned about his drinking problem. And yes I consider 3 run-ins with the law a problem. If you've been caught 3 times, how many more times has he abused alcohol and gotten away with it? I see it as a maturity and self control issue, more than I see it as a drinking problem.

Here's an exceprt from an article abou it:
    Floyd was driving a white Cadillac at 3:18 a.m. Sunday when he ran a stop sign about a block from the school's main entrance, according to a probable cause affidavit from St. Joseph County deputy prosecutor Chris Daniels filed Monday.

Floyd failed three sobriety tests that consisted of a standing on one leg, walking and turning around, and a finger count, Daniels said. The breathalyzer test showed he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.19, well above Indiana's legal limit for driving of 0.08 percent.

Floyd was booked into the county jail in South Bend at 4:06 a.m. Sunday and was released about seven hours later on $500 bond, Sheriff's Sgt. William Redman said.

According to a Hennepin County District Court spokeswoman, Floyd was cited for underage consumption on May 15, 2009, and pleaded guilty through a hearing officer on June 15 of that year.

Floyd was also cited for underage drinking in Minneapolis on Jan. 8, 2010. Floyd and Minnesota running back Shady Salamon, who were former Cretin-Derham Hall prep teammates in St. Paul, Minn., were cited after police were called to a fight involving six to 10 people.
    If it wasn't for this issue he'd be a top 10 pick in this years draft. I still don't think there is any way possible he slips to round 3, he's just too talented and someone will take a risk on him before round 3 I guarantee.

richtree is offline Registered User

I was thinking about updating this to a new version today, because so much has changed. The Wide Receiver truly has become more popular than the Running Back.

When is the last day that underclassmen have to declare by ?????

I will update it after that because so many players are going back to school -- or injured....already....

Also, I would like to know when free agency officially begins for the NFL -- maybe there isn't a date yet ?

thanks

RamSoup is offline Registered User

Wow, alot has changed in the last few months..
    Nick and Ziaram nailed it, Blackmon is heads and shoulders above floyd. (though I knew this all along)
    The argument now would only sound silly.
    Im interested to see the new version. ;-)

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    When is the last day that underclassmen have to declare by ?????
    This Sunday.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123