Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    richtree is offline Registered User

RichTree's FINAL 2012 PRE-DRAFT WR Ratings

I was going to wait until next week, but I am done. I ranked the WRs based on best to worst. Then I put an estimated draft pick number, not an exact number....for where they would be taken, so I / you can print and follow how close it actually is -- This way I can get better in the future.......

There are some points to be made.

I got access to so new tape/videos and that changed a few things in the ratings below.

#1 -- Tommy Streeter just can't catch. He drops down to #16 on the list.

#2 -- Rubeun Randle still has suspect hands and the Rams like him a lot.

#3 -- AJ Jenkins is a clear 2nd round pick and I think the Rams will take him #39

#4 -- T.Y. Hilton is a star that will rise up and play somewhere

#5 -- More tape shows Jeff Fueller is slower and slower

#6 -- AJ Jenkins and Marvin Jones are both better than Kendall Wright I don't care what anyone says

#7 -- All 30 of the Ranked WRs make a very strong class will 7th rounders that can really contribute.

#8 -- Blackmon looks more and more like the #4 pick to the Browns. He is the perfect WCO player that can possibly revive Colt McCoy and compliment the physical Little.

#9 -- Nick Toon will find a way to get up the draft board.

#10 -- Ryan Broyles will be a legit baller if he is healthy in 2 years

This is a quick look....please comment and talk.. We are 8 days away !!!!!!!!!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: RichTree's FINAL 2012 PRE-DRAFT WR Ratings

I think A.J Jenkins should be rated higher than Sanu, but thats obviously my opinion. Nice rankings though.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I think A.J Jenkins should be rated higher than Sanu, but thats obviously my opinion. Nice rankings though.
    Thanks, Jenkins is flying up draft boards....we will have to be aggressive to get him

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

I love reading these from people that took the time to actually review tape, so thanks! Haven't had the time to watch most of the WRs, but I agree with your comments on those that I have. Especially like Wright being ranked much lower than in most rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    I love reading these from people that took the time to actually review tape, so thanks! Haven't had the time to watch most of the WRs, but I agree with your comments on those that I have. Especially like Wright being ranked much lower than in most rankings.
    Thanks for your comments....I actually wish I had more time to go over every single WR again and again because this class is soo deep that there is sure to be a steal in a late round. Kearse could be a real sleeper for a team that uses him like Lance Moore....

I hope some of you guys print this out and watch the draft and this season and give me positive feedback for next season....This is my 3rd year doing this , and I think I am getting better and better...

A guy like Travis Benjamin could also have a short term impact on a team that needs a flash of speed..

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Great JOB!
    These are the guys I like and wouldn't mind Rams drafting. Possible landing spot in draft.

Round 1 J. Blackmon: Reminds me of Branden Marshall and Anquaun Bolden.
    Round 2 R. Randle
    Round 3 A. J. Jenkins
    Round 4 B. Quick
    Round 5 G. Childs (No pick in fifth now)
    Round 6 D. Posey
    Those are my favorite WR's in the rounds I would take them in. R. Randle in the second is the only WR in my group that needs alot of polish.

A undrafted free agent.
    LaRon Bryd

A.J. Jenkins is not lasting to Round 3 --- just won't happen....

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Please let me dream of A.J. Jenkins lasting to the 3rd so Rams can take him.

Just think if Rams can land Blackmon and A.J. Jenkins in this draft. A DREAM come true.

The combine list was released today...back to ranking the wide receivers in this years draft...

Here is a look back at last years rankings -- i think i did pretty well ?

What do u think???

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    What do u think???
    Well, like everyone, you've got some hits and misses.

You may owe Kendall Wright an apology.

A.J. Jenkins has a lot of people looking foolish so far.

Stephen Hill has been a disappointment based on his pre-draft hype.

Nice call on Hilton. He really showed up for the Colts.

Interesting that Sanu tied for the third most touchdown receptions among rookie receivers (4), but finished a whopping 19th in yards.

In hindsight, slotting Brian Quick as a fourth rounder looks quite interesting.

I think Kendall Wright is still overrated -- I bet most of the Rams fans wouldn't trade Givens for Wright.

Stephen Hill did ok when healthy, especially knowing he needs some work.

AJ Jenkins second year will have a huge jump, especially with Moss leaving...

I gotta think if Brian Quick can catch -- he will workout -- he just needs to have a great off-season plan...

Does anyone know Quick's off-season plans???? I wish he would go with Fitzgerald or even some vets for help and come back ready to go

lets not forget all these guys are rookies...and snap counts are the most important thing....

In regards to Wright/Givens, I think that's more of a statement about how underrated Givens turned out to be rather than Wright being overrated. Wright was second among rookies in receptions, fifth in yards, and tied for third in touchdowns. All this despite being misused in Tennessee as a short area possession receiver (his ypc average is near Amendola territory). Regardless, after one year, I think Wright is certainly winning the race against A.J. Jenkins and Marvin Jones as to who is better.

As for Hill, "Ok" seems generous. Hill had one good game in a Jets blowout of Buffalo, and then had a handful of pedestrian performances on his way to being a non-factor for most of the year. Hill is credited with six drops on only 46 targets; to say that isn't good would be an understatement.

Jenkins probably will see a big jump as a second year player, considering he couldn't be any less productive than he was this year. Having said that, you asked how the rankings held up after one year, and after one year, Jenkins was a dud. He makes Brian Quick look like a stat machine.

Speaking of Quick, I have no clue on his offseason plans. Hopefully he's training hard and studying the playbook as often as possible. With the offense staying consistent for the first time in years, there's really no excuse for him to not be prepared this summer. It seems the skill is there; I hope he puts it together because this team needs weapons.

I think with Kendall Wright there is still believe over substance.

There were only 3 rookie WR targeted over 100 times. Blackmon, Wright, and Hilton.

In the exact same amount of targets Hilton had 300+more yards and 3 more TDs.

Also, Wright played alot due to injury, where he wouldn't have played. With that along with Tennessee losing games forced balls to him...

Either way he had an OK rookie season, but his career really hinges on if he can develop this year.

I stand by that Wright is not as good as Marvin Jones or AJ Jenkins...

but thanks for your points...they are all valid.

It's interesting that you talk about belief vs. substance with Wright. To me, it seems like you still believe Wright is overrated despite the substance of his good rookie season that would suggest otherwise.

Wright amassed more yards as a rookie than previous first round receivers Michael Crabtree, Donte Stallworth, Dez Bryant, Roddy White, and Demaryius Thomas did in their respective rookie seasons. His 64 receptions is sixth among first round rookie receivers drafted in the last decade.

Hilton had an outstanding rookie year, but to compare him to Wright without context as an argument for Wright being overrated is pretty weak.

Hilton found himself in a great situation in Indianapolis, on a playoff caliber team with Pro Bowler Reggie Wayne commanding the attention of defenses and Andrew Luck throwing to him.

Meanwhile, Wright led the six-win Titans in receptions and was catching passes from the combination of Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker (whom I liked coming out of college but as a young QB is not on Luck's level).

The fact that Hilton and Wright have similar YAC numbers but Hilton nearly doubles Wright's yards-per-reception average and more than doubles the number of targets Wright had on throws beyond 20 yards illustrates the vastly different roles they were used in.

How's that for substance?

The funny thing is I'm rather indifferent about Kendall Wright as a player. I just don't understand why you seem to dislike him so much that you'd continue to criticize him while defending guys who were clearly inferior on the field as rookies. I seem to recall you were never that high on Wright during the draft process, but I say give him credit where it's due, even if for some reason you still think Jenkins is better.

With that all out of the way, I am looking forward to seeing your rankings and how they develop for this year's class, specifically since there isn't one guy who kind of stands above the others and there's more of a mix of prospects in the top 5-10 of receivers who could be put in any order depending on whom you talk to. Should be fun to see how it develops and finishes for this year's crop.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-07-2013 at 08:47 PM.

you make good points...

Michael Crabtree, Donte Stallworth, Dez Bryant, Roddy White, and Demaryius Thomas -- I wouldn't take K. Wright over any of them....

but the point is Kendall Wright isn't as good a player for the future as his stats lead you to believe.

I think we both made good points, I will keep a few extra looks on Wright this season, but I still think he will have a tough sophomore slump...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast